Wirral Finescale Railway Modellers

Out & about by the tracks November 1988

merlin46

I am going to sound like a right anorak, but that VDA wagon is interesting. Is that a non standard chassis it is sat on?head

And Ripple Lane itself, all gone now, the shed is a car workshop I seem to recall.

Hi Woodenhead

Looking at Google earth the depot & office buildings are still standing, but with no track. Also when I was cataloging these images along with some at Stratford I geotag them as well, so somewhere in the Olympic village was Stratford Depot :-) How things change!

The VDA has some special chassis design, which eludes my grey matter these days. I am sure those better versed in wagons such as Paul Bartlett website will reveal the answer.

HTH

Tim

Sometimes, just sometimes, I wish there was a 'love' button! Thanks for posting these, they're right up my street.y. I H

Pleased that you enjoyed them Pugsley. I have more & will post some when time & the inclination allows:-)

Tim

I am going to sound like a right anorak, but that VDA wagon is interesting. Is that a non standard chassis it is sat on?

And Ripple Lane itself, all gone now, the shed is a car workshop I seem to recall.

It's FAT13 suspension, otherwise known as 'Taperlite' suspension, which came from the high speed freight trial program during the '70's.  100 VDA vans were fitted with this type of suspension.

Archived