Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Where are the EWS models? (in 4mm/00)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would be interesting to note who have gone and renumbered what EWS machines away from the standard release to something else. Especially in terms of class 66 where there are many other possibilities. 

That said. I know me and Newbyford both have a renumbered EWS 66 to 66044. So theres one example of a pairing.

My other 66 are both 79 and 200. An EWS one to renumber might be on the shopping list. 

• RMweb Premium

Would be interesting to note who have gone and renumbered what EWS machines away from the standard release to something else. Especially in terms of class 66 where there are many other possibilities. 

That said. I know me and Newbyford both have a renumbered EWS 66 to 66044. So theres one example of a pairing.

My other 66 are both 79 and 200. An EWS one to renumber might be on the shopping list. 

I've renumbered all of mine to ones I've seen out and about over the years, my first one was 66241 about two days after the shiny new package arrived from Bachmann in 2005!

Fox were very good for a while but then I had a try with Modelmaster and there's no going back! The colour of the transfers is spot on and you can then peel off the carrier film after the transfers have dried, truly getting that painted on look - I'm really happy with how the below project turned out -

0-0-0-0-0-0aaa66113-04.jpg

I was doing 66113 for my mate and the prototype was covered in horrendous graffiti, but had to be modelled!

0-0-0-0-0-0aaa66113-01.jpg

In my mind I still think of the 66s as being new, and when I do occasionally go back up to Didcot and see the EWS-liveried 'Sheds' all fading and covered in battle scars it really hits home that they are, scarily, coming up 20 years old!

Archived