After Reely Grate comes Primrose Hill

Mike

I have my work shop heating set to just above 10C, stays on 24-7.  Well what I mean is it is enabled but mostly during the day it stays off, but then the shed is well insulated and the night time heat up keeps it warm through the day.

Have you got any pics yet of the view blocker for the fiddle yard, I like that Idea and had been mulling something similar around in my head.  

Hope your head cold has gone and have you had your flu-jab as well.

Regards

Hi Barnaby, It realy  needs subtle lighting as you can't see the photos because of the reflection in the window glass, so I think I will leave it unlit. As for the cold, just can't seem to shake it off. :cry:

Thanks Barnaby, as you know from elsewhere I will only be posting about the  layout on this thread, sad I know, but I'm not prepared to put up with snide remarks from a certain individual. :nono:

Hi Mike 

Thats not good. 

Reely (!) liked Reely Grate, so i'm so glad i caught up with Primrose Hill. Very nice work.

Steve 

Thank you CME for your kind words they are very much appreciated. Out of interest here are some show bookings for 2015 maybe I might see you at one of them: ;)

2015 Exhibitions
Primrose Hill will be at Kettering 0 gauge show 7th March 2015
Primrose Hill will be at Hardwicke 29th March
Reely Grate will be at NEWGOG 18th April 2015
Reely Grate will be at Sutton Coldfield  25/26th April

Excellent, I was hoping you'd be at Hardwicke again. I missed the chance to say hello last year, you were in deep conversation (and still running trains- you are a better multi- tasker than I!) when I escaped from behind the diesel depot for a mooch around. See you there!

Thank you CME for your kind words they are very much appreciated. Out of interest here are some show bookings for 2015 maybe I might see you at one of them: ;)

2015 Exhibitions

Primrose Hill will be at Kettering 0 gauge show 7th March 2015

Primrose Hill will be at Hardwicke 29th March

Reely Grate will be at NEWGOG 18th April 2015

Reely Grate will be at Sutton Coldfield  25/26th April

Hi Mike,

Hardwicke is now in the diary - hope to see you there. :)  :)

Excellent, I was hoping you'd be at Hardwicke again. I missed the chance to say hello last year, you were in deep conversation (and still running trains- you are a better multi- tasker than I!) when I escaped from behind the diesel depot for a mooch around. See you there!

I really like Diesel Depot - have a had some nice chats with you guys in the past!

Season's greetings all. :)

CME :)

OK, starting on the 27th the new baseboard will be built for the linking piece between Reely Grate and Primrose Hill. Then it's track laying etc. As I have deliberately cut the number of show attendances this year I am going to start a completely new project. The scale will be 1/35th, narrow gauge based on the German WW2 Atlantic wall fortifications. The idea will included theatrical effects, lighting and sound. The whole thing built in an open ended box so you view down the length. It's something I've had buzzing about in my head for a very long time, so now is the time to develop the idea.

Hallo, Mike,

Just don't forget to engrave your name on your gift in at least three different places - these things get somehow to travel on their own at exhibitions.

Might be a good idea to padlock it to the exhibition layout after using it with a bicycle lock, too.

Best Regards,

Christian

OK, a slight change from my Atlantic Wall theme to, wait for it, a Tank repair work shop set in the French countryside. I think- therefore I am- it will give me far more scope scenically. It will be 1/35 scale using code 100 16.5mm hand built track so roughly 60cm. I have already started (photos soon) on a sort of loco. a cross between a critter and a VW with power from a Black do-dah- thingy-me bob. Can't get my head around using 4mm bits. :O

a Tank repair work shop set in the French countryside. I think- therefore I am- it will give me far more scope scenically. It will be 1/35 scale using code 100 16.5mm hand built track so roughly 60cm. I have already started (photos soon)

As that is roughly Gauge 1 NG, where will you be posting info about this new layout?

Totally out of keeping with this thread and indeed railways in general, here's a bit of scatter gun modelling in the shape of a scratch built 1/35th stand off scale LCT ( landing craft tank). She's, if that's the right term, radio controlled using a 2channel set, has rechargeable batteries, electronic speed control and sails really well. Figures include, group playing cards, tank crew member reading newspaper, map reading GI's etc. Now having built it, what to do with it? :scratchhead: 

post-185-0-35915500-1420886770.jpg

post-185-0-37209100-1420886787.jpg

post-185-0-76483800-1420886799.jpg

post-185-0-27643800-1420886816.jpg

post-185-0-75380400-1420886834.jpg

Now to get back to playing trains. :D

Archived