After Reely Grate comes Primrose Hill

Mike

Just started messing about with 7mm narrow gauge. Built a Peco Glyn Valley loco kit, I cheated as it sits on an old Hornby 0-6-0 chassis, a Branch Lines coach still needs couplings and the roof fixing once it's populated and a couple of wagons including a brake van which need finishing. I had planned to build something in 1/35 scale but as I have been given a few 0:16.5 kits from a friend I thought, well why not. The Layout when built will be a section of the Central Shires, well Warwickshire at least.;)

post-185-0-17026800-1421158889.jpg

post-185-0-05384000-1421158907.jpg

post-185-0-30570600-1421158925.jpg

So I suppose I'll need to start a thread in the Narrow gauge Section once I get underway.

• 2 weeks later...

I have decided that this will be the last year that I will be taking an active part in the hobby. By that I mean I will no longer exhibit any of my layouts, but will continue to model just for fun at home. I have for several years been part of the exhibition circuit with numerous layouts in a variety of scales.
Parkbourne Saint Giles 0, Wantage Upper Yard 00, Knotts Landing 00, Mount Pleasant 00, Lenches Bridge 0, Ashwood Basin 0, Pattingham 0, Spinners End 0, Reely Grate 0, Primrose Hill 0 and for my swan song at this years Warley, The Saltwells Branch 0. Where I go from here I don't know, I'm not an active member of a club other than on forums, so I will plough a single furrow in quiet isolation. Cheers. :cry:

Yes please Mike do keep your modelling masterpieces posted on here. 

Like many I find your work is helpful, inspirational and thoroughly entertaining to follow.  The back stories are a real blend of fact & fiction and help to place your models in time and locations giving the model purpose and authenticity.

Your kind help and suggestions to my queries have also been much appreciated by me.

Please keep on modelling and reporting back on here.

Many thanks

Thank you all for the likes etc. they are very much appreciated. Primrose Hill will be at Kettering on the 7th March so if any of you are going please drop by and say hello. Factory Lane Sidings by Alant will also be there I'm really looking forward to that. ;)

Something's a foot, well actually several feet,as plans have been passed by the Governor for a new larger workshop/play house. Work will start in spring when the old one is dismantled a  new one gets erected. Then joy of joys, room to play trains and build something new.;)

Welcome to some more space which if you're anything like me you will still fill up.  :stinker:

I have to adopt the walk of a crab to negotiate my way about in mine, but I do have an oak dinning table and 6 chairs stored in there too.

Hopefully they will be moving into the house after I've sold on the existing pieces and I will gain more working space.

Double glazed, heated, lights, radio, tv, alarmed, plenty of twin sockets and 2 bloody great padlocks along with IR floods for security.

IN THE BUILD>>>

post-1159-0-31404400-1422620532_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all your support I will wear it wellwink.gif Updated Exhibition list for 2015.(P)= Primrose Hill. (RG)= Reely Grate
G0G Kettering 7th March(P), GlosGOG 29th March(P), NewGOG 18th April (RG), Sutton Coldfield25/26th April(RG), Warley 7mm Open day 17th May (P), Lichfield 19th September (P), Cradley 17th October (P), Birmingham 31st October  (P), Solihull 14th November (P), Warley NEC 28/29th November (P+RG).

Thanks Donw, the governor (my wife) has suggested that perhaps a new build and then the odd show might be an option. One of the reasons and there are several for giving exhibiting a miss is that my trusty second man is now in his 80's and not able to do more than the occasional 1 day show. The new layout arrangement is just too big for me to handle on my own as it needs 2 operators and a relief an arrangement covered for Warley 2015. :derisive:

• 2 weeks later...

The last few days I have had to do a number of repairs to Primrose Hill as it has suffered some water damage. The felt on the shed roof had been damaged in the recent high wind and rain and unfortunately some water had dripped onto the layout. The damage although only minor has been an absolute pain in the backside to repair and with the temperature of only 3deg I've almost got frostbite and certainly now have chilblains. Oh, the joys of modelling :crazy: ,it has to be and span and of course working for GOG Kettering.

• RMweb Premium

The last few days I have had to do a number of repairs to Primrose Hill as it has suffered some water damage. The felt on the shed roof had been damaged in the recent high wind and rain and unfortunately some water had dripped onto the layout. The damage although only minor has been an absolute pain in the backside to repair and with the temperature of only 3deg I've almost got frostbite and certainly now have chilblains. Oh, the joys of modelling :crazy: ,it has to be ###### and span and of course working for GOG Kettering.

I notice that the censorship software has eliminated a word that I didn't even know was offensive, unless you mis-spelt 'spick'.

Yes it is very nice Mike but the in house dinning table still gets used as a work bench much to the Station Mistresses irritation.

Talking of dinning tables and chairs, I wanted to cut a small length of ply the other day and rather than get out the workmate, I commandeered one of the dinning table chairs for quickness. In my haste I could not understand why it was taking me so long to cut the ply, until I finally noticed I had cut about 3 inches into the seat of the chair  :O .

The wife was not actually that angry, as she said the look on my face was a punishment in itself.

ATB,

Martyn.

Wasn't sure if that deserved a "funny" or a "supportive" Martyn!

Sorry to hear about the localised flooding on Primrose Hill Mike. Seems trickier to repair damage than build new half the time, I'm sure it's as good as new if not better now though ;) Not too long 'till Hardwicke now either!

In view of the word censorship perhaps I should have used the term; neat and tidy or not as the case maybe as there is no such thing as American English . English is English and I shall continue to use the words SPICK and SPAN.;)

• RMweb Premium

Talking of dinning tables and chairs, I wanted to cut a small length of ply the other day and rather than get out the workmate, I commandeered one of the dinning table chairs for quickness. In my haste I could not understand why it was taking me so long to cut the ply, until I finally noticed I had cut about 3 inches into the seat of the chair  :O .

The wife was not actually that angry, as she said the look on my face was a punishment in itself.

ATB,

Martyn.

Wasn't sure if that deserved a "funny" or a "supportive" Martyn!

Sorry to hear about the localised flooding on Primrose Hill Mike. Seems trickier to repair damage than build new half the time, I'm sure it's as good as new if not better now though ;) Not too long 'till Hardwicke now either!

I clicked 'supportive' as Martyn is bound to pay for it one way or another. :girldevil:

New hand held controller works a treat, however the traverser is still suffering from water damage :help: . It now slides OK, but needs a little more work to get it back to perfect. Kettering in 2weeks time and Hardwicke at the end of March it's got to be sorted by then. :cry:

Archived