After Reely Grate comes Primrose Hill

Mike

Thanks for all your support I will wear it wellwink.gif Updated Exhibition list for 2015.(P)= Primrose Hill. (RG)= Reely Grate

G0G Kettering 7th March(P), GlosGOG 29th March(P), NewGOG 18th April (RG), Sutton Coldfield25/26th April(RG), Warley 7mm Open day 17th May (P), Lichfield 19th September (P), Cradley 17th October (P), Birmingham 31st October  (P), Solihull 14th November (P), Warley NEC 28/29th November (P+RG).

I'm sure you were saying something funny a while back about giving up exhibiting, Mike!! :D

My Mrs moans about me doing just two!! :(

Will come & say Hi at Kettering. :)

Barnaby - you need to do a Thread about your Gentleman's Activity Bunker!! (unless I've missed it already?)

.....oh and for those of us who model American trains, unfortunately there is such a thing as "American english"... :shout: :jester:

In the description of my Reely Grate Layout I refer to the Reely Gate Fulminator and I have often been asked what one of those is. Well.......It’s about 18ins high and 4ins in diameter with an N type connection on either side including a Resonator 50 ohm with a 1/4 wave coaxial cavity. The length of the centre line can be altered within the mechanism which supports a 2m bio-plasmic optical reader in port1 and an antenna in port2. The device was used almost exclusively in anti-submarine warfare in conjunction with Asdic in both Wars. There is no photograph of the device in the public domain and no drawings are kept in the factory as it still remains on the most secret list. :dontknow:

In the description of my Reely Grate Layout I refer to the Reely Gate Fulminator and I have often been asked what one of those is. Well.......It’s about 18ins high and 4ins in diameter with an N type connection on either side including a Resonator 50 ohm with a 1/4 wave coaxial cavity. The length of the centre line can be altered within the mechanism which supports a 2m bio-plasmic optical reader in port1 and an antenna in port2. The device was used almost exclusively in anti-submarine warfare in conjunction with Asdic in both Wars. There is no photograph of the device in the public domain and no drawings are kept in the factory as it still remains on the most secret list. :dontknow:

Invented and originally developed by R.J. Pulson in 1912. The prototype only had a single port. The Mark 2 had an additional Q type connector on the left.

Invented and originally developed by R.J. Pulson in 1912. The prototype only had a single port. The Mark 2 had an additional Q type connector on the left.

Quite correct, however the version that first went into production was the Mark IV quickly followed by the Mark V which had a vastly improved thermo-coupler and Interocitor making for a 0.5 - 1w  mW interface with Asdic.;)

Quite correct, however the version that first went into production was the Mark IV quickly followed by the Mark V which had a vastly improved thermo-coupler and Interocitor making for a 0.5 - 1w  mW interface with Asdic. ;)

According to my grandfather, the flange on the edge of the rear interfracitator could, in an emergecy, be used for getting boy scouts out of horses' hooves.

Oh so true.

According to my grandfather, the flange on the edge of the rear interfracitator could, in an emergecy, be used for getting boy scouts out of horses' hooves.

What size was this flange.... Just wondering if it could be accurately modelled in P4?

What size was this flange.... Just wondering if it could be accurately modeled in P4?

Only in S7 plus or minus a modicum of decorum, as it's all down to the physiological propensities of the differential of fulcrums.

I'm sure that you all will have spotted that there is no mark III mentioned. This was an absolute disaster due to the first trials of solid state electronics by the encapsulation of the circuit in a solution of dry casting resin,especially and secretly produced for us by I.K.B, no not Isambard but Isiah Kenneth Buffey.
The Reely assembly technicians had to be quick though, as they had little more than 100 nanoseconds before the potting compound went hard. So any re-work of faulty units would have been a real challenge that would have required a hand held machine especially developed for the job resembling a P4 jackhammer. Subsequently this version was quickly dropped and dare I say from a great height. :whistle:

I'm sure that you all will have spotted that there is no mark III mentioned. This was an absolute disaster due to the first trials of solid state electronics by the encapsulation of the circuit in a solution of dry casting resin,especially and secretly produced for us by I.K.B, no not Isambard but Isiah Kenneth Buffey.

The Reely assembly technicians had to be quick though, as they had little more than 100 nanoseconds before the potting compound went hard. So any re-work of faulty units would have been a real challenge that would have required a hand held machine especially developed for the job resembling a P4 jackhammer. Subsequently this version was quickly dropped and dare I say from a great height. :whistle:

For some reason, all this talk about the Reely Grate Fulminator reminded me of the classic "Turbo Encabulator" video...    :sungum:

Well worth the 2 minutes to listen.

According to archive documentation at the BBC a Mark IV Reely Grate Fulminator was encapsulated in the navigation system of the very first model of the Tardis. The Mark IV was still relatively unstable at that point in time and had much to do with the Tardis's rather erratic navigational performance which was probably due to the flux invertor and differential vane linkage. Stabilized power in the Mark V is via a system of magneto variable turblogic instead of the more usual intro-confibularitory inverse lexiphonetic generator. Work continues to improve the pandodermic novotrunion encapsulation using amulite and carbohexophenol. - :scratchhead: I really need to get out more. :mosking:

According to archive documentation at the BBC a Mark IV Reely Grate Fulminator was encapsulated in the navigation system of the very first model of the Tardis. The Mark IV was still relatively unstable at that point in time and had much to do with the Tardis's rather erratic navigational performance which was probably due to the flux invertor and differential vane linkage. Stabilized power in the Mark V is via a system of magneto variable turblogic instead of the more usual intro-confibularitory inverse lexiphonetic generator. Work continues to improve the pandodermic novotrunion encapsulation using amulite and carbohexophenol. - :scratchhead: I really need to get out more. :mosking:

They are also brilliant for propping a fire exit open  :stinker:

• RMweb Premium

Has Sir Humphrey Appleby been giving you lessons?

Archived