Class 143 Arriva Trains Wales Project

charliepetty

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Charlie

Forgive the basic questions from someone who has been out of this for 20 years.

Is the body constructed conventionally with removable glazing or is the paint 'printed' onto a one piece plastic?

From what I could see of a photo here, it's the former, but someone told me it's the latter. Like others, I'd like to see a provincial livery- but I would be quite happy to buy in whatever livery and have someone professionally repaint (a model of this quality deserves better than my 'average' repaint skills). I know there are some minor differences on the era yours are modelled from compared to original as built, but I can live with that. Obviously the construction method dictates whether a repaint is possible or not.

it looks a good model and you should be rightly proud of your work. I hope it is successful for you.

Thanks for the reply, Charlie.

On a serious point (even if it sounds flippant) I read here that spare parts are available... so if glazing is damaged it wouldn't be the end of the world? I think body damage could be repaired fairly easily but not glazing strips.

Again, thanks for the reply I know you're a busy bloke.

Possible Good News.

Production finished on Arriva Trains Wales 143, shipping to port today(That's Chinese for this month) so arrival via the boat avoiding Bachmann Submarines is late December.

Now we asked a question?  Can you box up 50 and send UPS Airfreight for the NEC, 'NO' Answer as yet! 

Now they have promised First Great Western Samples for next week????  Hope the know when next week is, as a standard 'Next Week. will be December.

OLD CHINESE PROVERB:  He who waits longest, receives best present. He who is impatient, end up disappointed. 

• Like 2

Now we are talking, airfreight confirmed for next week on 60 Arriva Trains Wales Class 143s for Warley Show.  As mentioned on this thread the main batch is due in around 3/4th week of December, so UK Customs permitting we should get them tested here by mid January with shipping in one batch late January.  PLEASE no ringing up chasing orders until late January.    Charlie

post-3411-0-36618800-1415819321_thumb.jpg

post-3411-0-84223600-1415819358_thumb.jpg

post-3411-0-47669000-1415819455_thumb.jpg

Edited by charliepetty
  • Like 6

I have been trying to contact Charlie re an order I have placed 2 weeks ago for the past few days has

anything happened to him or has shop phone been changed

any info will be helpful

TIA

David Wexford

He's been at the Wakefield show.  Probably the best thing to do is send him a personal message through RMweb.

• 3 weeks later...