Class 143 Arriva Trains Wales Project

charliepetty

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

HELP REQUIRED!!!!!

We are looking for 'Recordings' of non specific passenger announcements like:  Arrive Train Wales welcomes you aboard this service, please familiarise yourself with the safety notices adjacent to the doors, OR SIMILAR.   Short but sweet, does not have to have Arriva mentioned, but nicer if it has!

Thanks in anticipation.    Charlie.

• RMweb Premium

HELP REQUIRED!!!!!

We are looking for 'Recordings' of non specific passenger announcements like:  Arrive Train Wales welcomes you aboard this service, please familiarise yourself with the safety notices adjacent to the doors, OR SIMILAR.   Short but sweet, does not have to have Arriva mentioned, but nicer if it has!

Thanks in anticipation.    Charlie.

I don't think any automated announcements on Arriva Trains Wales Pacers do mention the company name. I think they have been there since the Wales and Borders days if not before.

For true realism, it needs to repeat:

"Welcome aboard. Please familiarise yourself with the safety information mounted between the saloon windows*. Emergency door opening instructions are located close to the doors. Please ensure all luggage on overhead racks is safely stowed, and when you leave the train, please mind the gap between the train and the platform, and take care as you alight. Thank you." at aggravatingly frequent, but apparently random, intervals.

* It's not between the saloon windows. But that's where the announcement says it is.

Though now I think about it, it may be only the 142's that have these announcements.

• RMweb Premium

Any chance of asking a guard to play one/two different ones when the train is quiet at a terminus in the valleys!   Recording it on a mobile phone or video camera!!!!

So far as I know there is just the one (tediously long) automated announcement on Arriva's pacers, which is played at apparently random intervals. I've never heard any others, and I travel on them most days.

And I'm not even sure the 143's have them - it might just be the 142s, which are a lot more common, at least on the line I use.

We have added another 150 Pieces to the ATW Class 143 order to cover the orders, please don't leave it too long as these will run out. We are not doing anymore either, just other liveries.

I love swan's,  

post-3411-0-57484300-1406667725.jpg

Edited by charliepetty

The delivery schedule is planned for the NEC Birmingham, BUT its the Chinese that promised that!  The main batch is due during December with a 'Urgent Air Shipment' for Mid November if (or should I say IF) things go to a plan, there comments were 'younowerry'  BUT I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie

post-3411-0-51546100-1407330792_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Yes and possibly Valley Lines too!

The green and red of the valley lines livery is really appealing, still have my Rhymney valley service 37s fleet and would usher my model of radyr along. I hope I'm not a lone voice on this ?

• 2 weeks later...