American O Scale: "Portway Terminal Short Line, MN".

F-UnitMad

1 hour ago, andrew's trains said:
  On 19/05/2020 at 09:43, z4driver said:

It'll all be sorted once we get the marvellous trade agreement with the US :biggrin_mini2::good_mini:

1 hour ago, andrew's trains said:

Oh, Oh, Oh, I'm laughing so hard I can't breathe, and I'm rolling on the floor.

Free Trade Agreement - Is never free, is not about even trade, and no one can agree what it was all for once it's signed and lopsided.

I may be wrong, but I do believe there may have been just the teeniest bit of sarcasm in z4driver's post. ;)

You've posted photos of your 'UK' Plymouth before; it's interesting because it shows just how much work there is to really change the model convincingly. For starters the pilot beam is too low to just stick buffers & 3-links on it, and be done. Hasn't stopped many a UK modeller from doing just that, of course... :rolleyes: :banghead:

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, F-UnitMad said:

I may be wrong, but I do believe there may have been just the teeniest bit of sarcasm in z4driver's post. ;)

There certainly was :)

• Friendly/supportive 2

From what I've gathered over the years, narrow gauge Plymouth's are outside framed, and standard gauge are inside framed. Of course there will be exceptions ........

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Not sure this is the best place for this but, with Jordan's liking of F units and poor track i couldn't resist. An F unit hauling freight and switching in 2020.

The guy has several other videos taken this year. It looks like the FP7 has been fitted with a 5-chime horn, and has a HEP unit fitted.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

Crikey, those things are ugly enough without sticking a Pilbara cab on it...

Plymouths? Ugly?? 

Go & sit in the Naughty Corner - & write 100 lines:-

"Plymouths are not ugly. EMD BL2s are UGLY!!"

:punish: :blum:  :jester:

Edited by F-UnitMad
  • Funny 1

5 hours ago, Regularity said:

See, I am going to disagree there. BL2s may have been a pain in the butt to make and service, but I rather like their lines.

Well there's no accounting for taste, is there? And as someone who likes CF7s, I feel like the phrase about stones & glass houses applies here. :scratchhead: :tomato:

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

Well there's no accounting for taste, is there? And as someone who likes CF7s, I feel like the phrase about stones & glass houses applies here. :scratchhead: :tomato:

I quite agree. Anyone who likes CF7s really does need to keep quiet about matters of taste. ;)

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

20200601_203635.jpg.08832b6fe53871e1588c3239c642aa15.jpgAtlas Plymouth #30 is finished. I really ought to weather them, but just can't bring myself to do it.

This one has been named, in memory of a certain RMweb US/Canadian Section Stalwart....

Edited by F-UnitMad
  • Like 14

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

Sorry, everyone (especially Simon :D ) Likely been posted before, probably even in this thread,  but I couldn't resist.

My HO CF7....

000038896923.Jpeg.c7632a70f5f7c3a9c11027e7ed9407d6.Jpeg

:sungum: :locomotive:

It's not available in S, and no one has yet produced one, so I feel reasonably safe.

Also the solid red scheme hides some of the ugliness... :)

• Friendly/supportive 1

24 minutes ago, Regularity said:

It's not available in S, and no one has yet produced one, so I feel reasonably safe.

Also the solid red scheme hides some of the ugliness... :)

You'll NEVER guess what the shade of red is.... ;) :mosking:  :yahoo:

1 hour ago, F-UnitMad said:

Atlas Plymouth #30 is finished. 

This one has been named, in memory of a certain RMweb US/Canadian Section Stalwart...

39 minutes ago, Northroader said:

Nice idea.

I bought this loco only a few weeks or so before Jack died, and we'd been discussing Plymouths on this Thread at the time. So I decided to do this after the news of his passing came. In fact he was the person who sent me the link that introduced me to RMweb, so in a way it's his fault I inflict my comedy modelling on you all..!! :D

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

You'll NEVER guess what the shade of red is.... ;) :mosking:  :yahoo:

Midland/LMS (e.g. Ford damask red or similar)?

I bought this loco only a few weeks or so before Jack died, and we'd been discussing Plymouths on this Thread at the time. So I decided to do this after the news of his passing came. In fact he was the person who sent me the link that introduced me to RMweb, so in a way it's his fault I inflict my comedy modelling on you all..!! :D

The modelling is fine.

...the comedy is...  ...inflicted upon us!

• Like 1