Czech Railway modelling

NHY 581

• RMweb Gold

Hi all after watching a DVD on Czech Railways I was fascinated by the whole area the DVD showed a lot of DB stock running on CD lines. Anyway as I said I was fascinated by it so much so that I've just ordered a ROCO class 754 (don't ask why I never know :jester:) now I need to find something to run behind the 754 I believe this loco would as a rule run on passenger working is that right?

Have a look here, Stock.

Should be something to help.

http://www.cztrain.com/sdruz/

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Took a trip on the branch line which runs from Obramovice to Sedlcany today.

Great run.

810 rail bus.

To cap it all, including rail travel, three lunches and two pints came to less than a tenner.

A few photos taken at Sedlcany then ...

Rob.

post-14122-0-04358000-1405266705_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-54506800-1405266724_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-06490100-1405266750_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

copious amounts of Kozel and the contents of several unlabelled bottles of unknown clear alcoholic liquid

The Kozel's ok. But after one (only one!) session on the clear alcoholic liquid I'd never touched that stuff again!

• RMweb Gold

No unloading taking place but all the conveyors etc were in place so I suspect it does go on. Can't say for sure though.

I am with you re Kozel dark, Ian. Goes down a treat.

Rob.

And I drink local whenI'm home, Cerna Hora (Black Hill)

Posted Today, 19:07

Hi again could anyone please point me to where I'll find any info on station track plans any help would be very welcome :senile:

Hey,

in regards to your 754 - pretty much anything, this loco is so  called "universal" so passenger coaches and cargo cars alike.

Also depends on what era you model, if your dvd is quite recent then yes you would see a lot of DB cagro stock as there's one of main transit lines to Austria and eastern countries.

Station track plans, real ones here: http://diskuze.modely.biz/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5039

and here: http://diskuze.modely.biz/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5038

Model track plans, there are tons on above forum, I will post some links later, some may require registration, for example works of Milal Ferdian

whom also published books Plany Kolejist 1 & 2.

Quick peek:

https://www.google.cz/search?q=planky+kolejist&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=C0PEU6LrD6WS7Aa2pIAY&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=667#q=Milan+Ferdian&tbm=isch

BR

Marian

Edited by mastanec

• RMweb Gold

I think I am right in saying Plany Kolejist 1 is currently out of print. I bought no. 2 from the Prago models book stall on Masarykovo last year, about £15.

I used Google earth to get track plans, you can use street view at the same time.

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Visited Chynov station last night. Station is in a village where the other half s family have their country house.

A couple of photos then.....

Rob

post-14122-0-47212700-1405422879_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-13705000-1405423272_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Not being sure if we will get back to Prague before we go, I ordered a Bardotka from AMB on Sunday evening. Arrived COD yesterday. Very impressive service and the model is really nice.

A photo then, taken this morning on the veranda. The model really does capture the look of the prototype.

Rob.

post-14122-0-54374800-1405576736_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-01709200-1405577117_thumb.jpg

Edited by nhy581
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Mmmmmm, I know. A large gin prior to any weathering me thinks.

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Marion.

The Bardotka seems to be a lot heavier but I am still in Czech so difficult to be sure, as the Goggles is back home.

It feels very solid but I think the detail on the Goggles is better. I am very happy with the Bardotka and will hopefully buy more MTB in the future. I think the Bardotka is MTBs best model though when compared to the 721 and 742.

Rob

I'd say so too that Bardotkas are their best model.

721 is second, 742 lost it under par, totally.

Well, there has never really been much detail on bardotkas, but its true roco has slightly better detail.

Marian

• RMweb Gold

I am interested too in the class 742 in HO.

Problably not ideally suited for Dobris  although they do / did run to Cercany on the scondary line that Dobris branches off, and they do appear in most areas of the country I do fancy one.

What are the issues with the 742?  I haven't got an educated enough eye to spot anything from the pics I've seen.  I'd been hoping they'd introduce it in TT.

I am interested too in the class 742 in HO.

Problably not ideally suited for Dobris  although they do / did run to Cercany on the scondary line that Dobris branches off, and they do appear in most areas of the country I do fancy one.

Hi lads,

its the overal impression from the model, I myself was looking to get 742 "Bangle/Bangladesh" myself, I was looking forward to it more than the 721.

- pink lights, possble to fix by drop of translucent red paint

- shape and size of the fuel tank

- the X under the louvers in the long hood, prototype has this formed into tent shape, on the model it looks like press stamped

- i guess this model i okay for a layout where you will watch it from 3ft away, I woudl not put it on display where the most intricate detail can be seen

see here, prototype:

742009b.jpg

MTB model ©AMB:

7341.jpg

Radek Ciba:

https://picasaweb.google.com/rdkcbr88/FotkyStavba7422587

Built from DK model brass etch.

If you feel confident building/like building of brass etched models, then this is for you.

I have one worked on for a long time now, only if i had time to finish it.

@ Ian, why not?

I would not be suprised if they do go to Dobris from time to time, it is after all one of the most common engines in former Czechoslovakia :)

BR

Martian

• RMweb Gold

Hi lads,

its the overal impression from the model, I myself was looking to get 742 "Bangle/Bangladesh" myself, I was looking forward to it more than the 721.

- pink lights, possble to fix by drop of translucent red paint

- shape and size of the fuel tank

- the X under the louvers in the long hood, prototype has this formed into tent shape, on the model it looks like press stamped

- i guess this model i okay for a layout where you will watch it from 3ft away, I woudl not put it on display where the most intricate detail can be seen

see here, prototype:

742009b.jpg

MTB model ©AMB:

7341.jpg

Radek Ciba:

https://picasaweb.google.com/rdkcbr88/FotkyStavba7422587

Built from DK model brass etch.

If you feel confident building/like building of brass etched models, then this is for you.

I have one worked on for a long time now, only if i had time to finish it.

@ Ian, why not?

I would not be suprised if they do go to Dobris from time to time, it is after all one of the most common engines in former Czechoslovakia :)

BR

Martian

They may well get up there but I have yet to see any photos of them on that line, although due to the steep gradients this might be why I have only seen shots of Bardotkas on the route and class 714's on the 4 wheel class 10 passenger trailers.

Until a class 714 is released (or if I fancy having a go at the brass kit) the 742 would do on the trailers on the layout.

The handrails also look a little chunky and are wrong on the fronts and steps bit otherwise the fuel tank could be reprofiled and that panel under the grille could be fabricated out of styrene.

Thanks Martian, I see where you're coming from now.  Now I see the issues, I think it's probably still less work to correct them than to build an etched kit, though it's horses for courses as to what we enjoy doing as modellers.  They're not yet announced in TT though, so for now I'm just dreaming...

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Martian, I see where you're coming from now.  Now I see the issues, I think it's probably still less work to correct them than to build an etched kit, though it's horses for courses as to what we enjoy doing as modellers.  They're not yet announced in TT though, so for now I'm just dreaming...

We picked up ready built resin and brass mechanism TT scale ones a few years ago from the shop in OStrava Hlvani. Both ran fine till one had a failed motor but that now has a Mashima motor in it. The other one still runs fine. The detailing and working lights is superb, as good as a ready to run loco.

However as to whether these arestill made by who ever is another matter.

Ian

• RMweb Gold

I fancy a 742 myself but one thing I have noticed is the ribbing on the cabsides. Do all have this. I note the above photo from Marion does not seem to have this and neither does the MTB model.

Rob.

post-14122-0-05822600-1405689058_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-60173600-1405689095.jpg

I fancy a 742 myself but one thing I have noticed is the ribbing on the cabsides. Do all have this. I note the above photo from Marion does not seem to have this and neither does the MTB model.

Rob.

I hope galleries here answer your question, its design http://www.prototypy.cz/?rada=742

the lower series had no ribs on cab, and had 3 ribs on frame, also different frame for the headlight with each series.

For this I think is really best the DK model kit, as all those parts are included and you build according to your documentation and photos.

MTB costs around 160euro.

DK model with athearn S2 chasis 30 bucks less, but gives you option to fully customize up to your needs. As Taigatrommel mentioned above thats whats modeling is about, for example I am still afraid t odo mods on RTR models but I'm not afraid to do these mods whils building a kit.

Well the 742 is older than 714, so they may have been there on more than one ocassion.

BR

Marian