Gonerby Goods & TMD

rushdenx1

Following on from my last layout 'Gonerby Lane' in 2010. Here is my latest OO gauge DCC Shelf layout. 

It measures 8' by 1' with a 5' x 1' (fiddle yard) extension connected at right angles. 

The layout was built with a number of key 'personal' requirements which some purist may frown at. 

1/ A layout with as much track as possible to allow for a variety of train movements (clearances are therefore tighter than in real life).

2/ In amongst a number of shunt signals, two colour light signals are fitted with feathers as I like them, although again probably would not appear in a goods yard.

3/ As it is permanently on display in my work office I wanted it to look good even without any trains or wagons on it.

4/ The fiddle yard has been finished fully landscaped to resemble goods yard sidings, rather than being left bare.  Again as it is in view permanently.

5/ The layout is fitted with a lot of lights, in buildings, on street, yard, cars.  With flashing police lights, crossing lights, beacons, welding etc so it looks good even at night.

The first picture is the main layout.  The second is the landscaped 'fiddle yard'.

post-2468-0-98667500-1388332981_thumb.jpg

post-2468-0-00878100-1388333082_thumb.jpg

Any comments good or bad are welcome. Kevin.

Archived