Deadmans Lane. Racing to York. Easter 2024

newbryford

17 hours ago, newbryford said:

Work has been proceeding on the enlarged storage sidings as time allows.

All the tracklaying is complete with microswitches - as before - for point frog polarity. I just need to wire them, but that should be a reasonably quick job. There is as small amount of track DCC wiring to add to the new siding roads.

All the point servos are installed and part tested with the extended Megapoints routeing gear. I now have two route boards - one for each of the inner and outer circuits - as the route count has gone from 24 to 40 - so each router now controls 20 routes.

There is one inter-board cable to be fitted that carries the signals for 6 servos from a new 12 channel servo controller (there are actually 16 new servos, but I did have two spare channels at each end to feed the two new servos on each end board)

The "inner" two FY boards now have 6 new servos each, so 1x 12 way controller looks after them.

Just need to finish off the new "bling" route  control boxes that should give more reliable operation that the original panels. The previous route control pushbuttons required a positive press, so I've made them a bit more idiot proof (one is a very infrequent RMwebber, the other isn't on here - so I'm not talking about G, J and C............ - you know who you are)

The "big test" should be in the next 10 days or so depending on work/family/other stock commitments.

Then it's readying the stock for Stafford. If I get chance, I'll post stuff on the workbench thread.

Cheers,

Mick

Bit of a 'spikey' comment above! He will have ya!

I'm sorry idiot proof is no certainty of being resistant to professional idoits....

Looking forward to more storage.....more wheels to clean....more boxes to carry to and from van..etc.....but it will improve visitor satisfaction!

The fiddle ward will be a attraction in its self 

G

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

On 12/01/2020 at 00:59, newbryford said:

Work has been proceeding on the enlarged storage sidings as time allows.

All the tracklaying is complete with microswitches - as before - for point frog polarity. I just need to wire them, but that should be a reasonably quick job. There is as small amount of track DCC wiring to add to the new siding roads.

All the point servos are installed and part tested with the extended Megapoints routeing gear. I now have two route boards - one for each of the inner and outer circuits - as the route count has gone from 24 to 40 - so each router now controls 20 routes.

There is one inter-board cable to be fitted that carries the signals for 6 servos from a new 12 channel servo controller (there are actually 16 new servos, but I did have two spare channels at each end to feed the two new servos on each end board)

The "inner" two FY boards now have 6 new servos each, so 1x 12 way controller looks after them.

Just need to finish off the new "bling" route  control boxes that should give more reliable operation that the original panels. The previous route control pushbuttons required a positive press, so I've made them a bit more idiot proof (one is a very infrequent RMwebber, the other isn't on here - so I'm not talking about G, J and C............ - you know who you are)

The "big test" should be in the next 10 days or so depending on work/family/other stock commitments.

Then it's readying the stock for Stafford. If I get chance, I'll post stuff on the workbench thread.

Cheers,

Mick

I've made one of my infrequent visits!! I think I'd be the best person to test it to see if it's idiot proof :crazy_mini::crazy_mini:

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, RallyRob16 said:

I've made one of my infrequent visits!! I think I'd be the best person to test it to see if it's idiot proof :crazy_mini::crazy_mini:

Welcome back Rob. Plenty of spare time now.......

• RMweb Premium

The extended yard is almost ready.

10 is the outer shortest line and 1 the longest inner - this applies to both halves of the yard,

The shortest roads 9-10 will take a 4 car Voyager - just, but probably better suited to a 2 car and 1 car DMU - or a 3-car 170.

Roads 8-6 are good for 5 car 221 ans similar 2 plus 3 or the DB exec set.

5 downwards are the longer trains or two shorter sets.

The routeing panels are all up and running, but I've got a minor ghost/signal noise issue withe the Megapoints system. Hoping that Dave will have the solution in time for Stafford.

DLFY.jpg.a5deb79135bf4cde707ec5c1a97dc24f.jpg

New stock is mostly the PCA set (see the workbench thread) , along with a couple of additions to the FL maintenance rake and a Bachy 158.

There may be an addition or two to the loco fleet, but that depends upon others..............

See you at Stafford.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 15
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium

Very impressive Mick. 

I wish I had the room and space with my layout to have a yard like this. Right now I could do with it too with more and more coaches and wagons been announced and realistically my layout can only hold a few rakes. A few years ago when I first built it their was ample space for stock but now with so much modern image stock been announced I am already running out of storage space. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 24/01/2020 at 23:57, newbryford said:

The extended yard is almost ready.

10 is the outer shortest line and 1 the longest inner - this applies to both halves of the yard,

The shortest roads 9-10 will take a 4 car Voyager - just, but probably better suited to a 2 car and 1 car DMU - or a 3-car 170.

Roads 8-6 are good for 5 car 221 ans similar 2 plus 3 or the DB exec set.

5 downwards are the longer trains or two shorter sets.

The routeing panels are all up and running, but I've got a minor ghost/signal noise issue withe the Megapoints system. Hoping that Dave will have the solution in time for Stafford.

DLFY.jpg.a5deb79135bf4cde707ec5c1a97dc24f.jpg

New stock is mostly the PCA set (see the workbench thread) , along with a couple of additions to the FL maintenance rake and a Bachy 158.

There may be an addition or two to the loco fleet, but that depends upon others..............

See you at Stafford.

Cheers,

Mick

Welcome to micks model of kingmoor new yard

G

Edited by bradfordbuffer
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to all those who stopped by to chat.

Glad you liked DL.

The larger fiddle yard has made it a bit easier to run a few more trains, and the extended route setting system and control boxes worked a treat.

I did have an issue with the semi-auto signalling on Friday setup, so this was quickly jury-rigged on Saturday to give at least some form of main line signalling.

They were prototype control circuits anyway, so they will be replaced with a couple of a more robust nature before DL ventures beyond the Watford Gap to BRM Ally Pally.

A few other bits and pieces of regular maintenance and tweaking will also be carried out.

And a faint possibility of a couple more yellow coaches.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 13

11 hours ago, Phil Mc said:

Thought this was meant to be an up-to-date layout.......

( I’ve got an idea why this particular loco was on show! :P )

Cheers,

Phil.

Shhhh dont mention the yellow 08 or 31! Shhh...before you know it mick will be running a rtc class 24 and a gas turbine apt-e!!... by the time of ally pally show there will be a jinty shunting DL!....not to mention a new Hornby rocket and coaches on main line....

G

• Funny 2

12 hours ago, Phil Mc said:

It only came out for 5 minutes or so before it was removed...must be like 50008 and must've broken down...... ;)

As for odd things going mainline with yellow coaches, we had that in the crazy hour at the end of Saturday courtesy of G. I'd keep any Rockets and jinties well away!

Jack.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Phil Mc said:

Cheers,

Phil.

Adrian made me do it.

• Funny 3

On 02/02/2020 at 20:40, Jack374 said:

Another excellent weekend was had with the lads...many thanks for putting up with me! I did wear the chief train crasher's hat a few times over the weekend...

Below are some shots I took, with some of Mick's superb work on the Accurascale PCAs and twin jib crane:

IMG_5348PSs.jpg.e9e74c5b24d97a6da86565d937c56006.jpg

IMG_5320PSs.jpg.74a4355322e9c41f8ed7ba9ea3d83fa0.jpg

IMG_5351PSs.jpg.16156240057142601f6806fd80ef2584.jpg

IMG_5340PSs.jpg.09d6e856b57d96f94982be528d09d0c3.jpg

IMG_5342PSs.jpg.a1673f37b33a869546c7cc57c58dd9db.jpg

IMG_5353PSs.jpg.338078492b64913c5e3ffc221d2d639b.jpg

IMG_5373PSs.jpg.61a6b8ef5c1afcc4076447b25c1d3324.jpg

IMG_5375PSs.jpg.5c125f4fc60ccf13874ef8c6c55f9d0c.jpg

IMG_5372PSs.jpg.be0151baa85b492e7fd98b9a1680db57.jpg

IMG_5394PSs.jpg.2b2f0cc0cbb40ed9331b09a66c755803.jpg

IMG_5371PSs.jpg.4abb2a3c5d0e6290de7d80266062a68f.jpg

IMG_5387PSs.jpg.04f4750279853c0aa2bf8332ece19062.jpg

And not forgetting G's yellow charter, which had a spin on the main line, much to Mick's disgust....

IMG_5398PSs.jpg.6c5e6d914d66bf7c423499dee82051de.jpg

Finally a shot of the monstrous extended 20-road fiddle yard:

IMG_5390PSs.jpg.9b292a2a7312aab49a0bcbe8a7027216.jpg

Cheers Mick, and the rest of the team...see you all in a few weeks at Ally Pally. :senile:

Jack.

It was a epic train.....took 30mins of shunting to assemble.....but I missed a trick should of double headed with Jack's blue 08.....dam!......

(Mmmm I wonder what I'll be doing on Saturday afternoon alt BRM ally pally show??)....prob catching train home when mick catches me 'playing' incorrectly with his train set!.. 4pm Saturday departure of DL All line tour 

G

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Obviously, due to reasons way beyond a mere mortal's control, DL did not attend Ally Pally for 2020.

Although there is a rescheduled show in August, DL cannot be there.

But worry ye not those of southern climes - it has been booked for Ally Pally in March 2021.

Next planned show is NEC 2020.

See you there - Covid-19 permitting.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 4

34 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Obviously, due to reasons way beyond a mere mortal's control, DL did not attend Ally Pally for 2020.

But worry ye not those of southern climes - it has been booked for Ally Pally in March 2021.

Cheers,

Mick

Hi Mick,

Such a shame the show has been cancelled due to unfortunate circumstances - health first!

Really do look to hopefully seeing it at the NEC if not ally pally next year.

Any project on the go at the time of self isolation?

All the Very Best..

Ben

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 31/03/2020 at 23:51, newbryford said:

Cheers,

Mick

As most of you will now be aware, Warley NEC 2020 is now postponed/cancelled (don't get into that argument...)

So the next show *should* be the re-arranged Ally Pally in 2021 and also NEC/Warley in 2021.

There are others in the pipeline, but these also may go back as year as 2020 shows fall by the wayside and have consequent knock-ons.

I will endeavour to set up DL soon - if only to relieve some of the "cold turkey" of not operating it.

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 6