Deadmans Lane. Racing to York. Easter 2024

newbryford

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 10:58, bradfordbuffer said:

I do hope the exhibition road crew are praised for there help and commitment....or wigan show will be hard to set up on your own!

G

They (mostly) are...…………..

• Funny 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I've been informed today that there may be a very special visiting (non-yellow) loco making a guest appearance on DL this coming weekend...…...

Wheel cleaning continues...……...

• RMweb Premium
On ‎01‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 18:04, newbryford said:

I've been informed today that there may be a very special visiting (non-yellow) loco making a guest appearance on DL this coming weekend...…...

Wheel cleaning continues...……...

You do have a wheel cleaning ( & brew making !) expert on the team !!

cheers,

Phil.

PS

see you Saturday.

Edited by Phil Mc

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, bradfordbuffer said:

If the boss is wheel cleaning I can have the weekend off!....is visiting loco a class 100?

(2×50)?

No idea, but that would be good !!

With a slight bend to 'rule 1', if a RHTT set is available I could bring the Orange 20's, to replicate what has just gone past my house !

Cheers,

Phil.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Phil Mc said:

With a slight bend to 'rule 1', if a RHTT set is available I could bring the Orange 20's, to replicate what has just gone past my house !

There'll be a standby DRS 20 on the RTC too, 20303 (which IRL is currently at Crewe but will make the journey across to York at some point to relieve the orange pair). I’ve also got 37716 which is currently doing the Carlisle-based Tyne Valley route jets.

My guess is a 66.

Jack.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Phil Mc said:

No idea, but that would be good !!

Cheers,

Phil.

RHTT is to be given a final test today with TnT 66s...

There was an issue with a drooping coupling on the first run.

Kadees on your 20s and should be good to go.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 3

Hello

Very nice Mick, cracking modelling as usual. There may be a special new loco  arriving on Fenchurch St Peter on Saturday, look out for it. See you tomorrow.

Cheers

George

• RMweb Premium

Thanks from me to the lads helping out and Phil Mc for the loan of the "foreign" locos.

(They were replaced by the usual fare of 66s on day2)

Very pleased with the way the stock ran. Especially the HRA set. 

A few tweaks needed to some of the operational parts of the layout (like making sure the operators press the buttons properly.........)

Still lots of work to be done. Is a layout ever finished?

Backscene is one, but quite difficult to work out how to do it, as the real location is near impossible to photograph to make up rear scenes.

Signal controls - an idea by Jack374 is being looked at.

A larger storage yard - you can never have too much storage.

6 roads each way may go up to 10, to provide about 6 more trains, as it will allow more efficient use of "doubling up" for short trains, such as 2-car DMUs and better storage of shorter trains such as a 220 or 221 Voyager.

This is quite a big job as it means altering the routing panels for the storage areas - and a change in the way they can be used, but the benefits should outweigh the difficulties. The design/cost/timescale to implement will be seriously considered in the next few weeks.

Next outing is Hazel Grove on October 26/27, 2019.

• Like 7

19 hours ago, newbryford said:

Thanks from me to the lads helping out and Phil Mc for the loan of the "foreign" locos.

(They were replaced by the usual fare of 66s on day2)

Very pleased with the way the stock ran. Especially the HRA set. 

A few tweaks needed to some of the operational parts of the layout (like making sure the operators press the buttons properly.........)

Still lots of work to be done. Is a layout ever finished?

Backscene is one, but quite difficult to work out how to do it, as the real location is near impossible to photograph to make up rear scenes.

Signal controls - an idea by Jack374 is being looked at.

A larger storage yard - you can never have too much storage.

6 roads each way may go up to 10, to provide about 6 more trains, as it will allow more efficient use of "doubling up" for short trains, such as 2-car DMUs and better storage of shorter trains such as a 220 or 221 Voyager.

This is quite a big job as it means altering the routing panels for the storage areas - and a change in the way they can be used, but the benefits should outweigh the difficulties. The design/cost/timescale to implement will be seriously considered in the next few weeks.

Next outing is Hazel Grove on October 26/27, 2019.

Ouch .....press button correctly? Operator error? Where highly trained, under paid operator's! 

DL the only layout with push to make buttons that need to be pushed 3 times and given a twist on last push as well....trains still went down wrong fiddle road!.....ebay buttons 50 for £1.99 posted from far east!

To be fair if that's the only technical issue we will let mr DL off.

(Real reason for error... Prince Smirnoff)

(Night before!)

• Funny 3

• 3 weeks later...