Cwm Bach - A South Wales Branch Line

81A Oldoak

After several years of waiting, my Ixion Manning Wardle  now has a crew courtesy of Model U. Not big news and more of an excuse to show off PALMERSTON on Cwm Bach.

Do you really need an excuse to show off your excellent weathering Chris... :scratchhead: i think not... :good:

The ModelU crew set if off nicley now as well.

Cheer`s,

Brian.

• 1 month later...

Photos of the first test shots of the main components for the Minerva 8750 0-6-0PT are at post #125 on the link below. I'm very much looking forward to populating Cwm Bach with a brace or more.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/115316-minerva-gwr-pannier-tank-open-for-advanced-orders/page-5&do=findComment&comment=2642081

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A new portrait of 4250 taken on Cwm Bach today. She is built from the JLTRT kit.

Looking rather more unkempt here:

http://www.rail-online.co.uk/p235004979/h174AECFA#h174aecfa

However, my personal preference would be to keep her just as she looks now, and claim that she's recently been out-shopped from either Caerphilly or Barry.

• Like 1

Chris.

What a superb photo of a first class model in the perfect setting. FABULOUS!

Almost makes me feel I should go Great Western!!

Rod

Steady on Rod. It's certainly excellent modelling but we must stay loyal.

• 2 weeks later...

My grand-daughters Adelaid and Georgette visited today. Adelaide brought her personalised Ixion Hudswell Clarke locomotive and latest Peppa Pig toys. When we discovered that this was a visit by the Peppa Pig Rail Enthusiats' Club, we swiftly organised visits to Cwm Bach in the South Wales Valleys and Tonfanau Camp on the Cambrian Coast line. Here is a picture of the Pig Family at Cwm Bach. Daddy Pig, who is a bit of an expert on most things, says they are ScaleSeven pigs, but he didn't say anything rude about my Finescale standards. You can see another photo of their adventures on the Tonfanau Camp thread.

post-13142-0-34450300-1490975435_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

• 3 weeks later...

Cwm Bach received a visitor today in the form of the first engineering prototype of the Minerva 0 gauge RTR GWR 8750 0-6-0PT. More pictures can be seen at Post #130 here: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/115316-minerva-gwr-pannier-tank-open-for-advanced-orders/page-6&do=findComment&comment=2693459

Regards,

Chris

Very nice

I hope that someone will do a RTR GWR class 56xx tank as well

• RMweb Gold

The Panier looks very good Chris but I don't think that I can justify one up in Cumbria.

I can think of 2 ways:

* Locomotive exchange trials, or other unusual allocations - this happened for some large locos - surely, it must also have happened for shunters. (These days, something similar might be part and parcel of preservation.)

* Failing all else, there's always "Rule 1" operation - which probably isn't actually as far fetched as some people imagine.

After all, when Class 20, 37 and 58 diesel locos have been used in mainland Europe - and some German Köfs found their way to Eastleigh - a GWR loco "on tour" seems tame by comparison.

Saying that, whose railway are we talking about here?

Huw.

The Panier looks very good Chris but I don't think that I can justify one up in Cumbria.

Rod

Panniers fitted with spark arrestor chimneys made it all the way to Scotland!!!!

Cumbria is on the way Rod...................................... :sungum:

Jinty ;)

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Ex+GWR+Panniers+in+scotland&view=detail&mid=FFB3F0D7E72DF3DB27C7FFB3F0D7E72DF3DB27C7&FORM=VIRE

Edited to add link!

Edited by Jintyman
  • Like 2

Splendid fun.

Panniers seem to have served just about everywhere in these islands. Cornwall to Kent to Northern Scotland, to North & West Wales.

Is there anywhere they didn't get to? Snaefell?

Best

Simon