Cwm Bach - A South Wales Branch Line

81A Oldoak

6 minutes ago, 81A Oldoak said:

Cwm Bach was recently visited by ERNEST passing through on  the way to a new owner. 

Minerva_MW_Blue_weathered_AM-2.jpg

Minerva_MW_Blue_weathered_AM-3.jpg

Fantastic stuff Chris. Your skill at weathering locos really is superb; so realistic without being over the top. That blue livery is lovely on the MWs, I hope that sales are going well for Minerva - there seem to be a lot of very happy and satisfied customers in these here parts. 

• Agree 1

Just now, south_tyne said:

Fantastic stuff Chris. Your skill at weathering locos really is superb; so realistic without being over the top. That blue livery is lovely on the MWs, I hope that sales are going well for Minerva - there seem to be a lot of very happy and satisfied customers in these here parts. 

Thank you. I was a little apprehensive about doing this to the beautiful blue livery, but I and, more importantly, the customer are very pleased. 

Sales are going well and we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of the seaborne shipment at Southampton next week as most of the air-freighted Manning Wardles have been sold.  

Regards,

Chris 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 minutes ago, 81A Oldoak said:

Thank you. I was a little apprehensive about doing this to the beautiful blue livery, but I and, more importantly, the customer are very pleased. 

Sales are going well and we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of the seaborne shipment at Southampton next week as most of the air-freighted Manning Wardles have been sold.  

Regards,

Chris 

It's first class Chris, highly impressive. I hope you don't mind me asking, and apologies if this is not the right place, but do you offer the weathering/custom finishing service as a regular thing or is it only a one-off? 

Really pleased that sales are going well and hope that boat turns up soon! They are lovely little locos and you should be really chuffed at how they have turned out. 

2 minutes ago, south_tyne said:

It's first class Chris, highly impressive. I hope you don't mind me asking, and apologies if this is not the right place, but do you offer the weathering/custom finishing service as a regular thing or is it only a one-off? 

Really pleased that sales are going well and hope that boat turns up soon! They are lovely little locos and you should be really chuffed at how they have turned out. 

I do offer a customising service, but it's case of joining the queue as I fit in jobs between everything else. Send me a PM if you want to discuss further.

Chris

• Thanks 1

Hello Chris, just to be clear when you say …. it's in tooling and you hope to have it later in the year, is that the tooling or the RTR wagon itself ready later in the year? 

If it's the latter I'll be ordering myself a couple as an early Christmas treat.  Will they be just in one style or will there be variant options even weathering?

Best

Edited by Barnaby

Thanks Hal I hadn't noticed any forum details and even worse I've not yet been to look at their Home page which I will do now.

In my  defence I am a little bit mystified by this new forum it doesn't run as smoothly as the old one did.

Regards

Edited by Barnaby
  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, Deano747 said:

Fantastic weathering, Chris! I think you and Jinty are in competition?!

Keep up the excellent work.

Regards, Deano.

Not really. So far, my weathering commissions have been for Minerva locos and wagons. I recently bought a pair of Accurascale 0 gauge hoppers that Jinty advertised on Facebook and was so pleased with them that I immediately ordered another two from him. Basically, the extra cash I earn from weathering is recycled into purchases from other craftsmen and -women. 

Regards,

Chris

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 29/04/2019 at 15:39, 81A Oldoak said:

Here is my latest Minerva Manning Wardle K. It is fitted with DCC Sound and is for personal use. I wanted a cleaned effect on this specimen so I polished the red parts with T-Cut and cotton-buds. I then applied black paint with a brush that was immediately removed with cotton buds to leave deposits of dirt around the rivets, joints etc. She awaits a pair of the new ModelU Edwardian loco crew figures, which are with Claudia Everett for painting. I'll post more photos when they sign-on for duty. If you want to see the rest of the suite of photos go to Facebook, Western Thunder or the G0G Forum. 

Chris K

MW_Red_LADYSMITH_01.jpg

MW_Red_LADYSMITH_04.jpg

Chris,

Lovely work which enhances an already highly desirable model.

Can't wait for the video.

Best regards,

Paul

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Nick Morgan said:

Hi, this maybe worth a look - someone has recreated Abergwynfi in the snow via a SIM..

Cheers, Nick

Nick,

That's actually rather good and the only howler was the train of empties being signalled into Abergwynfi station platform rather than Avon Colliery. Thanks for posting.

CK

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...