Cwm Bach - A South Wales Branch Line

81A Oldoak

Excellent weathering there, Chris. I particularly like the way the muck has been wiped off around the cab entrance.

Thank you. It is simply a matter of observation, which is why I always have prototype photographs in front of me when I am painting and weathering.

I totally agree Re: the Guild exchanges lately, very tiresome. A locked room and dynamite spring to mind as a cure!!!!

I also agree with Ruston's comments, excellent weathering, well observed and some lovely touches. Just the hanging hosepipe out of the LH doorway now to finish her off ;)

Jinty ;)

Yes, a hose is something I must install on one of my panniers. I now have three weathered Minerva (can't say that on the GOG Forum) panniers in the fleet: 8750, 7788 and 6724. I'm thinking about doing 7754 in NCB livery as at Talywain colliery, but that's a winter project. 

Regards,

CK 

• Like 5

Chris - love that weathered Pannier, what a cracking bit of work. Minerva should offer them for sale in such condition! ;)

On the GOG matters - it's tiresome issues such as that which really put me off....

Lovely weathering work Chris and the small tank you have made up from bits and pieces is fantastic.

Best

I too have decided to give the Guild forum a break because I am in agreement with the reasons others have given here.

I will however be at the Telford show as I need some Minerva wagons amongst other bits.

• Like 1

Lovely weathering work Chris and the small tank you have made up from bits and pieces is fantastic.

Best

I too have decided to give the Guild forum a break because I am in agreement with the reasons others have given here.

I will however be at the Telford show as I need some Minerva wagons amongst other bits.

See you there. Do you know what you want so we can set them aside? Send a PM. 

CK

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

In the workshop early today to progress the weathering of 6724, a Minerva riveted 57XX 0-6-0PT. In the background is Neil Parkhouse's excellent book "The Forest of Dean Railways and the Severn Railway Bridge" published by Lightmoor Press. It contains many pictures of 57XX/8750, 64XX and 16XX panniers in various states of filthiness in 1960s. I always use prototype photos when I am building and finishing models: paint what you see, not what you think you know. Now, I must prepare for a conference call with a client to discuss the applicability of corporate bond default rates as a proxy for reinsurance counterparty credit risk in risk-based capital models.

Regards,

CK

I was quite surprised to see when driving 9681 on the FOD the poorly modelled details there were gaps visible under the dome and the safety valve covers and dents in the piping on the tank top.

Don

Well, Chris, I’m sorry.

3h51m55s to get home from work, pat the cat, kiss the wife (get them the right way round) and read the posts... and 5s to bite and respond!

Best

Simon

Dedication, Not even time to go to the Loo. :no: .

... In the background is Neil Parkhouse's excellent book "The Forest of Dean Railways and the Severn Railway Bridge" published by Lightmoor Press. It contains many pictures of 57XX/8750, 64XX and 16XX panniers in various states of filthiness in 1960s.

Dear Chris,

I received my copy of Neil Parkhouse's book "The Forest of Dean Railways and the Severn Railway Bridge" yesterday. As you wrote, it's an excellent book with lots of magnificent colour pictures. Again this was a very useful recommendation of yours. I have to say - all of your book recommendations are so great, I bought nearly every recommended one! :imsohappy:

On top of that (because I'm just writing :yes:) I read your whole CWM Bach and Tonfanau Camp threads with great interest and would like to thank you for awesome photographs and terrific craftmanship from which I draw lots of suggestions for my emerging Welsh themed (what else?) layout...

Edited by suomen
  • Like 2

Dear Chris,

I received my copy of Neil Parkhouse's book "The Forest of Dean Railways and the Severn Railway Bridge" yesterday. As you wrote, it's an excellent book with lots of magnificent colour pictures. Again this was a very useful recommendation of yours. I have to say - all of your book recommendations are so great, I bought nearly every recommended one! :imsohappy:

On top of that (because I'm just writing :yes:) I read your whole CWM Bach and Tonfanau Camp threads with great interest and would like to thank you for awesome photographs and terrific craftmanship from which I draw lots of suggestions for my emerging Welsh themed (what else?) layout...

Cheers Frankwww.FrankNeubauer.de

Thank you for the kind remarks Frank. Observation of the real thing is the key to realism and, for me, faded colours.

Chris

• Like 2

Beautiful little loco Chris. What sort of retail price do you expect this to be?

Mike

Mike,

The price for a DC/DCC Ready version is £255 + £9 carriage all inclusive of VAT. DCC Sound fitted will be approximately £130 more. We publish a firm price when we have finalised the ZIMO equipment that will be used. We are offering a £25 discount on all orders reveived before the end of business 30th September 2018. Details are here: https://www.minervamodelrailways.co.uk/how-to-order/ We will be on Stand 95 at Guildex next week where you can inspect the prototype model.

Regards,

Chris

• Like 3

Mike,

The price for a DC/DCC Ready version is £255 + £9 carriage all inclusive of VAT. DCC Sound fitted will be approximately £130 more. We publish a firm price when we have finalised the ZIMO equipment that will be used. We are offering a £25 discount on all orders reveived before the end of business 30th September 2018. Details are here: https://www.minervamodelrailways.co.uk/how-to-order/ We will be on Stand 95 at Guildex next week where you can inspect the prototype model.

Regards,

Chris

Thanks for the information Chris. It's a toss up between this and a 5750. Have to see how the pennies can be gathered before the end of September, as I've just spent a lot on baseboards, track and such like for my new inner city warehouse shunting layout. Unfortunately I can't get to Telford, A bit of a trek from Cornwall.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for the information Chris. It's a toss up between this and a 5750. Have to see how the pennies can be gathered before the end of September, as I've just spent a lot on baseboards, track and such like for my new inner city warehouse shunting layout. Unfortunately I can't get to Telford, A bit of a trek from Cornwall.

Cheers,

Mike

Mike,

We will not take payment for the Manning Wardle until the production models have arrived in the UK, which will be around the end of the year. You can secure a model at the discounted price by sending  us the order form before 30th September 2018. There is also no obligation to buy the model should you change your mind. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Chris K

• Like 1