WR Headcode stencil frames

Happy new year good people of rmweb!

I am in the process of converting a couple of 'OO' Bachmann Warships to the original style front ends without headcode boxes. I have replacement white metal panels with the 'louvres' but not the headcode stencil brackets. I imagine they are very similar if not the same as fitted to the smokebox doors of Castles and Kings?  Does anyone know if these are available anywhere or will I have to try and fabricate them?

As always, any help is much appreciated!

Fox do the triple reporting panels and I think frizinghall model railways do as well.

Can you post up some pictures of the replacement white metal parts. I want to the same conversion when Heljan bring out the 7mm version.

Thanks for that. I hadn't intended to display any headcode numbers on the front, just fit the stencil holders 'empty' so to speak. I believe the white metal panels were from A1 which I've had for years and decided to put them to use. The locos  are 'in works' at the moment and as I've never posted a photo before I will attempt to do so when they are in a more finished state!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived