This forum area will be available for the first couple of weeks for members to make test posts to explore functionality.

mobile phone testing

cahill

this is just a test to see how long it takes to sign in and post , reply to a thread , to sign in its taken about 5 mins which is less than the old site. im typing this on my phone now. the forum loads up much faster.

whoops, phone kept saying connection failed when trying to add reply when actually it was posting so endwd up with 4 of same reply. good chance to test delete and edit post. works fine except that thanks/redirect page wont load up so you have to press back but it still does what you want it to... next uploading pics. impossible on old site

Yes, it does seem to be a bit quicker on mine as well. Whether that means anything or not, I'm not so sure, as it seems to be a bit quicker that the old RMweb on the desktop as well. Remember that mobile data rates can vary enormously during the day, even from the same location.

What phone/browser/network are you using? I'm using an HTC Magic/Android built-in browser/Vodafone.

Nick

Loading the site on my iPhone 3G only takes around 10-15 seconds when I'm connected to the 3G network. If I don't have a 3G connection it takes around 30 seconds probably. The old site was slightly slower than those speeds.

Cheers

Martin

Same for me with my 3GS, it's super fast on the wifi network at home!

Archived