Biggleswade EBMRS

chris p bacon

• RMweb Gold

On the 8th of february is our 2014 show. As usual I will be "muscle" on the door and look forward to seeing lots of your faces coming in.

Details are on the website  http://www.ebmrs.org.uk/show.htm as well as other club info, we are a friendly bunch with the added bonus of meeting above a bar.

Here is a run down of details. 

Date - 8th February 2014

Adults £5

Child £3

Senior £4

Family 2+2 £13

Layouts

Fryupdale (EM) North eastern Branch in LNER days

Oldshaw (EM) Imaginery West country in late 1970s early 80s

Whatlington (3mm) Small country staion in the Rother district of east Sussex

Gallowgate (7mm) small urban station in the Gallowgate area of Glasgow

Drewry Lane (00) small yard set in the South west in the 60s

Hartburn (EM) village location set in Northumberland in 1962/3 before closure.

Torcy (SNCF HO DCC) Branch line in Dept of Seine Maritime in Upper Normandy in 2005-8

Georgemas Junction (00) Most northerly junction in the British Isles, set between 1997-2004

Roestok (009) 2' gauge branch line terminal in the British Empire of Southern Africa.

Bedford Road (7mm) A Finescale diesel maintenance depot in the East Midlands in the 1980s

34th Street (HO)

Light refreshments are available all day

Disabled: All Layouts in the Main Hall and Trade Stands accessible to wheelchairs.
No access to those layouts on the stage.

Parking: Ample parking on site for cars

On Foot: 15 minutes from Biggleswade Railway Station

Stratton Upper School
Eagle Farm Road
Biggleswade
SG18 8JB

• RMweb Gold

Ok Post no 2 as I missed some layouts off and it's too late to edit ....Duh !!

Santa Barbara (N-DCC) Wonderful Pacific coast location in California USA

Weslo Steels (EM)  Small steel terminal somewhere in West London in mid 1970’s

Whiteleaf Light Railway (G) Part of a larger layout to demonstrate typical G scale garden railways

Cheriton Bishop (OO)  A fictitious location in Devon in steam/diesel days from EBMRS club (How did I forget this !)

Tan-y-Bwlch (OO9) A portrayal of this Ffestiniog Railway location in the early 1900’s

Dock Green Loco (7mm) A Fictional 'minimum-space-layout' of a Docklands area Industrial Locomotive Depot

A Thank you to Roundhouse for alerting me.

A list of traders along with google maps etc can be found on the website.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

After our first outing for Towcester at Stafford last weekend we shall be ready to delight you all will Georgemas Jct next weekend..

Cheers

George

• RMweb Gold

I've bumped this as it is set up for us today in readiness for tommorrow.  For anyone going to Doncaster put it off to Sunday as on a saturday you are likely to see Andy Y eating a pie when you enter, at least on Sunday he'll have a pint**

So Biggleswade in the morning and Donnie on Sunday, that's your weekend sorted for you. :thankyou:

** I speak from personal experience.......

This is in danger of becoming a finescale show!  3 excellent EM layouts [3 more than at the forthcoming Ally Pally, it would seem], Tan y Bwlch and the small but perfectly formed Weslo Steels kept me well occupied in between bouts of gossiping and raiding the second hand stall.   Tea was a very sensible 60p a cardboard cup and a cheese roll for £2 filled a hole [don't try it at Dawlish though, CK].

Especially welcome, and humane, was the decision to admit the queue 15 minutes early as the sunny day made way first for threatening grey skies and then a short sharp shower.  Thank you, chris p bacon and colleagues.

Chris

• RMweb Gold

Thanks to all who attended and we hope you enjoyed yourself.

Good to put another face to a name with Roundhouse and the excellent Santa Barbara.

We are back next year on the 14th February.

It was good to have a chat.

Despite the bad weather its nice to see the shwo well attended. Many superb layouts that I wisj=h I had more tiem to have seen myself.

We thoroughly enjoyed the show and a great idea to have a tea trolley turn up just as we arrived to set up. Nice touch.

It was also good how you managed to hold off the rain as we loaded the vehicles at the ned of the day!!

Ian

Hello

Thanks to every-one at East Beds Club for a really good show as usual. John and I enjoyed ourselves very much. After it's less than scintillating performance at the NEC Georgemas Junction was back to normal and performed faultlessly. Thanks also to all out fellow exhibitors and traders for  being such a friendly crowd. We hope to back at sometime in the future. 

Cheers

George

Hi,

Can I second George's comments, it's a show well worth a visit. Tim and I had a thoroughly good day with Drewry and nice to meet some new people. It's a show we'd be happy to go back to as well and if I was a tad closer it would be on my calendar simply for a visit.

Well done Dick and his team.

Stu

Evening all

Always a good show (I would say that as a former/distant member of EBMRS). Had a great session operating Cheriton Bishop (almost forgotten how to operate it after a 5 year absence!).

Good to see Oldshaw back on show too (cheers Maggie and Alan).

Well done all.

Alex

Archived