Marlow Maidenhead & District MRC Annual Exhibition 04/01/14

Xerces Fobe2

• RMweb Gold

Try and be the first there Mike as we should have an interesting guest, all being well :locomotive:  

Nigel

Alas we won't make it in time for the grand opening Nigel - unless I get the domestic duties sorted vpdq.  Just make sure you don't hit anybody or give them ideas about a  'bus service to serve Marlow ;)

Good show and plenty of nice layouts. Well done MMDMRC!

Picked up a flyer for the "Time Machine" model shop on Westborough Road so went there afterwards. It didn't look too promising from the outside - faded stock in the window display - but turned out to be quite a decent shop once inside. Not many trains as such (the owner says he can't compete with Hattons etc), but plenty of road vehicles and accessories (stuff where the postage from Hattons would be nearly as much as the purchase price!).

Made a note of for future reference but as I only go to Maidenhead once a year it's likely to be a while before I call in again!

As one of the MM&DMRC committee I feel that it did go very well. Our ExMan did a splendid job and our visitors seemed to like the result, al least judging by the comments that I got. It's not a big show, but we had a good variety of excellent layouts and traders.

Numbers were a bit down, but considering the torrential downpour that went on for much of the day, I am not surprised that people didn't venture out. The driving conditions were absolutely disgusting and we were very grateful that all our exhibitors, and indeed our visitors, made it through.

Planning for next years show (3rd Jan 2015) is well under way with some good prospects in view.

John

• RMweb Gold

Great little show as usual - it really is worth going to (especially if you're in the area) as it's a pleasant venue and a nice bunch of people with, always, a good variety of layouts and some useful traders.  This year was no exception and the parking was much easier, thank you, although the weather might well have contributed to that by reducing the number of attendees?

Agreed,

Great little show, good to shake off the new year cobwebs and only a mile or so from home.

Managed to pick up some 2nd hand books from the RCTS stand, and some great bargain n gauge stock from the members stand.

The bloke behind the stand reminded me of my old school teacher!

The Cromwell Road layout looked great, those Heljan Westerns were shown off to great effect.

I only planned to stay one hour but ended up staying for two.

Good luck for next year.

MG

Archived