The Elusive D5021 BSYP

• RMweb Gold

Does anyone have a piccy of D5021 in BSYP livery showing the front end. I've only been able to find a piccy of it carrying BFYE with the totem crest.

Thanks in advance.

BD

I must admit whilst there are three shots of this locomotive in Looking back at Class 24 & Class 25 Locomotives but they show it as 5021 and 24021 in blue with a full yellow end, however D5218 makes an appearance in BSYP, as do a large number of other strange livery variations found whilst trawling through thousands of photographs.

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

...the livery of 5056 appears to be blue with small yellow panel in this picture too

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98636950@N04/10817992336/

Dave

The loco is in green with the bottom stripe painted out I am sure thats all. Several were thus treated in the late 1960s some had their emblems painted out and ran without any emblems at all,

Hope this helps, if not Looking back at Class 24 & Class 25 Locomotives back from the printers shortly.

Kevin

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

A photo of the other BSYP class 24, D5026, has now come to light via Facebook and D1047 of this parish. Unfortunately I'm unsure of copyright so can't post here. It is in the same style as Class 27, D5389, which can be seen in this link. https://flic.kr/p/axrkov. The yellow panel comes up as far as the top of the flat part of the cab front, and there is an electrification flash on the RH door, just below the top of the yellow panel. There is one electrification flash on the bodyside, between the top and middle steps up to the water filler. As it is only one photo I have seen, I can only describe the one side and end, but I see no reason why the other en d & side are not the same. Philip Sutton hinted at the livery in his latest SLW offerings.

That's the two BSYP Class 24's now sorted for photos. Now it's find a photo of a green TOPS 31 and D4 BSYP, if they existed?

Paul J.