Class 143 First Great Western

charliepetty

• 4 weeks later...

We have a 'Promise' of Class 143 First Great Western samples for the NEC in two weeks, I think that's what I translated from the e.mail.  They might have meant the 2015 NEC show though!

OLD CHINESE PROVERB:  A promise is a goodwill gesture, not a definition of certainty.

I await our fate in anticipation, got the excuses ready 'JUST IN CASE'

Written from our Lusty Glaze HQ. Charlie

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Mid April.   Please bear in mind when they arrive we have to de-box and test every one, this takes time. If possible we might fly around 60 in for Ali Pali (BRM London) in mid March.

As they have not left China yet and more test samples are awaited, we will see.  Photographs should be on the Website around 28th December even though reviews in the magazines should be popping up shortly, please bear with us as we aim to please, we are a very small team being currently overwhelmed by orders.

The planned launch is at the Bristol Show late May Day Bank Holiday

post-3411-0-00878600-1417782188.jpg

• Like 2

Mid April.   Please bear in mind when they arrive we have to de-box and test every one, this takes time. If possible we might fly around 60 in for Ali Pali (BRM London) in mid March.

As they have not left China yet and more test samples are awaited, we will see.  Photographs should be on the Website around 28th December even though reviews in the magazines should be popping up shortly, please bear with us as we aim to please, we are a very small team being currently overwhelmed by orders.

The planned launch is at the Bristol Show late May Day Bank Holiday

Hi

Thanks for this, that is no problem. Just thought the expected delivery date was getting a bit close and no news had been heard! Thanks for clearing that up anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Charlie,

Just seen the review of the 143 in ModelRail and the FGW one shown has to be the best livery reproduced on a model to date with all the names printed on the bodyside. It will be well worth waiting for this model.

Mark

I agree, it looks fantastic and I have ordered one.

I think that this sort of quality also gives the lie to oft repeated sentiment that the recent price rises from Hornby and Bachmann are unavoidable and that we shouldn't complain about them. These units are made in smaller numbers than the big 2 will order yet the price is extremely reasonable for the quality on offer. I am sure that Charlie is still making a profit on these (at least I hope he is!) which leads to the inevitable question as to why the big 2 felt the need for the recent large increases.

Compare the VFM of Bachmann's recent pipe wagon and the 143/144 and there can only be one winner.

ROB

Mine on order. Now to decide on which driver to model for the cab and should I do myself as guard? Or perhaps one of my colleagues. And maybe a couple of our regular passengers. Must look through my figures box.

I agree, it looks fantastic and I have ordered one.

I think that this sort of quality also gives the lie to oft repeated sentiment that the recent price rises from Hornby and Bachmann are unavoidable and that we shouldn't complain about them. These units are made in smaller numbers than the big 2 will order yet the price is extremely reasonable for the quality on offer. I am sure that Charlie is still making a profit on these (at least I hope he is!) which leads to the inevitable question as to why the big 2 felt the need for the recent large increases.

Compare the VFM of Bachmann's recent pipe wagon and the 143/144 and there can only be one winner.

ROB

Especially noticeable is the price differences across all 3 FGW DMUs coming out next year - £90 For the Plain Blue Single Car 153329 from Hornby, The incredibly reasonable and beautifully produced 143619 from Realtrack at £120 For a brand new superbly detailed 2 Car DMU, And the ever increasing in RRP Revised 2 Car Class 150128 from Bachmann - Again in the much simpler Plain Blue at an almost eye watering £149.95. I know it's a revised model, but as Model Rail states the 143 going through over 20 Tampo Printing stages for a brand new model, up against a plain blue 150 then Hands Down the 143 wins it for me. And coincidentally leads my 2015 orders list.

Just to let you know Charlie pulled out all the stops and

I now have a class 144 DCC working my Grandson was hoping Santa might have one

I am waiting to see his eyes light up when he gets his present under the tree

Thanks Charlie have a good Xmas

David Wexford