Class 143 First Great Western

charliepetty

I finally had some time to open up my 143 and discovered that the decoder's 8 pin plug was not fully seated. The plug must have been raised enough that it was shorting against the metal seat base and providing continuous power to the motor. I re-seated it fully and now everything works as it should. So decoder wasn't faulty I'm pleased to say.

You need some tape between the Metal and the decoder top.    Charlie

post-3411-0-76810600-1509748054_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

GWR 143s are confirmed to be staying until December 2019. So that is a year and a half to get some new liveries on the 143. I’d certainly have a GWR one as the last hoarah to one of Britain’s most successful (for its design) multiple units.

• Like 1

GWR 143s are confirmed to be staying until December 2019. So that is a year and a half to get some new liveries on the 143. I’d certainly have a GWR one as the last hoarah to one of Britain’s most successful (for its design) multiple units.

Not going to happen, the 142 is next.   Charlie

• Like 1

Well that stopped that rumour!  :O

We can only spend £130K once, the current 156 is next with the profit from that covering the 142. After the 142 we have another 156 then a 144/143.  

Plus we have some stuff we are not telling you about!!!!!!!!!!!    Charlie

• Like 4

We can only spend £130K once, the current 156 is next with the profit from that covering the 142. After the 142 we have another 156 then a 144/143.

Plus we have some stuff we are not telling you about!!!!!!!!!!! Charlie

Very intriguing! As well as this/these mystery new project(s), (hoping for a 141 rail bus!), the 144 mention has me hoping for an early representation of the unit in WYPTE Red and Cream. The 142 should be able to provide the correct interior, (3+2 bus seats). Edited by 66738

Intriguing!

I would also be in the market for a green 143 (or two) when the time is right.

I would also buy a GWR Green version and hopefully a Dynamic Lines Class 143 if Realtrack decide to do another unit with this livery.

Samuel.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

LONG DELAYS !!!

Sorry but as we are 'VERY' busy at the moment with 156 stuff we have a big delay on Warranty & Repairs on stuff.

Very sorry but there is only one of me.     Charlie

Edited by charliepetty
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 1 year later...
On 11/08/2018 at 21:14, sc2016 said:

I would also buy a GWR Green version and hopefully a Dynamic Lines Class 143 if Realtrack decide to do another unit with this livery.

Samuel.

We have delayed this due to the 'Current Uncertainties'  Sorry Charlie

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, charliepetty said:

We have delayed this due to the 'Current Uncertainties'  Sorry Charlie

Hi Charlie, 

So a second batch of 143s is now on hold for the foreseeable future then, but in the long term is it still going ahead with the numbers and liveries announced a few weeks ago?

Thank you in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

1 hour ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Hi Charlie, 

So a second batch of 143s is now on hold for the foreseeable future then, but in the long term is it still going ahead with the numbers and liveries announced a few weeks ago?

Thank you in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

YES.   But we need the dust to settle before taking this forward, unless you have 150K to spare.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, charliepetty said:

YES.   But we need the dust to settle before taking this forward, unless you have 150K to spare.

Thanks for the reply and the information Charlie. 

It's a shame, but totally understandable. I really wish I did haha, I would gladly help you if I could. 

Just seen the 142 thread, so I'm looking forward to your next announcement on their. 

Stay safe and we will all look forward to further updates in due course. 

Thank you. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

11 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Thanks for the reply and the information Charlie. 

It's a shame, but totally understandable. I really wish I did haha, I would gladly help you if I could. 

Just seen the 142 thread, so I'm looking forward to your next announcement on their. 

Stay safe and we will all look forward to further updates in due course. 

Thank you. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Thank you.

To explain, we normallt forcast (Guess) what income will come in and if it looks like it will cover the projects then there is not an issue, currently can 'Anyone' forcast what might happen !!!!!

We all know the answer to that, feel sorry for companies that 'Are' committed already to products on there way, as we are seeing now 45% discounts off of products to 'Clear' manufactures stocks at cost to get cash in.   Sadly there will be far more of this if things do not improve.

Charlie

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, charliepetty said:

Thank you.

To explain, we normallt forcast (Guess) what income will come in and if it looks like it will cover the projects then there is not an issue, currently can 'Anyone' forcast what might happen !!!!!

We all know the answer to that, feel sorry for companies that 'Are' committed already to products on there way, as we are seeing now 45% discounts off of products to 'Clear' manufactures stocks at cost to get cash in.   Sadly there will be far more of this if things do not improve.

Charlie

I see what you mean. In normal circumstances as you say you could confidently forecast income, but because so much is up in the air at the moment, anyone right now would struggle to do that and be accurate in doing so. 

It is unfortunate for the companies that have committed to products because this will have a knock on effect immediately for them, by having to reduce some existing stocks to clear. I suppose for you, postponing the next batch of 143s is not ideal, but hopefully in the coming weeks and months things will pick up and then you can relaunch the project at a later stage, when you are able to. Plus, as only you hold the tooling for the 143s, the same level of demand will still be their when you do relaunch the project, because customers will not have bought the same product from another manufacturer. On a more positive note, at least the 142 project is going ahead. I'm really looking forward to some Northern models. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• 9 months later...