Class 143 First Great Western

charliepetty

• RMweb Gold

You only enter contract of sale if they take the money in advance. Unless the pre order price had a guarantee on it, and then in the small print it will say within reason (much like internet unlimited fair use text), I'm afraid that is perfectly normal which shops do as well to protect themselves from unknown price increases. It's not allowed to just charge the extra amount hence Realtrack having to cancel pre orders and start again.

I'm sure Charlie would only do it if there was no other option as he's always been keen to not annoy customers.

If you check the original pre order terms and conditions you should find the disclaimer. If I order something I always download the T&Cs if there's a price guarantee.

Just checked and there's no price guarantee on their T&Cs but it doesn't have a disclaimer. As a shop you can refuse to sell, (cancel pre orders) , and then by re-offering they aren't raising the price on an existing order as you have to make a new order, hence you enter into a new agreement. What would be illegal is emailing you to say we are going to raise the price on the existing order, I know it seems like a technicality but that's how the trading law is written. ( my knowledge is 15yrs old but not aware of it changing in that part).

Edited by PaulRhB

• RMweb Premium

I have just been and found the confirmation email from when I placed to order, it does not have a link to terms and conditions on it also the Realtrack site terms and conditions page does not make any mention anything like that.

Also as stated in my previous post the similar situation with the 144s was honoured so why not the 143?

Dale

• 1 month later...

Had a lovely surprise today when my FGW 143 was waiting at home having arrived in the post - it is absolutely brilliant and I would definitely recommend it to those who are wavering slightly - thank you all from Realtrack. 

• Like 2

The First Great Western models despatched are the last of the initial pre-production samples, we have 29 available at Ali Pali this weekend, that's it!!!!!    Next week 900 arrive, so with testing, checking, lots of beer & peanuts, we hope to start despatching direct customer orders during late April.

Sorry for any delays.    Charlie

Role on our next Class ***, to be announced in November at the NEC.

Yes: Its a DMU,  Its got wheels, seating, lighting.   Runs around the UK, has more than 5 liveries, is nice!  I touched one in January while scanning it!  Most 'modern' modellers will want one.

Rubbish clues I know, but its a competitive world out there!  When we get samples, we will show you them.    Charlie

• Like 2

Charlie and Arran,

Utterly stunning FGW 143! After picking up from Ally Pally over the weekend, I have done nothing but stare at it since, utterly fantastic and well worth the wait. (And when thinking about it, an utter bargain for the level of detail, the paint job alone should be worth the money)

Sorry poor pic, but I am sure readers cannot wait to see!

post-22366-0-44229000-1427661693_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Managed to find this from the original 144/143 thread started by Andy Y

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/16446-realtrack-models-announce-class-143-and-class-144/page-18

attachicon.gifrealtrack 3.jpg

Dale

Well I have bought it at £120 plus postage as though I orginally pre-ordered at £110. I want to fully support Realtracks and am happy with the price increase to support a small business and a very nice looking model.

Bachmann's Class 150/1 in plain FGW blue set me back £127 plus postage and it is one colour, shows how good RT 143 is :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Picked one of these units up at Ally Pally. Superb model and paint finish. We had it running briefly on Star Lane at Ally Pally.

Over the weekend I obtained a plug in board type 8 pin decoder so despite the caution on the instruction I decided that I would do the decoder installation myself.

Got the unit apart easily enough but trying to get those springs back in place after 3 pints last night, I decided to leave it till early this morning.

Its now all back together deciding to put the chassis and interior together then with the chassis up side down inserting the springs before putting the axle compenstion back into the slots etc.

Not sure if this is the correct procedure but it appears to be the easiest that I have found so far.

Next is to populate the interior. I might have to get quite a few figures to represent a full and standing service!!!

The livery design work has started this week, comments and suggestions welcomed.

Yeoford International.... Drop off for the airport ! Tarka Line rules ! :)

TOP TIP:    After taking seating casting off, use a spot of PVA Adhesive to secure springs on the chassis.  Just a blob on the desk and dip the spring in it and re secure to bogie tower.  Saves loosing them!!!

Edited by charliepetty

• RMweb Gold

Thanks.

Luckily I didn't loose any springs but it did take a while to realise that the screws in the seating block held the axle units in place.
Superb design that I haven't seen anything like before.
(Still need to put a decoder in the Northern livery one)

Edited by roundhouse

Mine arrived this morning, and I'm very impressed. The detail is simply amazing. I'm very impressed with the place names on the side as you can see from the photos below the text is very clear. I have had a few derailments when running with the dummy car leading but I think its down to the condition of my test track.

17233728421_c9a707396e.jpgIMG_5013 by Kris67016

16614103953_d940c2860e.jpgIMG_5014 by Kris67016

17232605852_a25dd1dede.jpgIMG_5023 by Kris67016, on Flickr

17046779640_1450e4c32e.jpgIMG_5024 by Kris67016, on Flickr

17026886847_230fc6cce2.jpgIMG_5019 by Kris67016, on Flickr

https://youtu.be/meYH66xy15Y

Edited by kris016
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Good news is that the 143 passes the scissors crossing test.

Well worth the wait, Congratulations to Charlie and all the Realtrack team for an outstanding model.

Dale

• Like 1

Good news is that the 143 passes the scissors crossing test.

Well worth the wait, Congratulations to Charlie and all the Realtrack team for an outstanding model.

Dale

No it doesn't, there's no excessive wheel squeal ;-)

Mine arrived too at the weekend, a very big thanks to Charlie and Aaron for such a fine model! It really does look the part and looks fantastic coupled up to my 150/153 combinations.

Mine arrived this morning, and I'm very impressed. The detail is simply amazing. I'm very impressed with the place names on the side as you can see from the photos below the text is very clear. I have had a few derailments when running with the dummy car leading but I think its down to the condition of my test track.

17233728421_c9a707396e.jpgIMG_5013 by Kris67016

16614103953_d940c2860e.jpgIMG_5014 by Kris67016

17232605852_a25dd1dede.jpgIMG_5023 by Kris67016, on Flickr

17046779640_1450e4c32e.jpgIMG_5024 by Kris67016, on Flickr

17026886847_230fc6cce2.jpgIMG_5019 by Kris67016, on Flickr

If they went as fast as the one in your vid link on the Tarka Line we'd all be wearing seat belts and an oxygen mask ! LOL

Has anyone received the same email from Charlie as I did yesterday regarding my class 143 pre order?

It says that due to a security software update carried out by Sagepay older pre orders can no longer be processed and anyone who still wants a 143 is directed to the Realtrack site to re - place their order.

However, the price has now increased from £110 to £120 per unit. I questioned Charlie about this and his response was that the production costs had gone up and to order at the new price if you still want one.

Can someone in the know say whether or not Realtrack are legally obliged to honour the original amount of any order's which are affected like mine.

I believe that the same was true with the 144s when they where subject to a price increase from £100 to £110, those who pre ordered at £100 paid £100.

Dale

This is interesting as I ordered one using SagePay back in November last year and the price was £120 then, so that must have been after the increase. This price was also on the SagePay confirmation. I never received an email about re-ordering, although I emailed Charlie to ask about a different delivery address on 9 February this year.  I never had a reply to this email either and I know they would have been very busy at that time, so possibly this explains why I never received a model. I did keep an eye on my spam folder in case any emails from Charlie went there. I was wondering about the release date last weekend, as I know these tend to slip, and I noticed that Kernow had them in stock so I guess my order just got overlooked - it's easy for things to slip through the net when you've got loads of work on, or maybe there was a loss of communication somewhere. It looks to be a very fine model anyway.

Keith