Class 143 First Great Western

charliepetty

Sorry to get you out of bed this morning Charlie, I think we're sorted now. I hope my card has worked OK this time. As long as you've taken payment, it doesn't matter how long the model takes to arrive. It certainly is some going if you've been posting models off at an average of 65 a week, obviously the ones that need decoders fitting will take a lot longer to process. I thought that companies such as SagePay verified the card by charging £1 and promptly refunding it but maybe that's not the case any more. I've had problems in the past where a card gets declined incorrectly, and then this happens repeatedly with the same retailer for no better reason than it's been declined before. That's why I was doubtful about just giving you the same details again, but I'll know in future.

I would have called later in the morning, but I get quickly bogged down with work soon after 8.00.  I was actually trying to avoid pestering you on the phone, but the advice from forum members was to phone and that seemed to be the best thing to do in the end.

I never realised Leeds looked so exotic - on the way to post off 143s no doubt...

Thanks to everyone for the help and advice.

Cheers

Keith

I had the good fortune to visit Leeds this spring and was pleasantly surprised by the city centre. Besides a very large railway station with lots of Northern Rail pacers, sprinters, EMUs and many other rolling delights, there are many old arcades and narrow discrete alleys with old pubs. The victorian market is splendid and worth a visit before it gets busy. I hope to return someday soon while visiting the UK by train.

Leeds is an interesting place. It is also very central and allows easy travel to many other parts of Britain (especially by rail!).

It is also the home of a certain DC Kits ... now who do we know from there?? ;)

I spent a long weekend in Leeds travelling around the region over four days using the North-East Rover Ticket. I managed to take in Carlise, Newcastle, Middlesborough, Whitby, Bishop's Aukland, Scarborough, Hull, Doncaster, Sheffield and all of the major towns in between. I spent one day on the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway and another on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway. Leeds is indeed well placed.

• RMweb Gold

Spoke to Charlie at the Chatham Show last Saturday and asked when they will get round to doing the dcc sound and passenger-equipped versions, not too long to wait he says and, bingo, mine has just arrived in the post.

Many thanks Charlie,

Keith

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

My FGW 143 with sound and passengers arrived today. (An earlier post suggested these would be done last)

Pleased its arrived in time for my birthday shortly. I did succumb to a test run and am very pleased with the model so far.

Another 30 being done this week, only 86 Sound & 70 DCC Fitted to go!  Sorry all for delays but we have been swamped with orders, the First Great Western are running out!

BUT all pre orders will be honoured.   Charlie

Edited by charliepetty
  • Like 1

Charlie

The wait will be worth it!

Having purchased at DEMU Showcase the Legomanbiffo sound chip for my Bachmann FGW 150, the sound and passenger fitted FGW 143 will be a fitting partner when it arrives.

Rob

I recieved the FGW 143 back in March and after running in it proved a very quiet and reliable runner. Detail is great too. Well done all of you at Realtrack, and I hope to order again from you soon when something else of yours takes my fancy!

Edited by birch1
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Got my DCC fitted example today and it is an excellent model. Small point though, is mine unusual in that the destination at both ends is Exmouth? I thought it was supposed to be Exmouth at one end and Paignton at the other?

Rob

Got my DCC fitted example today and it is an excellent model. Small point though, is mine unusual in that the destination at both ends is Exmouth? I thought it was supposed to be Exmouth at one end and Paignton at the other?

Rob

Just like the real thing then they are quite often wrong boards!!

Sorry but the little Chinese man made an error, ON EVERY ONE!!!!!   I have the sample that is correct.  'EBAY I think'  Charlie

Not a major issue, but it might be worth correcting your website that still states Paignton as one of the destinations.

ROB

Rob

I have just received my 143s (Thank you Charlie and Aran). The FGW one has Exmouth at one end and Severn Beach at the other. Looks as though the Greater Bristol Metro scheme is being extended somewhat!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I received 143 Exmouth bound model a few days ago. It really is a stunning example. I do not have a layout yet, other than a track-mat that I use with my son whilst he gains an interest in trains (although he is still rather young and more interested in the Thomas the Tank engine, I got him). However, being Exmouth-based and Torquay-raised, this Paignton/Exmouth train really appeals to me, and others have with the local theme are the Hornby Torbay Express with the engine Llanstephan Castle, plus the Bachmann Torbay Express. 

My intention is to eventually build a layout based on a Exmouth/Dawlish/Torquay sort of theme but I suspect this will be many years away as I simply have no idea where to start.

I have included a few photos of my Class 143 but apologies in advance for the poor quality - only my phone was available at the time.

post-27063-0-49053300-1440881388_thumb.jpgpost-27063-0-16583600-1440881408_thumb.jpgpost-27063-0-72536100-1440881417_thumb.jpgpost-27063-0-89725600-1440881425_thumb.jpg

• Like 3