7mm Narrow Gauge Open Day, Mickleover, Derby Sat 25 Jan

Mike Bellamy

• RMweb Premium

Everyone is invited to the following event

7mm Narrow Gauge Open Day (was a 'Members' Day' but is open to all)

Saturday 25th January 2014 10.00am to 4.00pm

Admission £3

Mickleover Community Centre,

Uttoxeter Road,

Mickleover,

Derby.

DE3 0DA

Light refreshments available

Regular visitors will know that we started these Members' Days to enable us to show our group layout, Henmore - but not this time. After being featured in Railway Modeller and appearing at the York Show last year, two boards were damaged whilst being dismantled and that brought forward our plans for some improvements. We also learnt that gravity is stronger than wood glue and screws when boards are no longer supported! The original plan had been a gradual replacement of 30 year old warped and heavy boards but we have now decided to go for a completely new layout. Hopefully the first board(s) will be on display - very lightweight and strong, they are being created from a laser cut kit of parts designed by Paul from EDM Models.

I'll update the other layout details later

Trade support from EDM Models, Port Wynnstay Models, Minimum Gauge Models, 7mmNGA Sales, Second Hand and Publications.

Plenty of room for other modelling displays, 'bring and buy', layouts, demos etc. Please contact me and let me know if you want to offer something - it doesn't have to be 7mm !!

Thanks to Paul at EDM you will find information on his website here

http://www.ngtrains.com/Pages/Admin/Shows/tvg3.htm

Hope to see you there

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Soon be Saturday and so it's time to bring this back to the top of the list

If everything goes according to plan,  we should have the following there

7 layouts, Nurton Halt O9, Cwm Valley O9, Port Wynnstay Quay O16.5, Allen's Yard O16.5, Hensbarrow O16.5, Anderton On30 and Coney Hill 7mm standard gauge

7 traders, EDM Models, Port Wynnstay, Minimum Gauge Models, Dovedale Models, 7mmNGA Sales, 7mmNGA Publications, 7mmNGA Second-Hand

4 demos, Paul Martin with DCC, David Wright Buildings, Ian Thompson Trams and Keith Gilliver Military Models.

Plus the added attraction of me in the Kichen !!

Mike

• RMweb Premium

First layout due to arrive in the next hour or two as the van is needed elsewhere!

Two traders and another layout due tonight. I had a message from Paul that he's loaded the van for EDM Models - although he asked for the usual size he finished up with extra long wheelbase and a high top so at least we can stand up in it when loading/unloading but I just hope he didn't try to fill it all as we'll have to load/unload it all again on Sunday when we go to the Bristol O Gauge Show.

Also on display will be the first new boards to replace our Henmore layout that was damaged at York and is now scheduled for a full replacement. Paul has produced a CAD drawing and had the boards laser cut from lightweight ply. We may try and see how many people we can get to stand on them to test how strong they are !!

Trying to get away from work on time to do the shopping for the catering - good job the local Tesco is 24 hours

• RMweb Gold

Also on display will be the first new boards to replace our Henmore layout that was damaged at York and is now scheduled for a full replacement. Paul has produced a CAD drawing and had the boards laser cut from lightweight ply. We may try and see how many people we can get to stand on them to test how strong they are !!

Well, you'll be making the next lot then!

Sadly, whilst two of the new boards will be there to demonstrate the technology having the pair done and standing on their own internal legs has been thwarted by, time, other work and and a 22:30 last night realisation that the 4mm screws I have for the leg brace aren't long enough.

post-2660-0-41548600-1390568854_thumb.jpg

The EDM Van is mostly loaded - big van with just over an estate cars worth of stock looks a bit empty. Might just have to pad it out with a couple of extra crates.

Just got three sound fitted Fowlers to put back together now

• RMweb Premium

FOUND AT MICKLEOVER TODAY - PAIR OF GLASSES IN LIGHT GREEN CASE WITH SMALL CARRYING HANDLES.

Please spread the word amongst your friends who may have visited us today as I found a pair of glasses in a case on one of the tables in the tea rooms - as we had members of the public coming in for a cup of tea they could belong to anyone but this the best place to start in trying to reunite them with their owner

Thanks

Mike

• RMweb Premium

Hopefully making the trip to Derby this afternoon with George and a certain green welsh tank engine, hopefully there will be a bit of 7mm track to give him a run on .......

Good to see you and George again - plus of course the rather special visiting loco. Pleased to say we found a nice layout to give him a run and I look forward to seeing the photos.

Mike

Archived