If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hi from a new guy

GJB

Have only recently discovered this forum and thought it was the ideal place to build on what little knowledge I already possess regarding things GWR in modelling terms.

Will be more active once I have an idea of how the forum works with regard to posting photo's etc. May take some time as technology has left me behind I'm afraid.

Gerry

Hello Gerry,

Welcome to the forum.

Jeff

(Good to see another GWR modeller here)

Thanks for the welcome, Jeff. Hope I can come up to the standard of modelling I've seen on the forum - would hate to let the other GWR chaps down.

I'm at the start of my layout at the moment having just completed the baseboards and made a start on building the point-work. The aim is to build a simple layout around the available loft space (20ft x 9ft) so I can watch the trains running, as my real enjoyment comes from building rolling stock. 

Gerry 

Hi Gerry. There are a lot of supporters of most railways since 1900 on here. GWR and Western Region are pretty well represented but new insights are always very welcome.

Thanks for the welcome, Gruffalo, much appreciated. I have read through some of the posts on the forum and have to say I'm impressed with the span of interest and depth of knowledge available for new members like me to tap into, and it appears to be a friendly place as well.

Gerry  

• RMweb Gold

Hello Gerry and welcome,

If you still haven't worked out how to post pictures yet then just let me know and I will post something for you.

Enjoy RMweb,
Kev.

Hello Gerry and welcome,

If you still haven't worked out how to post pictures yet then just let me know and I will post something for you.

Enjoy RMweb,

Kev.

Thanks for the welcome and the very generous offer of help Kev - i'll take you up on it if I get stuck.

Gerry

Welcome to the forum Gerry. You will find plenty of advice and inspiration on here.

Thanks for the welcome Geoff, much appreciated. I'm already starting to appreciate how supportive the chaps on this forum appear to be towards newcomers. It is certainly encouraging.

Gerry

Hi Gerry

From one new member to another - welcome.

Enjoy RM web

Hi dahrenne, and thanks for the welcome. Still getting used to the forum but there does appear to be lots to get stuck into for a new member - no doubt you are finding the same!.

Gerry

Welcome aboard.

Thanks for the welcome Baby Deltic, much appreciated.

Gerry

HI Gerry,

Welcome aboard, it's good to see another GWR man here. There are quite a few GWR resources to draw upon on the web as well as in this forum - try http://www.gwr.org.uk/index.html for a start which has lots of useful information. Would be interested in seeing some pictures when you get round to it. 

Thanks for both the welcome and the link to the GWR site Brian

I'm sure I will get round to posting pictures in time but at the moment I'm struggling to work out how to bookmark topics that I've found to be of interest on the forum. I have pressed the "follow" button but it doesn't seem to register  - i'm obviously doing something wrong! Sure I'll get there in time.

Gerry

Archived