Kernow Exclusive J94 as No. 196 named "Errol Londsale" in Longmoor Military Railway livery

Graham_Muz

• RMweb Gold

Kernow Model Centre have today announced the following:

We are pleased to announce that we have commission DJ Models to produce an exclusive model of Austerity Class J94 0-6-0 Steam Locomotive number 196 named "Errol Londsale" in Longmoor Military Railway livery.  The model will be produced with the main batch of DJ Models' J94s and will be priced at £109.99 although by placing a pre-order the price is reduced by £10.  No cards will be charged until we are ready to send the model.

See here on the Kenow Model Centre website for further details http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/product/42069/OOJ94099_DJ_Models_Class_J94_060_Steam_Locomotive_number_196_

Prototype pictures here http://mikemorant.smugmug.com/Trains-Railways-British-Isles/Miscellaneous/Longmoor-Military-Railway/23497482_hbB5Df#!i=1982985282&k=bnn6zWs

Edited by Graham_Muz
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Working for me.

If you were modelling the early period of the South Devon Railway then this loco and livery would be correct for that as well.

But it's not a J94...

Sorry folks, pet hate :P

True, but a lot of the preserved WD saddletanks aren't J94s either, despite BR crests and numbers on the side.  If the prototype isn't always correct what chance have we when describing a model of it?.........

All the best

Les

(another one who doesn't like them misdescribed- especially when getting it wrong himself!)

Edited by Les1952

Completely OT, but when I was a kid, the real Gen. Errol Lonsdale kept his enormous (and very placid) white horse, Caspar, in the field at the bottom of our garden. I also remember being told, by my father who knew him through shared interests in military matters, that The General, as he was universally known locally, was, at the time (late 70s IIRC), the only living person to have a railway locomotive named after him.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

In the last few days Hattons changed the release dates for its J94s to June 2016.  I am assuming that this is indicative of when we might see Errol. 

• 4 weeks later...

........................    sighs   ......................     :resent:     ...................             :lazy:      ................

In the last few days Hattons changed the release dates for its J94s to June 2016.  I am assuming that this is indicative of when we might see Errol. 

...  or not, given previous release dates for it.

......   why does every Dealer roll their eyes at the mention of DJ Models   ........    just can't understand it   ........   :scratchhead:

........    Well I suppose the money is earning interest while it remains in the Bank.

Regards and thanks to KymN

Julian

........................    sighs   ......................     :resent:     ...................             :lazy:      ................

...  or not, given previous release dates for it.

......   why does every Dealer roll their eyes at the mention of DJ Models   ........    just can't understand it   ........   :scratchhead:

........    Well I suppose the money is earning interest while it remains in the Bank.

Regards and thanks to KymN

Julian

Hi Julian,

'Every dealer roll their eyes'?

Whom?

Why?

Who's money is earning interest?

Please tell us all, including me the details ( I'm no wall flower, but if I'm doing something to upset DJM stockists, I'd like to know what so I can put it right as I'm sure others on this forum would like to know).

You've opened Pandora's box, now put up!

Dave

In the last few days Hattons changed the release dates for its J94s to June 2016. I am assuming that this is indicative of when we might see Errol.

Try writing to Kernow for an answer, don't assume!

It will arrive when it arrives and I am sure it will be worth the wait. Better late and correct rather than early and wrong.

Completely agree! And where else would you get direct personal input and responses to queries and questions as Dave does thorugh this forum. It is best just to ask rather than simply assume the worst or even some type of conspiracy theory!!

The customer service is first class from my experience of DJM and that is why I give him 100% support in his ventures and cannot wait for the particular model I am after - I know there is going to be a wait but I am happy with that and feel confident that when it does arrive it will be worth it!

David

Edited by south_tyne

Why?

Who's money is earning interest?

1. "Stockist" requires stock to sell. Both my local stockists gave me the same response when I asked, both said the same about Oxford and both now stock their full range, but they can't sell what they haven't got.

2. Julian's  I expect while he's not spending it on your products.

1. "Stockist" requires stock to sell. Both my local stockists gave me the same response when I asked, both said the same about Oxford and both now stock their full range, but they can't sell what they haven't got.

2. Julian's  I expect while he's not spending it on your products.

But who are the stockists? Are they on my stockists list?

Wish I had Oxfords financial resources, but I don't. Things are happening, and obviously not as quickly as I want, but happening nonetheless.

• Like 1

But who are the stockists? Are they on my stockists list?

My apologies, "stockists" should perhaps have read "shops", i.e. my two nearest proper model railway shops. I've no idea whether the first is an official stockist of yours but the "can't sell what I haven't got" is a direct quote from him, and I doubt the second is as his initial response was "Who ?".

In both cases my question was simply "are you going to be stocking DJM ?" and no, I'm not telling you which shops.

Way back when I started this company and subsequently 2 or 3 more times, I wrote ( hard copy snail mail) and e-mailed every model railway shop in the UK asking if they would like an account.

Only 50 odd out of the 400+ even deemed to reply to me and those are the ones currently on my stockists page of my web site.

The one that said who is more of a worry as surely they must read railway magazines, forums, look for opportunities to make money and have a decent profit?

Like I said at the time you can take a horse to water, but you can't make him sign up for an account.

It is still strange really how so few have signed up, but that's their problem, and the ones that have, know what's coming(if not exactly when) and they know they get a fair trade price and a better markup than the red box crew on way better terms.

However, to be fair a lot may just be waiting to see the product reviews before signing up, and in that case I can't blame them.

Unfortunately as I'm only making to order those that sign up won't get the first releases as they will be allocated to the stockists I already have ( I'm not going to be carrying stock), so they will miss out early on a good profit.

It is strange if they are holding out and waiting to see the product, when all the big guns have signed up, and 2 have even ordered new commissions so I must be doing something right even if others can't see it. (revised Beattie model and award winning O2, along side the soon to be released 14xx and the ultimate OO RTR King model).

Still, more money and profit on fair terms for those that have signed up then.

Cheers

Dave