Kernow Exclusive J94 as No. 196 named "Errol Londsale" in Longmoor Military Railway livery

Graham_Muz

Nope,

No minimum order.

Basic postage rates but they can order 1 item or 100, it was up to them.

Proper old school profit per item.

Payment after 30 days too.

Bachmann type maximum discount for 12 weeks from item launch to keep a fair playing field for everyone.

• Like 2

Hi Dave,

Apologies for not replying earlier, I simply forgot to press the "Follow the Topic" button.

Hi Julian,

'Every dealer roll their eyes'?
Whom?
Why?
Who's money is earning interest?

Please tell us all, including me the details ( I'm no wall flower, but if I'm doing something to upset DJM stockists, I'd like to know what so I can put it right as I'm sure others on this forum would like to know).
You've opened Pandora's box, now put up!

Dave

I don't wish to start a dealer list which would be likely to cause personal animosity as, inevitably, would be a result.  I cannot see that there would be any gain for anyone, going down that route.  

However, I can confirm what Wheatley commented on, in that they found it difficult to answer customers, who ring / email asking for delivery dates and there is scant information available.  I like the look of what is being offered, but hands on is delayed, not for the first time and for long periods, with no-one able to say why, or to offer an updated delivery date.  The earlier Post, to which I responded, was the first indication of another delay and my enquiries before I posted revealed no further information.  I will keep trying, perhaps you might be in a position to clarify when the Locos might be delivered.

Yes Wheatley also got it right about my money, which might have been winging it's way into your pocket and that of a dealer.  [Edit: I have no wish to give the impression that it may not get there, I have already said I look the look of the product and I do have patience.]

I and most readers will appreciate that you are putting lots of effort into getting the product out and hopefully it will meet the standards you expect.  Perhaps you might also consider that rather more information on progress, delays and latest expectations could be passed on.  It won't make any difference to the resultant timeline - but an informed customer is more likely to try for a future Pre-order.

Thank you for your interest - there are some out there who would not have bothered.

Regards

Julian

Edited by jcredfer

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the heads-up.  

That looks very nice indeed, particularly the cream interior.  Perhaps the other 94s might arrive at the same time.

I will go and check the 94 where I pre-ordered and see what they have to say about it.

Images of the first painted sample on Kernow's web site.

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/42069/OOJ94-099-DJ-Models-Class-J94-0-6-0-Steam-Locomotive-number-196

Looks very good :locomotive:

• 1 month later...

That looks very nice indeed, particularly the cream interior.  Perhaps the other 94s might arrive at the same time.

Just spotted this comment. Just to clarify, only the top half of the Longmoor cab interiors were painted cream. The bottom half, roughly from the bottom of the spectacle plates were dark green as can been seen here.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_08_2013/post-9767-0-96053200-1377548570.jpg

The biggest problem with modelling Longmoor is that many painting details were dependant on which squaddie got the job. This is particularly true in the case of numbers and letters but also produced variations in lining.

It all makes it a nightmare for both the modeller and the manufacturer.

Tony

Just spotted this comment. Just to clarify, only the top half of the Longmoor cab interiors were painted cream. The bottom half, roughly from the bottom of the spectacle plates were dark green as can been seen here.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_08_2013/post-9767-0-96053200-1377548570.jpg

The biggest problem with modelling Longmoor is that many painting details were dependant on which squaddie got the job. This is particularly true in the case of numbers and letters but also produced variations in lining.

It all makes it a nightmare for both the modeller and the manufacturer.

Tony

Thank you Tony. 

I remember the interior being mostly dark, too, from 1962, when on a Railway Operating Course there.  Strangely, I don't remember the colour of the main body.  :scratchhead:  I suppose it is possiblly because most of the time was spent aboard, concentrating on driving, or shovelling.

J

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, please note, this thread is for the Kernow not Hattons J94.

The Hattons dates will have, as far as I am aware, any connection with the Kernow one.

If things change I'll let you know.

Cheers

Dave

• 1 month later...

Anyone fancy posting some pictures if they have theirs yet?

I can do you a couple of pics I did for BRM of a review sample that passed through here.

LMR_1s.jpg

LMR_2s.jpg

Always an attractive livery and worth noting that Invicta are doing a suitable coach and brake van to hang behind one.

http://www.invictamodelrail.com/34-625y-exclusive-longmoor-military-railway-br-mk1-suburban-brake-coach-blue-pre-order-3495-11992-p.asp

http://www.invictamodelrail.com/37-537x-exclusive-longmoor-military-railway-brake-van-green-pre-order-2799-14500-p.asp

• Like 4

I can do you a couple of pics I did for BRM of a review sample that passed through here.

attachicon.gifLMR_1s.jpg

attachicon.gifLMR_2s.jpg

Always an attractive livery and worth noting that Invicta are doing a suitable coach and brake van to hang behind one.

http://www.invictamodelrail.com/34-625y-exclusive-longmoor-military-railway-br-mk1-suburban-brake-coach-blue-pre-order-3495-11992-p.asp

http://www.invictamodelrail.com/37-537x-exclusive-longmoor-military-railway-brake-van-green-pre-order-2799-14500-p.asp

Andy was that a pre-production/livery sample - the white should not be on the wheel centre edges but on the tyres. Also nasty 'joggle' on lining under the tank side footsteps (to say nothing of the poor fit of the cab on the running plate)? Pics on the Kernow website show it all correct.... aaaah I don't know what is awaiting me at home now :-s

• 2 months later...

Hi Brian,

It has definitely gone from it's usual spot on their website.  A search for LMR, produces only the Bachmann 2-8-0, pre-order.  A search for J94 also produces a number of [non-LMR] pre-order models, likewise for DJ Models.  Kernow keep their site well up to date, so I suspect they may have sold out.

They are good at email replies, so an enquiry might get a more favourable result.

Regards

Julian

Hi Brian,

It has definitely gone from it's usual spot on their website.  A search for LMR, produces only the Bachmann 2-8-0, pre-order.  A search for J94 also produces a number of [non-LMR] pre-order models, likewise for DJ Models.  Kernow keep their site well up to date, so I suspect they may have sold out.

They are good at email replies, so an enquiry might get a more favourable result.

Regards

Julian

Thank you Julian,

I had a sinking feeling that this was the reason, oh well, these things happen, well it does with me :-(

I cannot find anything about This LMR J94 on the Kernow website, really would like to purchase one, if only I could find the appropriate information about it.

Can anybody give me a heads up on this ?

I believe they have sold out but I did return a review sample to them last weekend which may be off the system if someone wants to try calling them.

I believe they have sold out but I did return a review sample to them last weekend which may be off the system if someone wants to try calling them.

Thanks Andy,

Just rang Kernow and they have indeed sold out, still I can always pay £400 on E-Bay for one later no doubt :-)

• 9 months later...
  • AY Mod locked this topic