Stafford Railway Circle Exhibition 6th - 7th Feb, anyone planning on going?

Cutchie

I've been going to the Stafford show for around 10 years now and find it to be one of the best in the area. Wide isles, quality layouts and a good mix of traders.

Hopefully the carpark won't get too muddy this year!!!

Great show and worth the 100 mile round trip.

Happy to report that a young lady in our office is very happy to work her rest day covering my 12 hour Saturday turn, so yes, I'll be at Stafford - yeaaahhhhh !!!!!!

• RMweb Premium

Once again Pete Waterman will be at the Stafford exhibition, I think on the Saturday and will be signing copies of his latest book

welcome to rmweb eltel - fancy your first few posts being about the stafford show which is being held at the county show ground on the 6th & 7th feb. See you friday.

• RMweb Premium

Leaving home now to travel to Stafford to help set up the show.

Promises to be great and i'm fairly sure there will be a few RMwebers there. Come and say hello - i'll be mostly on the "Diesels in the Duchy" layout.

Hi

I'll be there on the DEMU stand on the Sunday. I tend not to do any modelling -instead concentrating on making the stand look glamorous ( :P ) and generally gossiping to the punters. I'm also looking forward to having a good look at Bedlam Heath amongst others. I shall have my copy of "WCML coach Formations 1986" with me if anyone wishes to take a look as well as various other bits and bobs such as carriage notices.

Come and say hi.

? i'll be mostly on the "Diesels in the Duchy" layout.

And what a cracker of a layout this promises to be Chris, I recommend that people keep a close eye out for the Admiral Rodney - lovely piece of work.

A brief walk around this evening shows that the line-up is exceptionally good, if anyone's undecided whether to go this weekend please do so as I'm sure you'll find it well worth the trip.

Excellent exhibition as usual

Stopped by Keyhaven and had a practical demonstration by Andy on how to apply waterslide transfers to a BRCW type 3, while Harry operated the layout !!

Got nobbled by Graham and Hilary Shaw who were manning the Help for Heroes charity stand. My arm was twisted into buying some raffle tickets for the prize. The prize is the only one of five custom repaints of 667xx (Chinook) not taken by the RAF. Graham says they are his nameplates on the model and it comes in a Bachmann box with an additional GBRf sleeve.

My request to him was that, in the unlikely event I win it, I'd like it resprayed from Barbie blue into two tone green

So anyone who desires a model of "Chinook" pop along and see Graham and Hilary. You can also buy other bits and pieces in aid of this important charity.

What did I buy ? Not a great deal really, a Tunnel cement presflo, some Craftsman DMU bits, somer Alan Gibson shell vents and some Modelmaster transfers.

Good show as ever and highly recommended.

Also meant to say how much I once again enjoyed "Clutton". It just ticks all the boxes for me. A nice wide open layout with plenty of scenery and a small single track railway running through, but most importantly, all those subtle changes of level - undulation. It means the railway actually runs through the landscape rather than being glued to some flat plywood.

Great work Tim both the layout and the operating of it.

A really, really busy day! The times when there wasn't a site member around the stand/layout were very few and far between with what seemed generally very good attendance and a huge amount of favourable comments over layout quality from visitors.

I can only apologise for Keyhaven's running quality a lot of the time today, I could tell the track was getting very grubby very quickly and it was only later one retrieving bits of a flying 07 from the floor that I realised how damp the floor was as a result of the high humidity from the heating system. The first thing I'll be doing when I get there tomorrow morning is another wheel and trackwork deep clean. I still really enjoyed the first day - ask me again tomorrow night after a second day of operating a 4' layout with 3 points and the answer may be different. ;)????

I did take time to go and take a good look at Stephen Harris's absolutely superb Ynysarwed Sidings today, the running quality and the scratchbuilding of locos and their mechanisms is truly inspirational which puts my self-directed grumbles above into context. Missy brought some stock over to the stand for a close inspection this morning which was a really appreciated opportunity to see the craftsmanship at such close quarters and to see the superlative running of the 03 later in the day. I could watch that for hours. ? :icon_thumbsup2:

• RMweb Premium

Well after a lot of 'shall I ,shan't I ' moments during the day I have decided to make the trip up from

Somerset tomorrow , it sounds to good to miss .

Several layouts listed that I really want to see , and no doubt some tracers will be glad to see me .

I have made a list of members and the layouts they are with so will come and say Hi! to you .

Well i was very impressed by the exhibition , this being my first visit and wont be the last.

I was quite impressed by various layout and thought that Andy Y's Keyhaven is such a brilliant layout and was impressed to see the Dyanmis being used on Keyhaven , giving me a prod to possibly change over to that system.

Once again a brilliant exhibition and a good pat on the back to the Exhibition manager for a great day out.

Mark

• RMweb Premium

Once again an excellent show. 3 layouts stood out for me. Knutsford East, the excellent Rowlands Castle, the scenic detail on this layout is exceptional and I have finally seen Keyhaven by our illustrious leader (it looked to be running OK when I was there Andy icon_winker.gif icon_winker.gif ). Spent some money on a few tools, a mermaid wagon and a new Hollywood power unit for a certain luxury 1960's 6 car multiple unit. (its getting like Shakespears Scottish play that you don't mention) I will report on its performance on the thread under products when I fit it. This means I will have to resurect my refurbishment of my Triang model with new bogies and Cab fronts from Chris Leigh (already purchased about 3 years ago) and Southern Pride side etchings. Can guarantee that one of the major manufactureres will announce one 6 months after completion. icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif .

Have taken a few pictures. I will post when I have resized them.

Guest Digital

Nick (Holland Park) and I travelled down from Wales and I can say it was a cracking show.

Thanks to Terry and all the Stafford Railway Circle for putting on another great show.

Thanks to George Woodcock (Bedlam Heath) for entertaining us with his layout.

Thanks to Andy Y for a good chat around his layout.

Thanks to all on Crimson road for another good chat and lots of great info.

All in All a great day outicon_thumbsup2.gif

Cheers....John

• RMweb Gold

Green with envy! Not only a list in this thread of the great and the good who are visiting or exhibiting, but then reports of cracking layouts, too! Haven't seen anyone else's model since Brighton 2008, but am hopeful that Deb's mobility may have improved by this time next year - and I can get away at last!

Popped over for a while today and met a few members from the forum. In fact I think I was been stalked by one member, or was it me stalking him. Any way hello again 250Bob.

Great day out viewing some great layouts.

Oh No.!!! Not you again Colin........I cant beleive how many times we came accross each other earlier today. :D

Bob

• RMweb Premium

Another satisified attendee , it was well worth the 2.5 hours each way traveling time , a superb selection of top quality layouts , the only one I have seen before was Rolands Castle , it is a very well observed piece of modeling

at all levels , but then again so were the vast majority on dispaly , although I am not an Ngauge fan even these were most impressive , highlights for me , Clutton, Blandford St Mary , 82G Shed in 0 gauge , and for something always on the move it was Owen Street , New Haden Colliary was another spacious layout . Seems that all my top picks are steam based , no offence to the oil burning fraternity , there were some top class displays here too .

It was a pleasure to make the acquaintance of Andy and his super little layout , also tracked down Graham Muz for a quick natter , to those that I failed to find my apologies .

All in all a good day out , lighter in the wallet on return home but all things I need , will definately be looking to coming up next year , and a great ' well done ' to the organisers .

Archived