Abandoned Wagons, coaches and rolling stock

18B

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, andytrains said:

Shenfield Shark is still there. Why have some preservation group not got hold of it.

Or, Is it too far gone?

It is not in its original condition.

Due to alterations to trackwork its isolated. Its also probably rusted to the rails now, some preservationists have shown interest but its too difficult/expensive to get it out.

• RMweb Premium

I haven't been past re e tly but the Shipley yard used to have a lzrge pike of PROCOR aluminium bodied bogie hoppers that had I belive had to be withdrawn because of cracking. They were there for many years.

Jamie

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Aire Head said:

A quick screen grab showing an old shunter (I think it's a 48DS) lurking in the undergrowth at Crossley Evans in Shipley.

Screenshot_20191103-075311.png

I think that the rail connection still exists but hasn't been used for a while just like EMR at Laisterdyke.

Jamie

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

I think that the rail connection still exists but hasn't been used for a while just like EMR at Laisterdyke.

Jamie

Yeah the yard is still rail connected however it's doesn't seem to be used anymore. They have a couple of other shunters in better condition but they never move anymore.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I have a friend who works for EMR at Laisterdyke  who tells me that the do want to use trains but the economics of the service work against it. One of the problems is that neither yard can take a full train of wagons so, due to lack of sidi gs, the trains have to go to Neville Hill then tripped to be liaded in 2 halves.

Jamie

• Informative/Useful 2

If only I had a bucket of money and space, I’d grab those shunters before they rot away forever. Being abandoned in a bush or stuck in a scrapper’s is no place for a trusty shunter.

Also, that is a great photo. It’s a great prototype for my diorama too.

Edited by PannierTanker14
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Tackleberry said:

This is just outside Radstock on the Colliers Way outside Radstock.

C0D6215E-E211-452E-995F-65E2AE8D052D.jpeg

Could this be one of the former LMS brake vans converted and subsequently sold to Procor. These adapter vehicles were for use with the auto couplings on former BSC owned tipplers that were sold to Procor!

Mark Saunders

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Mark Saunders said:

Could this be one of the former LMS brake vans converted and subsequently sold to Procor. These adapter vehicles were for use with the auto couplings on former BSC owned tipplers that were sold to Procor!

Mark Saunders

Quite possibly, I’ve been told it has different couplings at either end of it...

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, Mark Saunders said:

Mark Saunders

If you've got the numbers of those you could search on the Wagon Survey ( http://www.ws.rhrp.org.uk/ws/wsearch.asp )..... unfortunately whatever the area's called locally, the van's not listed under 'Radstock' !

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Having a Google maps nosey around Willesden Junction last night, I noticed the stock outlined in yellow below near the mail distribution building. I'm not sure if the image was taken this year or not and can only see the tops but can anyone confirm what they are and if they're still there? Can't imagine it's items that have seen recent use if they are still there!

1722080173_Stock1.jpg.389298cdf9799a0e6797ffa3dd4907ca.jpg

890728441_Stock2.jpg.40256e7d836f262ea33da357448d245f.jpg

636530939_Stock3.jpg.e1d7469a8eeefe89c1f9018b679e9362.jpg

74067775_Stock4.jpg.8078320b56fc96c936b702adec5b8f23.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

Having a Google maps nosey around Willesden Junction last night, I noticed the stock outlined in yellow below near the mail distribution building. I'm not sure if the image was taken this year or not and can only see the tops but can anyone confirm what they are and if they're still there? Can't imagine it's items that have seen recent use if they are still there!

1722080173_Stock1.jpg.389298cdf9799a0e6797ffa3dd4907ca.jpg

890728441_Stock2.jpg.40256e7d836f262ea33da357448d245f.jpg

636530939_Stock3.jpg.e1d7469a8eeefe89c1f9018b679e9362.jpg

74067775_Stock4.jpg.8078320b56fc96c936b702adec5b8f23.jpg

Some of them are old RES driving trailers and vans.

• Informative/Useful 2