Bishopsgate Goods

SXHALL

Hi,

Having missed out on the challenge for the last couple of years I am going to resurrect an idea I initially had for the 2012 challenge for 2014.

I am aiming for the picture frame diorama in a space of 4'x2'x1'.  Each end will have a 1' extension, off scene, which will allow for cassettes to be used for shunting.  In the scenic space I hope to capture both levels of Bishopsgate with a wagon hoist/lift between the two allowing wagons to be shunted across both levels.  It will be to 4mm scale with (possibly) EM gauge track.  As I will have to build two wagon turntables and two points it should be within my skill level!

There are several ideas flying around my head on how to operate and build the wagon hoist, turntables and have operable shunting.  As well as numerous ideas on how to create scenic breaks and view blockers flying around too. Also go an idea for using mirrors to create the illusion of depth at the back.  Need to write a list so I don't forget anything.

Currently working on a sketchup plan and will post it at some point once I'm happy with it.

So my hat is in the ring, now I just have to get on with it!

• 2 months later...

An update.

Due to moving house and being away all week every week in a hotel for work means I stand no chance of being able to complete this in time.

Shame.  I had planned it in sketchup, counted bricks in photos, worked out materials required and began to source rolling stock but all has now ceased.

If I ever get to unpacking the laptop I'll post up the plans I had.  Really keen on completing this one day still.  Will start a topic thread when I do.

Bowing out for now

Steven

• 1 month later...

Archived