Perth Model Railway Show 28 and 29 June 2014

Waverley47708

Hello Everyone,

Feet up after a show which has been well received.

Thanks to everyone who attended the show, the exhibitors whose layouts all ran very well, the excellent trade support and all the societies who all contributed to the great atmosphere.

The prize winners:

Best in show voted by the public was Burntisland by East of Scotland 4mm Group

Ten Commandments/Greenscene Trophy for architectural modelling was won by Raven Miniatures for their water mill scene

Robert Bruce Memorial Shield for scenic modelling was won by Tony Bates for his layout Midhurst

Jimmy Robertson Trophy for best technical layout was won by Alan Bevan & Maggie Clark for Warren Lane

Thanks to everyone who came along and for all the positive comments at the show and on this forum.

Stan

On the train again this time back to Sunny Newcastle after an enjoyable afternoon. Some of our club members had been raving about how superb 'Warren Lane' is. Have to agree with them and might even change my stance on modern image in the 21st Century, though it will never beat a good J27 on a mixed rake of 21t hoppers & NER 20t wooden hoopers clanking by.

Congratulations to Stan and the team on another excellent show, and I'll see you in August when you head down to the North East with Fastleigh.

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris,

Glad you enjoyed the show and thanks for coming. Looking forward to bringing Fastleigh to your show. My nephew who lives in Blaydon is looking forward to a driving stint already!

Stan

Hi,

Well done Stan and the team - some great layouts - for me! Hazelbank, amazing transformation - Aberdeen Kirkhill - and lovely littlle layout from Greenock - Inverboyndie.

Bill.

We had a great time and many thanks to Stan and his team. Thanks for all kind words about Hazelbank and we return later in the year at Falkirk and then SECC next year with a special appearance at DEMU 2015 too! I am knackered! Si

We've had a great day. Plenty of top layouts to watch and study. Loved Hazelbank, Kirkhill and Warren Lane among others. Bought too much and more to tempt tomorrow, Bachmann 101s fresh in on Cheltenham Models causing much internal debate, to buy or not to buy.....

BUY!! I hope you did? Just a pity we couldn't get one bought, sound fitted and weathered on Hazelbank during the weekend!!

Whoo Hoo on the train from sunny Newcastle should be at the show about 1.30pm. Really looking forward to it.

Regards

Chris

Nice to see you Chris. And we are dying to get down to North Shields with Airthrey Park in August.....cannae wait man!

It was great to see Aberdeen Kirkhill and Hazelbank in the flesh.  Up til now I had managed to miss Hazelbank somehow.

Was great to meet and speak with the operators of Kirkhill about all things ScotRail (even though some of their 477s had a Scottie Dog on them and I did see one Sprinter skulking around the layout!)

My mid 1980s blue grey bias however did not stop me apprecaiting the other top class layouts on display, steam diesel and modern day.

Only 360 somthing sleeps to Perth 2015

I have been to this show a couple of times, when we've been on holiday in the highlands, but this year due to a close family bereavement we had to change our dates and it's a long drive from Cardiff for the day.  So any photographs would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou in anticipation. Ken.

well i had a good time at perth on saturday, glendevon worked very well. 61700 bantam cock ran very well for its first outing. the only casualty was my j88 68334, somehow the front set of wheels opened themselves out and the securing nut caught on the rear of the slide bar slipper and it tied itself in a knot and took a bit of work to untangle but the loco runs well again. i acquired some liquid lead for the loco and it now pulls quadruple the amount it did before. i had the j88 going round my friends garden layout pulling 30 vans, although i dont think a real j88 would be able to pull so much, it certainly helps current collection as the loco had no weight in it what so ever. i was also lucky to pick up a set of eight gresley teaks for a very reasonable price. looking forward to next year already.

On behalf of the Hospital Gates team may I thank Stan and everyone concerned with the last weekend's organisation. We, and here I include my good friend John Stainton, who provided the Vincent HRD combination on the Sunday morning, had a great time. My colleagues Neil and Colin who were appearing for the first time at this wonderful show now share my enthusiasm for it and wish to "come north again". What about it Stan, please? We have several other layouts we can call on.

We had a very large number of searching questions from the public about the layout and this makes the long trip worthwhile.

Thank you all again. John. 

A big thanks to Stan and the Perth Club on behalf of the New Hey team for their hospitality at what was a really good exhibition. Its a long haul there and back but well worth it particulalry when the hosting club are so welcoming and look after you. The Saturday afternoon viviit from Stan and the Chairman is a rather special touch.

Highlight of the weekend for us without a doubt was not actually in the show, but in 'Spoons watching Charlie buy a round for his team. As the ads for mastercard say, Priceless.

Set off from Scone at 07.50 this morning, back at Swadlincote at 15.00 to unload.

Many thanks again to Stan, Calum, all the other members of Perth Model Railway Group and of course the other exhibitors, trade and the public for an excellent exhibition. We thoroughly enjoyed the whole weekend.

A Special Thank You to Stan Calum David and all the members of the Perth and District M.R.C for putting on a superb Exhibition

All the Warren Lane team had a great weekend at the Show and exploring  your beautifiul City.

Alan and Maggie

Nice to see you Chris. And we are dying to get down to North Shields with Airthrey Park in August.....cannae wait man!

Hi Simon,

Good to see you again, and looking forward to seeing you with 'Airthrey Park' in August. Also nice to see that your club has another superb layout in its stable with 'Hazelbank' another candidate for a future exhibition.

Chris

On behalf of the Hospital Gates team may I thank Stan and everyone concerned with the last weekend's organisation. We, and here I include my good friend John Stainton, who provided the Vincent HRD combination on the Sunday morning, had a great time. My colleagues Neil and Colin who were appearing for the first time at this wonderful show now share my enthusiasm for it and wish to "come north again". What about it Stan, please? We have several other layouts we can call on.

We had a very large number of searching questions from the public about the layout and this makes the long trip worthwhile.

Thank you all again. John. 

Hi John,

Thanks for the compliments! Of course you guys can come back and I'm pleased we managed to impress Neil and Colin too. I will put you on my list for a future show, possibly 2016. You build great layouts!

Stan

Thanks to Stan and the team from Raven Miniatures for a most agreeable weekend.  We enjoyed exhibiting Eisengebrau.

Must have missed the Chairman's visit on Saturday but perhaps the Saturday evening made up for it!!

Happy to attend again sometime if invited as we have a number of layouts.

Nice to win the trophy - thanks to Dave of TC for his selection.

Guest 40-something

Hello Everyone,

Feet up after a show which has been well received.

Thanks to everyone who attended the show, the exhibitors whose layouts all ran very well, the excellent trade support and all the societies who all contributed to the great atmosphere.

The prize winners:

Best in show voted by the public was Burntisland by East of Scotland 4mm Group

Ten Commandments/Greenscene Trophy for architectural modelling was won by Raven Miniatures for their water mill scene

Robert Bruce Memorial Shield for scenic modelling was won by Tony Bates for his layout Midhurst

Jimmy Robertson Trophy for best technical layout was won by Alan Bevan & Maggie Clark for Warren Lane

Thanks to everyone who came along and for all the positive comments at the show and on this forum.

Stan

Great show once again Stan, its a shame I was only able to be there for a few hours on saturday as a visitor rather than my usual stint with Spencer.

Looking forward to next year with our groups layout Eaglesham, and in 2016 with Rockvilla!

Thankyou for posting the photos' B & D Boy, I was disappointed that I couldn't get to the exhibition this year and reading everyone's post how good it was doesn't help (bit of enviousness creeping in ).  Not to worry there's always next year!.

Regards, Ken.

Thanks to Stan and the team from Raven Miniatures for a most agreeable weekend.  We enjoyed exhibiting Eisengebrau.

Must have missed the Chairman's visit on Saturday but perhaps the Saturday evening made up for it!!

Happy to attend again sometime if invited as we have a number of layouts.

Nice to win the trophy - thanks to Dave of TC for his selection.

Thanks for bringing one of your great layouts and the tablet (traditional Scottish) is excellent too!

2015 show is full up more or less - I will send you an invitation for 2016 though!

Archived