Portwey

Hello sorry

Please what your size of small layout of feet and inch by length and width thank you but I not copy your but my railway are modern

The layout measures 4 feet long, 11 inches at the widest end (left) and 7 inches at the narrow end (right). Feel free to copy the trackplan if you like!

• 3 weeks later...

Julian

Just out of curiousity (and not really connected to Portwey!), have you seen the updated bit about Chudleigh on the Disused Stations website? Coal + oil + NBL type 2s and a simple track layout............Could be your next project?!?!?!?!?!?

Disgusting of Market Harborough!

Hi Dave. No haven't seen that one - will look though!

• 11 months later...

Julian,

Love Portwey, looking forward to seeing it in the Modeller.

Can I also say "hear, hear!" regarding your guest editorial in the July Modeller. Needed saying and I'll happily join you at the barricades!

• 2 weeks later...

And now a couple more showing the FY, turnout/section controls and one showing the layout in its entirety. If anyone wants any more photos, I'll put some rolling stock on the layout. Feel free to comment, folks. Many thanks if you do.

In the post that you show a full length picture of Portwey, is the object sticking out of the LH middle of the layout the point motor for the adjacent point?

Julie

• 2 weeks later...

Has it ever got damaged when you have moved the layout, or been working on etc.

Julie

No damage at all. BTW, the layout may not appear in RM until the Spring of 2016, I'm told, and it is has been sold, prior to a house move!  

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi folks,

I realise that it's been nineteen months since the last post on this thread, but I wondered if there had been any developments in the story of this layout, i.e. does it still exist, being exhibited?

Regards,

Alex.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

I realise that it's been nineteen months since the last post on this thread, but I wondered if there had been any developments in the story of this layout, i.e. does it still exist, being exhibited?

Regards,

Alex.

I would also like to see this layout again, I first saw it at Weston super mare, and have I'm sure seen it elsewhere, but can't remember where. Stroud maybe? I think the current owner lives in that neck of the woods.

Regards John

• Like 1

• 5 years later...