NotonYardTMD

Harry58047

Hi everyone

This is the first ever layout i've made being only 15 and living in not the biggest house in the world meaning that it is part of the TDMRS(Thetford District Model Railway Society) and only have a handfull of pictures but theres a website for it and means if you want to keep updated on pics keep looking the website www.NotonYardTMD.com but here are a few pictures here....

post-8358-12641822818687_thumb.jpg

post-8358-12641823488428_thumb.jpg

Hi mate

That looks like its getting off to a good start, look forward to seeing the progression of this as you add more scenery ...etc to it.

Keep the photo updates so we can see it progress...!

Regards

Jamie

Hi Harry

Great new photos... love the ONE livery, its always good to have help from club members, its the same in our Club...Plus the Club put altogether makes a good knowledge base.

Keep the updates coming along there great mate...!

Regards

Jamie

hi

Yes i think its great to have the club there to help as it also gets things done a bit quicker with the people who have knowledge of buiding a layout. But we are under pressure as our show is on 13th february so the layout needs to be all up and running for our show.

from

Harry

Hi everyone

If anyone is interested in seeing this layout working then it will be on show on saturday 13 feb (this weekend) at the TDMRS show at breckland middle school in brandon suffolk. the layout is all up and running and ready to have a backscene, turn table, ballasting & other scenery etc... It will be nice to see the layout up and running. So if anyones enterested then please do come along.

from

Harry

Yes i think its great to have the club there to help as it also gets things done a bit quicker with the people who have knowledge of buiding a layout. But we are under pressure as our show is on 13th february so the layout needs to be all up and running for our show.

Deadlines are always fun aren't they?

I managed to build a 4x2 fully scenic N gauge layout in 3 weeks as a competition entry for our club's show, so it can be done - and with the help of club members, even more achieveable.

Look forward to seeing the finished product.

hi there

Its definately great to have a challenge but it is a bit of pressure and i wouldn't got as far with the layout if it wasn't for two very good members of my local model club doing the dcc parts and helping me when i got confused. One of those members is part of rmweb and is called hoovernut and has alot of knowledge when it comes to the decision of how its all going to be wired up. But hopefully it'll be a great success to see it come to life on saturday.

from

Harry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hello again

Its been confirmed that in june the layout will be off to oxborough hall so hopefully it will look more layout like hopefully with a bit of scenery!!lol Anyhow it will be a 2 day show so will be busy. Hopefully it will be a good day out.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Progress is starting on the layout again and the first building has been built! The first kit i've ever built and it wasn't too bad until I took it down to the model club then disaster happened as bits started falling off until i got home then put more plastic weld on it so it'll hold!! It hasn't fell apart yet touch wood haha! I shall put some more pics on here ASAP

Thanks for reading

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone

,Well the layout has taken some progress with the backscenes nearly all in place. We have a show next weekend but it is in doubts as the costs are affecting the club to try and get the layouts there and to get the insurance so we might be going to the Oxborough Hall show on fathers day weekend. Anyhow here are some pics of us getting the backscenes ready for the layout.

post-8358-127555644647_thumb.jpg

post-8358-127555645388_thumb.jpg

post-8358-127555646076_thumb.jpg

post-8358-127555646905_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

heyy everyone

,We are going to oxborough show on the 19th and 20th of june which is the weekend coming. There will another layout there called Creek, Grone and Rattleswick which some people will know about. The layout won an award on the 8th of may (David Taylor cup) for best layout. NotonYardTMD will never be as good as the other layout but it has the chance to try so I hope some people do come and see the two layouts on fathers day weekend so the layouts will get some attention.

Archived