Mallard Partwork

Rumour has it that the partwork company behind the Flying Scotsman kit series are going to trial an O gauge Mallard series in Feb, which is based on the DJH O gauge Mallard.

So wrong on so many levels.

They haven't even photoshopped the tilt rams either, amateurs.

I'd prefer it in two tone green and full yellows tbh.

Nah . . .speedwhiskers . .

The first 3 issues seem to give quite a lot away, I would have expected some of the boiler/front end/fairing bits to have arrived much later down the line?

Jon

I shall do it. To go woth my scotsman and my 3 year old loves the 'mammard'! The transfers were included in the scotsman one so it's just paint. I wont bother motorising mine.

As Jon says, there are some heavy chunks of white metal in parts 2 and 3.

I'm not a kit builder but I didn't realise that it was necessary to wear blue rubber gloves . . . . . :O  :O

Have tried to subscribe but seems to be UK only. My fear is that the newsagents here will only carry it for a couple of issues then stop due to a lack of interest. I have emailed them through their website but have heard nothing back. :(

My fear is that the newsagents here will only carry it for a couple of issues then stop due to a lack of interest.

That's par for the course with partworks. Newsies only carry the first four or so issues. After that you need to place an order with them or subscribe with the publisher.

That's par for the course with partworks. Newsies only carry the first four or so issues. After that you need to place an order with them or subscribe with the publisher.

Newsies here wont hold them for you so I've been told. So it'll be subscribe direct or nothing for me!

Newsies here wont hold them for you so I've been told.

Wow. That is truly naff. An order with the newsagent would be the quickest way to get issues. Subscriptions tend to run a bit behind.

...An order with the newsagent would be the quickest way to get issues. ....

Would that were so. Newsagents rely on the regularity of their customers. One partwork isn't going to do it for them.

some WHSmiths branches does magazine order subscription for magazines like partworks and not ranged by the individual store

I's there any news regarding release dates for the start of the series. Plus, are the rumors true in regards to it being a 4 part trial, as it's not actually showing up on the Hachette Partworks official website.

Edd