Mallard Partwork

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if any other subscribers have received any issues of this series. I have queried the non-receipt of any issues, which were promised within 28 delays. The reply from Customer Care is:

"This publication has been suspended temporarily due to stock,as soon as its up and running you will be contacted. Kindly accept my apology for the delay."

Has anyone heard anything further?

Hi All,

I was told today by someone that it has been cancelled. They contacted part works and were told there has not been the take up. Hardly well advertised to be fair. Not many folk know about it.

Hi All,

I was told today by someone that it has been cancelled. They contacted part works and were told there has not been the take up. Hardly well advertised to be fair. Not many folk know about it.

This wouldn't surprise me given the response I got from Hachette. Assuming it's cancelled, they ought to take down the dedicated website at http://www.buildalocomotive.com/

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone else received this, but Hachette sent me a further letter stating "we have had to temporarily suspend production of the series. However we do expect to resume later this year. Please be reassured that once publication resumes we will notify you ... and you will receive your first dispatch for free". They also enclosed a metal propeller paperweight as a gift, which may be more useful as a letter opener!

• 3 months later...

128 (ignoring the cheaper first two issues)  X £7.99 =  £1022.72   plus paint, glue etc.  ouch !! .

Delivery over 32 months as well, at least it gives you plenty of time to build it and pay for it   :jester:

Edited by micklner