SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Well it's ten years of Sloth like activity, interspersed with an occasional frantic burst of action. 

Unfortunately there have been few 'bursts' in recent history, however some things have been happening, but that is mostly adding Locomotives and/or Sorting things, including Chipping the damn things!

I shall be posting some updates quite soon...yes, honestly!

Phil 

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold

3 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

Well it's ten years of Sloth like activity, interspersed with an occasional frantic burst of action. 

I think I put my track down 10 years ago. I still need to finish the ballast and build a permanent control panel.

On 21/09/2023 at 16:01, Mallard60022 said:

Superb Engine and a Pity I can't justify more than one.

Can't justify this one prototypically, BUT I don't give a toot about that.  

I had to buy one, but have the advantage that at least three visited Wolverhampton Works for attention. 84A/84B used ex-works locos on local workings before sending home. A 15xx was photographed on passenger stock at Worcester. 

Edited by TheSignalEngineer
  • Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, TheSignalEngineer said:

I think I put my track down 10 years ago. I still need to finish the ballast and built a permanent control panel.

I had to buy one, but have the advantage that at least three visited Wolverhampton Works for attention. 84A/84B used ex-works locos on local workings before sending home. A 15xx was photographed on passenger stock at Worcester. 

That's reassuring SE.

I think I read that on the discussion thread about the Loco. Well done; great excuse.

All the best,

Phil

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

I think I read that on the discussion thread about the Loco. Well done; great excuse.

Just looking for something on Shedbash and I found 1503 listed at Oswestry Works in September 1958. I bet that's the furthest north one got in BR days.

Currently working on the solitary LMS 100HP Sentinel 47184. Customised 3D printed body from Hardy Hobbies to fit the Hornby Ruston 48DS. I found a picture of it at Monument Lane shed when I believe it was on hire to M&B Brewery after their Aveling Porter 'John Barleycorn' expired and they were waiting for the replacement to arrive.

Also on the workbench is adding some Judith Edge etches to a Hornby Fowler 4P tank to create the Stanier 'Limo Cab' batch.

My next target is another interloper, the 9700 Condenser Tank. I found a nice picture of 9710 on a trip working at Swan Village, West Bromwich. I believe that at least another four of those got to Wolverhampton Works.

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
On 16/01/2024 at 22:50, TheSignalEngineer said:

My next target is another interloper, the 9700 Condenser Tank. I found a nice picture of 9710 on a trip working at Swan Village, West Bromwich. I believe that at least another four of those got to Wolverhampton Works.

How very dare they??????   

Shocked of Paddington and Smithfield

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1