SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

I might well do sometime ............. if you can tell me how to build that nice signal in pic two [post#161]!! Mr Hartshorne parts to go with the railpost ? I could build the railpost part as I have 'a book' and I've got to build a couple of others that style (well the post anyway)!

P

You'll probably have to scratchbuild the lattice (not that difficult for a Duck of your soldering skills); the rest is just standard parts.

BRILL = British Railways Illustrated

• RMweb Premium
On 01/09/2014 at 13:53, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

I vote that SWMBOs hobby is 'hand building finescale OO track complete with chairs'... go on, you know she'll love it!

Actually I have 'an allotment in 4mm project' for her and a friend to sort out; (the friend happens to be young enough to be our daughter and is rather attractive). However she was not the subject in the 'trainspotter' pic post-2326-0-19935200-1409576518.jpg and these facts have nothing at all to do with me inviting her around to see my trains. :acute:

Ummmm!

(Just noticed the interesting position of the 'wrap around text by the pic!) Ummmmmmm.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Actually I have 'an allotment in 4mm project' for her and a friend to sort out; (the friend happens to be young enough to be our daughter and is rather attractive). However she was not the subject in the 'trainspotter' attachicon.gifSpotter.jpg and these facts have nothing at all to do with me inviting her around to see my trains. :acute:

Ummmm!

Hi there

I would say that she is almost gaurenteed to cause a SPAD wouldn't you?

Regards Lez.Z.  ;)

The Bonkers-Duck Method in full, as I understand it:

Measure once (in inches, using a single foot ruler end-to-end for measurements over 12 inches)

Convert to millimetres

Cut once 

Invent new vocabulary (or use Anglo-Saxon words if the loft insulation deadens the sound enough)

Bodge twice

Good luck!

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

I can tell the difference and it is such an unusual working it must be a BR1G. I spent hours yesterday looking for a spare BR1G tender but could only find a Hornby one. I'm really tempted by this loco but might just do an Evening Star repaint as the loco I require was filthy in the pic I have.

I must resist this loco, I must resist this loco.........

Pah. 

You probably should Phil, as it will always be in the back of your mind that it isn't quite right.

Signed Gilbert- impulse purchases a speciality, and speaking from (repeated) experience. :banghead:

It's because we're basically addicts.  I too drool over ebay, online ads, classifieds... I just want them all.  I thought actually building a layout would help, but its made it worse.  I want to build another one  now.

We need a 12 step programme.... Hello, my name is Fritters and I am an addict.  I cannot stop buying locomotives I don't need, for a layout I don't have...

• RMweb Premium

It's because we're basically addicts.  I too drool over ebay, online ads, classifieds... I just want them all.  I thought actually building a layout would help, but its made it worse.  I want to build another one  now.

We need a 12 step programme.... Hello, my name is Fritters and I am an addict.  I cannot stop buying locomotives I don't need, for a layout I don't have...

Fear not, help is at hand. As a recovering locoholic, I feel that I am well qualified to give help and counselling to fellow sufferers. This would be a one day course, charged at a very reasonable £3500 per hour. There would though be no guarantee that you would gain any benefit from it, and you would be required to sign a legally binding disclaimer to that effect before enrolling. Please be patient when waiting for a reply to your application, as I anticipate that there will be very strong demand. Deposit cheques welcomed though.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

This probably does not count as an update. However, today I had to move some of my cut plywood from Conservatory to Garage and one piece to the loft (hooray) due to impending visit by family (including 3.5 years grandson) on Saturday. Whilst discovering that the said wood only just fitted through the loft hatch ( :mail: ) I twisted my shoulder and the result was end of head rotation for some time to come I think. Ouch and double ouch in fact. Nevertheless on sitting down and trying to ignore said shoulder/neck I was looking at something I found at the NRM and lo, 

post-2326-0-04772000-1411649123_thumb.jpg

I discovered this.

I have been searching for the identity of this Inspection Saloon for months and on the SR thread I now hope to get confirmation.

But just look at this combination; Exeter St David's, 76018 (from Yeovil) a Maunsell Brake and the Saloon. Also the interesting Headcode; brilliant stuff.

A little more progress in the planning of this layout.

P

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 2

... and thats why I'm in the shed, even though I could get a bigger layout in the loft I couldn't face the constant physical trauma of stooping, head banging on beams, climbing ladders etc etc

...and that's why I have a train room but also two duckunders which cause a headache every so often.  It would appear that the layout is getting lower as I am getting older!

Brian

• RMweb Gold

This probably does not count as an update. However, today I had to move some of my cut plywood from Conservatory to Garage and one piece to the loft (hooray) due to impending visit by family (including 3.5 years grandson) on Saturday. Whilst discovering that the said wood only just fitted through the loft hatch ( :mail: ) I twisted my shoulder and the result was end of head rotation for some time to come I think. Ouch and double ouch in fact. Nevertheless on sitting down and trying to ignore said shoulder/neck I was looking at something I found at the NRM and lo, 

attachicon.gifImg_1236.jpg

I discovered this.

I have been searching for the identity of this Inspection Saloon for months and on the SR thread I now hope to get confirmation.

But just look at this combination; Exeter St David's, 76018 (from Yeovil) a Maunsell Brake and the Saloon. Also the interesting Headcode; brilliant stuff.

A little more progress in the planning of this layout.

P

That coach has a distinctly GWR air to it but I'm no expert on coaching stock (i.e. I know next to nothing about it)