SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold
On 20/06/2020 at 14:02, simonmcp said:

This has brought back memories of when I was young, an uncle of mine who was from the mining district around St Day, would say to anyone who was messing around doing nothing "Stop fossicking about".

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
On 20/06/2020 at 14:47, Mallard60022 said:

Did I ever post this? Apologies that the discs have fallen off Arthur.20200421_114435-1.jpg.43ae63db02a856585490af8aa561ca8b.jpg

What do you keep in the cages? 

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
41 minutes ago, bigwordsmith said:

...or is that another thread I'm following ( too hot, too hot!)

Hotter here today that's for sure, we've hit 31.9°c, beating yesterday's record of 31.7°c.

Need refreshments...

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Tim Dubya said:

Hotter here today that's for sure, we've hit 31.9°c, beating yesterday's record of 31.7°c.

Need refreshments...

Today has also been warm in South Devon, but it was a balmy 28.5 degrees on the way back from Tesco at midday, according to the car. I got kitted up, ready for standing in the queue in the heat and high UV, only to find that I was able to walk straight into the store!

We didn't venture out this afternoon, due to important soldering commitments.

Edited by Captain Kernow
A piece of bread.
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Today has also been warm in South Devon, but it was a balmy 28.5 degrees on the way back from Tesco at midday, according to the car. I got kitted up, ready for standing in the queue in the heat and high UV, only to find that I was able to walk straight into the store!

We didn't venture out this afternoon, due to important soldering commitments.

In barmy Bath it is (according to the weather station thingy in the garden and the BBC*) still 26.7°C. 

I can also confirm that Engine Wood is still there and looking fine and fruity, having assessed it from South Stoke on our way to Sainsbury's, Odd Down for urgent supplies (my first visit since March).

* BBC not in our garden, just for the avoidance of doubt.

Edited by Tim Dubya
° the ° symbol ° I mean it's not a new thing to me but since I've found it I just can't stop using it at every opportunity.
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Yo Duck Man 

Just stopped by to see how things are I'm back reading the forum again my new partner is a bit more tolerant with railways that the slob I divorced

this year.

Keep safe Buddy talk soon.  

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

• 4 weeks later...

Bit warm here too, so just spent some time admiring gloating over my latest etches (4mm and 7mm) from PPD, which may be of interest to those who follow the Southern/LSWR. The photos are of the 7mm version but the 4mm ones are the same but of course smaller.

seatonetch1.jpg

seatonetch2.jpg

seatonetch3.jpg

• Like 7
  • Round of applause 1

Hi, signals for others, you wouldn't believe how many versions of Seaton Junction there are up and down the country. Indeed I have a customer who seemingly has a penchant for unusual signals of the SR and GWR in  7mm scale. Indeed some of the items can be used for quite a few stations, though the up bracket starter is almost unique.

They are of course to my own design but realised by PPD. A few more etches to come but mainly GWR.

Edited by Stephen Freeman
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

I think the hardest part was the artwork, I didn't have any alternative as Wizard don't do a 7mm version, whilst I was at it I did some 30ft ones as well. Mine do have a significant difference. In the prototype the lattices match up and so do mine. I have certainly learned a bit more about how to use Turbocad though still a lot to know.

• 1 month later...