SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

See that little Hut on the right? That's my Beach Villa that is. Got a layout in there and everything; classic Devon style too.

Ar$£

Good to see you flying the Royal Marines' flag too (:

• Informative/Useful 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Had a business meeting near Axminster today. Don't have satnav and forgot to print off a map before I left so stopped to fill up  (me, not the car) at a local garage and asked for directions.

So, rather surprised, as I neared my destination to pass a familiar building - Seaton Jct! In a rather forlorn state, sadly.

Got through business and had a quick visit down to Peco shop. Pity Buffers is closed Mondays.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Just stopped by to make sure all is well should get a date for moving soon so I can get back into modelling something, I've found a lady on a dating site who likes railways 

I will be seeing to her soon .:spiteful: Adios

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Some grey brown luke warm liquid, not sure if it tea of coffee? What is worse I made it.

Back in 1966 I was at Matthew Boulton Tech in Birmingham. At break one day I went to the canteen for a drink and some toast. When I got to the till the cashier said "Is that tea or coffee?"

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 3

Meanwhile, back on the modelling thread, after the "Tea Break", what new items have folks on their benches?

I have a number of Locos that have been DCC Sound fitted over the summer that need running in and their CVs sorting. Trouble is after "tuning " one, I have to give it an extensive test on my test circuit, and then I often decide I have to dig out an earlier conversion and compare them...….and so time marches on!

Happy Modelling

Paul

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Our 'friend' Redgate did some DCCing for me and did a good repair on my single loco with sound; a Spam. Nice whistle(s). He also worked a miracle on an old Bachman Nelson and that works a treat. The Junction thus has two Nelsons.

I have pledged to not get hooked by Strictly this season as Darcy has departed. I am going up The Junction when that is on (unless I'm away) and may or may not do anything whilst up there.

SWMBO has offered to help me tidy up up there! Can't turn that down.

P

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

15 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Our 'friend' Redgate did some DCCing for me and did a good repair on my single loco with sound; a Spam. Nice whistle(s). He also worked a miracle on an old Bachman Nelson and that works a treat. The Junction thus has two Nelsons.

I have pledged to not get hooked by Strictly this season as Darcy has departed. I am going up The Junction when that is on (unless I'm away) and may or may not do anything whilst up there.

SWMBO has offered to help me tidy up up there! Can't turn that down.

P

Be careful, “tidying up” usually involves a large black sack and quite a lot of heartache.

Rich 

• Agree 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium

When I worked on building sites as a student back in the late 60s (loved it), one of my school chums was actually the official tea boy on one job. He had to do other stuff, but that was his role three times a day. I was a bricky's labourer and also loved that as it involved driving a dumper a lot of the time. How I didn't kill myself on the last site I worked on in Plymuff I really don't know. Did my back in though, which came back to bite me later in my life.

Such japes.

P

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

15 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Some grey brown luke warm liquid, not sure if it tea of coffee? What is worse I made it.

Well that’s not surprising these days as both brews are available in bags, yuk!

Tim T

All packed up ready to move to Felinfoel

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Does anyone remember that old staple of Travellers Fare on trains - 'teacoffee?'

(followed by 'hot and cold snacks and light refreshments').

Our machine at work used to give you a mix of soup and tea if the previous person had had soup.....yuk! :o 

Edited by Benbow
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

I'm going to install a drinks machine in the loft and also a Portapotty for emergencies. I shall try not to get them mixed up. Alternatively I could have a small refrigerator within which I shall keep a huge supply of Dunkertons Premium Organic Cider (other excellent brands and flavours are available) and Almond Marzipan bars.  Both are free of Gluten. I already have some sheeps wool insulation and a couple of pillows up there to deal with the after effects of consuming said items. All DCC and 4mm FSFFS.

Hugh Rowlocks.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3