SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

8 hours ago, brianusa said:

Definitely, not many DHS old boys or Argyle fans here any more!:(

Brian.

Coming from Plymouth, my Granddad took me to see Argyle Play once when I was about 5 or 6.

The score was something like 4-6 and the brown thing kept ending up in the netting in front of me, because the guys obviously thought it would be nice to swap around about half way through, so all the time they were aiming to knock my head off, but the net stopped it about 10 times. I then though about how lucky I was that someone had thought about putting a bit of netting there to save me. Never went to any kickabouts again after that scare.

WELCOME BACK Phil.:good:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

I think several recent posts show that plenty of people here care, and are glad to see SoSJ and its owner back with us. You are one of RMweb's most likeable characters, Phil, and if we see further progress with the layout it will be very good news. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Redacted...my arse. I only got to page 15, realised I had already removed loads of my crap leaving some weird posts from friends sort of hanging in a misty limbo. So, stuff that for a game of Bowls.

Worrying that 5 years haver passed and not a lot has happened and yet some other folk have done more work for my layout than I have. I d like my Gresley/Bulleid Buffet though. I wonder where I put that?

So, to the loft and to unpack my latest toys as herself is away at a jumble sale, doing her usual kindly supportive duty to raise funds for whatever. meanwhile I still have a virus, not unlike the end of 2014. .

P

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Simples really. I was getting so far up my own arse that I decided that I would 'hide' the thread until I had had treatment. Today seems like the right time to make a comeback and to be embarrassed into trying to 'get the #### on with it'. Andy very kindly acknowledged that I has spent far too long in the secret cupboard in which Reese Mogg was also entombed and regenerated the thread like a new Doctor.

I plan to edit it to remove my rubbish! As that will leave a couple of pages, dear readers will  hopefully not lose the will to live whilst trying to identify any trace of railway modelling.

I need to thank several 'friends' for keeping me almost sane over the last 5 months; thank you.

Now, to get on and Get Sos J Done, take back my Controller and bring the country (scenic materials) together. This is a new dawn for modelling the premier main line to the west country in the days when steam reigned, Hales Fruit Pies were made in Devon and all was well at Home Park. 

All together now, Hip, Hip...……..,,,,,,,,,, replacement.

Arse.

0937-me.jpg.16f406c33589b8ea28ec56cce1af6144.jpg

Hi Mr Duck

In this new revived SoSJ are you going to have fat bottom rail with BR 3 baseplates on the fast lines, as in the picture you showed us?  Or are you still going to conform to the standard as set down by Peco?

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Mallard60022 said:

Worrying that 5 years haver passed and not a lot has happened and yet some other folk have done more work for my layout than I have.

Whatever you do, don’t compare your progress with “blink and it’s finished” serial layout builder Andrew P. None of us can match his rate of output.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

Hurrah! You're back. Just in time for us to leave Europe and catch Corona Lemonade virus. 

I couldn't be happier if you rolled me in breadcrumbs and called me a fishfinger.

You are a fishfinger and I claim my five pounds.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Mr Duck

In this new revived SoSJ are you going to have fat bottom rail with BR 3 baseplates on the fast lines, as in the picture you showed us?  Or are you still going to conform to the standard as set down by Peco?

In my dreams dear boy. However, I may just get some more Pecoboo Bullhide track, for the Dairy sidings area, just because I like it. 

P

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I am very pleased you are back Phil. This thread is like an award winning vasectomy clinic. A brilliant source of harmless bollo@ks :) 

You are also a highly skilled modeller, by the way!

Edited by colin penfold
Addendum
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium

Meanwhile elsewhere, a Merchant Navy that I really did not need at all, now lies in pieces on my table of doom. I though it had Split Gear Virus but nope, it appears to have 'My Wheels Won't Rotate Morethanhalfaturn Syndrome'; could be fatal. Total arse. Why are so many Hornby Pacifics served up with rubbish running qualities? Answers on a bog roll.

The Arthur that I also did not need, but is very pretty, runs like a dreamboat. I may move on my part started SEF Arthur and use this one instead as it can be King Arthur as it is that 'version' and looks a lot better than the lump I am bodging.

Some quality wagons that I found on Ebay (absolute bargain..... yes really) because that wise St Enoduck told me about them (cheerfs dear boy), have also been examined. They came from a P4 modeller and so are very well made. Three completed Walrus style SR Hoppers and 3/4 more kits, plus Transfers from CCT (good stuff) and some useful drawings and a set of etched Control wheels as fitted at the ends of these machines. One has been degraded to OOFSFFS and runs like a smoothy. I CBA to re-wheel the other 3 until later. I already have two of these made and another load to build (Cambrians) along with more etched Control Wheels and CCTs. These Cambrian Hoppers are a little challenging to build but they don't half look good.

This means I have a fine set of P4 wheels suitable for such wagons; twelve axles to be concise if anyone could use them?

Procrastination of course, however I am going to do a menu for eating the Elephant so that work will get done on the actual layout. That is what needs doing.

Have a good Rugby weekend all.

P

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, bigwordsmith said:

Blimey - it's been back online for five minutes, and I've seen more posts than in the last three from all the other fora I enjoy ( apart from PN)

Me and thee need to compete for getting things done Smiffy. I bet I can do less than you in the next month; is that a good start?

P

• Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, Ashley Bridge said:

Welcome back, your Duckiness.

I can’t tell you how nice it is to have some light relief , we’ve been surviving on tales from the “Great Way Round “ for too long.

Dont get too cold up in your version of the real main line west.

Rich 

CF9B84B0-8A3C-474A-82D5-C6DB721D2140.jpeg

Oh, that's tasty. Looks like it is running east from Meldon but not sure about that without checking the headcode. Just the sort of train I will be running occasionally. 

Many thanks and to all of you for your such kind and humorous communications.

P

• Friendly/supportive 4