SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, lmsforever said:

At  secondary school my science master was a maniac board rubbers regularily flew across the room and if it hit you you gave it back when he would belt you round the head,Another sadist was the gymn master he would hit you and make you do a cuircet round the gym without touching the floor.if you hit the floor he would shout at you from six inches and then make you cimb ropes whilst hitting you with a piece of wood.We had our revenge though one evening near when we left school we lifted his girlfriends mini (another teacher) into the middle of parked cars and managed to put his there to.We got away with it he was very angry and proceeded to line our year up in the gymn hitting us as he passed.You dont see maniacs anymore perhaps it was a result of war service and problems there after.The new loco looks good.

Thanks lms; it is the tender wot I dun. The loco is bog Hornby!!

Ex Army blokes used to do PR back in the day.

I had forgotten that a Music Teacher at Demport High, Mr Bowden I think it was, arranged a Top Shed and Stratford Works (absolutely gobsmackingly good) visit for a large group of us as part of a visit to London. Afterwards we went to see El Cid somewhere (Leicester Square?) All by Train; those were the days.

P

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, Tim Dubya said:

FB_IMG_1636736991246.jpg

Coincidentally I was chatting with someone yesterday, at a local Cafe (yes, my Tag was activated and working), about the quality of schooling. I put the question as to whether  Eaton uses some of its' more well known of late, Bullingdon Club (tossers) as an advert for quality Education?

I will not accept any moaning or telling Sir, as I have finished with politics other than non party political stuff, so this comment in no way promotes or denigrates any person alive or dead that maybe a Politician (some of which are the latter and still claiming Expenses). 

Otto, is this your Granny?

image.png.9dc44c45e1fcda03e2c4a0f5f3a32482.png

Ar$£

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 2
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

I admit to doing nothing that is of use........... and I am an MP.:rolleyes:

Oh I don't do anything at 'work'... well, to tell the truth, I do mainly say "FFS" under my breath at teachers and drink coffee.

Screenshot_20211113-130350-925.png.b16af1847551e3173e1da31021bd5eac.png

• Like 8
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

Is that anywhere near Camberwick Green?

It is a long way from Swindon Green and as our Phil seems to have caught Copper Capitis buying all manor of moguls. I am trying to help him recover by reminding him where his true modelling destiny lies before he goes on to develop a form of blinkered eyesight know as Swindon Oppessionitis. Sadly those who suffer from it do not realise they are and think pannier tanks are cute.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Sadly those who suffer from it do not realise they are and think pannier tanks are cute.

I like pannier tanks, but I could never eat a whole one. :jester:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

23 hours ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

If only the LMS had pannier tanks...

they could have been Staniers Panniers.

If only the LMS had jet propulsion, they could of had Staniers Harriers Panniers.......:read:

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

And if they'd then teamed up with a famous motor lorry company, they could have had staniers panniers karriers harriers.

And if they'd been loaded with people skilled in shoeing horses they'd have been staniers panniers karriers harriers farriers carriers.

Etc., etc...

Edited by St Enodoc
  • Like 2
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium
On 14/01/2022 at 22:04, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

If only the LMS had pannier tanks...

I am reliably informed (Facebook) that this LMS device, at Lowestoft in the 50's, is full of fish offal.

FB_IMG_1642330653710.jpg.b34655d65e71920134cf9ced5d6a2833.jpg

Time for another nap now...

• Like 4