SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Are you Muffin the Mule?

Apparently illegal in certain parts of the country!

Ok I'm off ;))

Indeed Muffin the mule has been illegal in many parts of the country since Edmund of Yeovil was discovered with Trixie in 1353 at a small pub in Bristol. As for Roger the dog........

Edited by nhy581

• RMweb Premium

Indeed Muffin the mule has been illegal in many parts of the country since Edmund of Yeovil was discovered with Trixie in 1353 at a small pub in Bristol. As for Roger the dog........

Here is Roger the dog. So named by our son who was only 4 at the time. 

post-16423-0-15509800-1503516454_thumb.jpg

Roger lived until he was 14, and still very much missed. 

• RMweb Premium

Here is Roger the dog. So named by our son who was only 4 at the time. 

attachicon.gifRoger sulking.jpg

Roger lived until he was 14, and still very much missed. 

That dog looks suspiciously like a sheep............

perhaps it has eaten too much Spam (sorry 81C).  :crazy:

Able Shepherd

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

But the new administration in Canada legalised it only last year.

• RMweb Gold

perhaps it has eaten too much Mutton (sorry 581).

Able Shepherd

Ha! Rumbled. That's a picture of Hamish, the famous singing Terrier from Inverness. He was well known in the 1930s for his radio appearances during which he sang Auld Lamb Syne every New Year dressed as a sheep whilst riding a unicycle, bah lancing a rabbit on his head.

Great days.

• RMweb Gold

perhaps it has eaten too much Spam (sorry 81C).  :crazy:

Able Shepherd

:bad:

• RMweb Premium

:bad:

My sincere apologies as I had not noticed that the lovely dog had passed on. Much missed I am sure. Such companions are hard to replace.

I'm sure if he was still around he would be joining in the banter on here and woofing with excitement when he saw a Spam. :declare: 

Philth 

• RMweb Premium

So what of today?

I have relaid a bit of off stage cross over as certain naughty coaches did not like the area at all. I can accept a certain amount of naughtiness from stock I want to use, however if the item that 'plays up' is not that essential it will have to go. There, ruthless I am.

I have learnt that some loco decoderes will just plough along nicely and others do not like wibbles in the trickery; that is probably because I need to boost my power input. I'll be doing that later after taking advice from Digitrains. I've also discovered that two big loco's hauling heavy trains draw a lot of power and so the Booster is deffo required as are BUS terminator supressors.

Unfortunately it looks as if more dosh is required for Juicers as there are a couple of places where 'doubling up' on the Hex  Juicers causes problems.

Such is the joy of testing. 

One good thing is it seems that all track that will be 'in view', appears to be up to standard, even that that I have laid. Some off stage track tweaking will still be necessary as we go on but it has been laid to allow for just that. There is also one FY point that is 'faulty'; I think I know why.

Now, I must go and see if the Baccy Hall I found yesterday actually has DCC on board.

Phil 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Just to let you know there has been an attempt to kick off in the Pecoboo thread, Matin (I will have the last word) Whinge has tried to quell the uprising. :rtfm:                                          :jester:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The Hall, 5927. Yes it does and after a bit of a faff it works, but the Decoder needs tuning as the control is naff (Bachman Decoder.......pah!). However it hardly falls off. I should think it needs running in as I don't think it has ever been used.

I visited the Pecoboo thread but no one was there. I came away disappointed.

Time for tea said Zebadee.

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 2

I swear it wasn't me under a pseudonym that woke up the Pecoboo track thread monster by mentioning sleepers....

Listen, don't mention the gauge! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it...

Cheers,

BR(W).

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Yeth. And I'm only thixteen.

( sorry, just had to finish the gag).

Only we of a certain age must understand this, unless of course we were brought up to enjoy a certain genre of Cinema.

Good morning all. 

Not much to report and I'm not in the bath. I decided yesterday that I was procasti, procratin, procrastining, avoiding the essential job of preparing loads of wire looms for the next set of point motors to be set up. I decided to give the Gaugemaster version of the Pecoboo P11 a try (someone kindly mentioned these to me and I can't rememer who it was, but thanks). They appear to be a sophisticated but still simple surface mounted motor that suits my FY purposes. However, they have a plug in loom and it can be reversed and that will be a benefit when linking two at a crossover (one switch, two motors ......is that a Theatre productioin in London?), saving a bit of wire fiddling at the choc blocks.  An example is shown in this link:

https://www.track-shack.com/acatalog/Gaugemaster-GMC-PM20-Surface-Mounted-Point-Motor-Gaugemaster-GMC-PM20.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI547Grevx1QIVQ7ftCh0adQpkEAQYBCABEgL0l_D_B

So I sat quietly last evening and 'extended' things :sarcastichand:  :mosking:  :nono: so that joining up would be easier and less effort. :whistle:

Then I realised that Gaugemaster do packs of extension wires for these..................................... :scratchhead:  :fool:

More later

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1

Good morning Duckster,

Maybe, when or if you have a moment would it be too much trouble to post a piccy showing these clicky point doobrie things please ?

I haven't seen them to be honest ( apart from your link... Ta ) and they look like an easy item for installing in a FY out of sight but practical. Also, is there any difference between the GM one and Pecaboo's item ?

Ta very muchly ;)