SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Are We still talking about the cricket ? Because if We aren't, I completely deny (or possibly fully admit to) the goings on last Saturday (depending on what you've heard).

Ted, I was talking about what started off as cricket but now, definitely, "just isn't cricket". If you're talking about something else now that might just be too much information...

Breaking news from the status coloumn:

'Captain Kernow publicly promises never to play Cricket again' what a letdown for the sport.

'We'll never see googlies like his again' said one disappointed fan, another said 'This is the end of the world as far as I'm concerned, I feel like filling my pants full of sellotape and letting rip!'

More later.

S. Tumped.

• RMweb Gold

Morning Chaps,

Might be safe to raise My head above the parapet after the cricket bombshell. I have spent the last couple of days hiding. But now I am back and I would like to add to some recent discussion.

Firstly If you blokes just went proper DCC you'd only need 2 wires, not those rats nests that you've all been posting pictures of. :angel:

Also I just noticed mention of Minehead............... I went there once in 1975, The beach was carp and Butlin's was naff. :O but other than that I loved it.

Regards S. Smith

Having done some research, I now understand the cricket issue - and who S Smith is, or actually was! For a nation that values sport so highly, and often punches above its population weight in world competition, I can see the humiliation. Perhaps model railways should become the new sport in Oz? Sherry and some girlfriends were at Minehead, August ‘67. A good time was had by all - easily done at 17!
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Breaking news from the status coloumn:

'Captain Kernow publicly promises never to play Cricket again' what a letdown for the sport.

'We'll never see googlies like his again' said one disappointed fan, another said 'This is the end of the world as far as I'm concerned, I feel like filling my pants full of sellotape and letting rip!'

More later.

S. Tumped.

Very Silly Mid Orf with a Short Leg. Owzat then?

Ivore Bail

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

More importantly, Mike Stationmaster was at Ally Pally and he missed me driving trains. EM ones with three link couplings. See I can do finescale.

post-16423-0-32412000-1522070237_thumb.jpg

Photo by my mate Andy Bell

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Yo. Now for the true colours of two wires for DCC up The Junction.

First we have some underboard shots and please remember this is what I call temporary, pre fitting points and that sort of thing, just to let trains run.

Then we have some surface wires in what will be hidden areas and one showing the most untidy wies in any of the scenic areas.

Finally I've included some shots of what should become the Refuge Siding on the Incline and what's happening in the Station area; that is just placement of stuff to assess the position of buildings and Footbridges & showing Stu's footprint.

post-2326-0-13215100-1522069332_thumb.jpg

post-2326-0-46253100-1522069345_thumb.jpg

post-2326-0-40588500-1522069358_thumb.jpg

post-2326-0-12735100-1522069379_thumb.jpg

post-2326-0-84961400-1522069393_thumb.jpg

post-2326-0-87650600-1522069407_thumb.jpg

post-2326-0-03714700-1522069431_thumb.jpg

The 'untidy' surface bit :nono:

post-2326-0-29997500-1522069515_thumb.jpg

post-2326-0-54996000-1522069563_thumb.jpg

post-2326-0-54866300-1522069575_thumb.jpg

post-2326-0-71075400-1522069592_thumb.jpg

post-2326-0-44329400-1522069607_thumb.jpg

post-2326-0-08551200-1522069631_thumb.jpg

post-2326-0-69772700-1522069645_thumb.jpg

Forgive me Father for I have sinned, several time in fact.

P

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 12

• RMweb Premium

That's a very small white van (Austin A30?) van on the flat wagon.

And I like the bird cage viewing roof on the box van. 

Young Stu,

Now that their van thingy is on the road behind the sidings. As for the birdcage it is muddled on one seen in a book on how not to photo a layout. 

I am so glad I have seen Lord Duck of Seaton's wiring. Isn't the extra "C" wonderful, only two wires.....just saying......

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

More importantly, Mike Stationmaster was at Ally Pally and I he missed me driving trains. EM ones with three link couplings. See I can do finescale.

attachicon.gifAlly Pally.jpg

Had that photo not had that pillock in it then DoMH's layout Friday Bridge would look really good.

Edited by Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Gold

More importantly, Mike Stationmaster was at Ally Pally and I he missed me driving trains. EM ones with three link couplings. See I can do finescale.

attachicon.gifAlly Pally.jpg

Well done - the ones I was driving on Grantham had more wagons and thingies and I only had to press a button to uncouple them, clever electrickery did the rest (and it wasn't even that Don't Count Chickens type wiring).  Fortunately nobody took any photos of my performance but some character managed to catch a view of various of us relaxing while preparing to attend an exhibition in Australia  - post No169941 on this page -

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/229-early-risers/page-6798

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 2

Well done - the ones I was driving on Grantham had more wagons and thingies and I only had to press a button to uncouple them, clever electrickery did the rest (and it wasn't even that Don't Count Chickens type wiring).  Fortunately nobody took any photos of my performance but some character managed to catch a view of various of us relaxing while preparing to attend an exhibition in Australia  - post No169941 on this page -

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/229-early-risers/page-6798

Don't mean no disrespect like, but I much preferred the lady bar stewards in post 169945 on that page

Ivor Lederhosen

As you can see my mojo has returned following the ball scuffing incident  :boast: 

68e5da03f5c74d78de3e2570359ae6c3.jpg

Edited by vaughan45
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

A bread knife? Yes, we've got a few of those, but SWMBO wouldn't let me send you one.

( I'm not even going to ask...).

Use that but it creates a lot of very small ba11s. Can't be tampering with all those can I?

P

• RMweb Premium

Emergency alert, polystyrene, cardboard and plywood has been fixicated (well mostly). Pics to follow when I've scoffed and stared at post 12617 for an hour or so.

In other news, thanks to a fine alert by an Aussie whose ba11s are never tampered with, so he tells me and that fine lad Alan Andy P, a soundicated Wadebridge will be gracing The Junction from Wednesday. Oh, I am awful.........

Busted Flush

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Emergency alert, polystyrene, cardboard and plywood has been fixicated (well mostly). Pics to follow when I've scoffed and stared at post 12617 for an hour or so.

In other news, thanks to a fine alert by an Aussie whose ba11s are never tampered with, so he tells me and that fine lad Alan P, a soundicated Wadebridge will be gracing The Junction from Wednesday. Oh, I am awful.........

Busted Flush

Only an hour Phil? Aren't you feeling well? Amazing progress, by the way.

In other news, thanks to a fine alert by an Aussie whose ba11s are never tampered with, so he tells me and that fine lad Alan P, a soundicated Wadebridge will be gracing The Junction from Wednesday. Oh, I am awful.........

Busted Flush

IT'S ANDY ACTUALLY, :O  :nono:  :nono:  haha But I have been called an awful lot worse, :no: ahhah. I hope you enjoy it mate. :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

IT'S ANDY ACTUALLY, :O  :nono:  :nono:  haha But I have been called an awful lot worse, :no: ahhah. I hope you enjoy it mate. :sungum:

Oh I am sorry Albert, it is really getting very vague between my ears these days. I think Wibblebridge will be a star performer up The Junction.

Phil

• Like 2