SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Sorry guys I seem to be a couple of block post behind .

I got "enthusiastically develop client-focused imperatives. 'King clueless as to what that means.

As for bacon butties, is our Phil allowed them with his delicate constitution?

GF Cob or slices and medallions of back bacon (any fat trimmed orf); no spread and no sauce. Yummy.

Ar$£

• RMweb Premium

GF Cob or slices and medallions of back bacon (any fat trimmed orf); no spread and no sauce. Yummy.

Ar$£

That is a pity no sauce.

Red sauce if up north to prove I am a southerner.

Brown sauce down south to wind up the southerners.

Both at home, to see the look of disgust on Mrs M's face.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

That is a pity no sauce.

Red sauce if up north to prove I am a southerner.

Brown sauce down south to wind up the southerners.

Both at home, to see the look of disgust on Mrs M's face.

Oh yes. Ideally, the bread should be dipped into the bacon fat too.

• RMweb Premium

Ah ha! The secret is out; CK to lead the Strictly Come Modelling ANTBSOSJ Team in the next Model Railway Challenge. Can I wear very tight Spandex briefs and thigh length, Sequence covered Wellies if I'm on the team? (Went to see Bohemian Rhapsody yesterday so I'm really enthused about  wearing outrageous costumes to public events).

Otherwise I shall get the Plastic Solvent out and get sniffing my collection of Walruses.

Ar$£

I'm glad I was sat down when I read this post, as it boggled my mind. I think I may have to take several pints of sedative in the hopes that I can recover.

• RMweb Premium

Want a laugh? No? Then read on dear hearts.

Being of weak will, I have been acquiring some really daft stuff from Ebay in the last few weeks. The first thing before the two DJH Loco's, which were actually errors of judgement, was the Siphon G Kit I mentioned some time ago. It be/were a 1974/5 Kemilway Kit with loads of teeny and very thin Brass Etchings the UF + buffers (quite nice brass turnings) and one (cast and the almost correct American thing) bogie partly completed; no instructions.

That will be a good and challenging fiddle I thought at the time. A kind Webber sent me some instructions for a similar kit and thanks for that. Pity I didn't have that particular version of the Siphon for a kit!

However, yesterday I decided I'd have a little clean up with it as it is tarnished, if looking quite nicely put together. That's when I discovered that it appears to have been stuck together using Varnish! It also does not have a body shell or ends. There are also loads of teeny weeny bits that I have no idea what they are used for!

OK I can create a body shell from (possibly) clear plasticard, using the old (was it Hornby or Airfix) version as a guide and probably use Comet or similar ends, but I'm now realising why the original owner never progressed the damn thing!

Not to be off-put I shall get out my Brown Vehicles GWR Stock Book and look at what it is was/like and especially what can be seen around the UF , probably have to make a list of bits to complete it and then store it for one of those rainy grey, winter days that are approaching.

Anyone with any pics of one of their Siphon Gs (I think this the outside frame version), especially the undergubbins, who could post me some pics would be rewarded with something in the future.

I'll never learn.

Yo

P

What a pity you didn't get it earlier in the year when David Geen was producing siphon underframe kits. He had 6 variations available depending on the lot number.

Edited by Siberian Snooper

• RMweb Premium

Anyone with any pics of one of their Siphon Gs (I think this the outside frame version), especially the undergubbins, who could post me some pics would be rewarded with something in the future.

Paul Bartlett has a few useful photos of Siphon G on his website here: https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/gwrsiphon

The inside frames version (formerly produced by Lima) is one of the few items I voted for in the latest wish-list poll. I hope I wasn't alone.

• RMweb Premium

Sorry guys I seem to be a couple of block post behind .

I got "enthusiastically develop client-focused imperatives. 'King clueless as to what that means.

As for bacon butties, is our Phil allowed them with his delicate constitution?

It's a corporate bullsh!t phrase generator website, Clive, like the arty-farty one the good Cap'n was using some pages ago.  To help to 'credibly recaptiualize cutting-edge portals'.  Or somfink…. :jester:

• RMweb Premium

It's a corporate bullsh!t phrase generator website, Clive, like the arty-farty one the good Cap'n was using some pages ago.  To help to 'credibly recaptiualize cutting-edge portals'.  Or somfink…. :jester:

Hi Three Legged Neil

When I was a union rep there was a meeting with the management of the hospital trust where the human resources manager and the Unison convener had got into a corporate carp session. I looked over towards the chief executive who had a blank look on his face and shrugged my shoulders. He then interrupted the meeting and said "Please could anyone explain what has been said in the last five minutes so Clive and I can understand." 

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Mayonnaise.......int that French?

In Scotland I expect my bacon to be deep fired in batter. :tomato: :tomato:

There were stories about mayonnaise and an outlet of McYuk in Plimuff, where the mayo had 7 varieties of male additives. I believe that they had, had a good telling off and this was their retribution before walking out. I didn't much like the stuff before and I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole or anything else now.

Mayonnaise.......int that French?

In Scotland I expect my bacon to be deep fired in batter. :tomato: :tomato:

Reminds me of a trip to Scotland some years ago when we went out for the evening for the obligatory drink.

Having tried the local pubs in a small place called Killin we got the post drink munchies, as you do, and called here...

post-20303-0-61702300-1541791172_thumb.jpg

It's still there I believe just next to McClaren village hall.

One of our group decided to order a pizza and when it was served up he had an almost rock hard 14" battered cheese and tomato frizbee !

Being a kind sort I let him have some of my chips which I would add were in a bag about the size of a new born baby !!!

If nothing else this place didn't skimp on its products and makes a change from a doner.

G

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Clive, I was once an NHS HR Adviser.....and a member of the Union/management joint working committee.....Shh don't tell any one.  I had two hats, one management, one COHSE (later UNISON) - cuckoo in the nest.  Our CEO was a straight talker, none of the PC crepe that became common later. He even liked to be called by his given name, can't say Christian name as he was Jewish!  This was 'a while' ago though, the PC brigade have probably taken over now, a shame if they have it was a good Trust.

In other news - on the Beeb news weather tonight there was Haverfordwest with an orange circle around it and a warning sign.  Inquiring minds need to know why.

• Like 1

I watched a couple of those  and turned off in disgust - I mean look at the people they chose to represent our fine hobby They were almost entirely male, old, poorly dressed and/or fat. On top of that they spoke a strange language and seemed to have a fascination with the most obscure ideas, not to mention weird imaginations.

What did you expect!  You can't have leggy blondes with short skirts pushing toy trains; it might upset the kiddies and perhaps a few fathers :O

Brian.

• RMweb Premium

Clive, I was once an NHS HR Adviser.....and a member of the Union/management joint working committee.....Shh don't tell any one.  I had two hats, one management, one COHSE (later UNISON) - cuckoo in the nest.  Our CEO was a straight talker, none of the PC crepe that became common later. He even liked to be called by his given name, can't say Christian name as he was Jewish!  This was 'a while' ago though, the PC brigade have probably taken over now, a shame if they have it was a good Trust.

In other news - on the Beeb news weather tonight there was Haverfordwest with an orange circle around it and a warning sign.  Inquiring minds need to know why.

Why would any one want to draw an orange circle around Haverfordwest, apart Herr Kapatain? Please do tell us our three legged friend?

• RMweb Premium

Why would any one want to draw an orange circle around Haverfordwest, apart Herr Kapatain? Please do tell us our three legged friend?

No ikea idea - ask the BEEB?  It was their weather report, I was too busy looking at the presenter to take notice of why the epicentre of Wales was so highlighted!  That dark haired gurl...oops...

• RMweb Premium

Just received the new book Steam in the English Landscape by Michael Welch and surprise, surprise, there’s a photo of ex-GWR 0-4-2T 1442 plus auto trailer at Seaton Junction taken on 27 February 1965.

Bet it was filthy? There were two and the other was 1450. They were standing in for busted bog certs but I doubt they stayed that long. Later that year I saw them both stored at St David's on the remains of the Shed. They were almost the last steam that were seen there. They came down from Yeovil together L. E. but never returned there.

By any chance cab you see the Trailer number?

P

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Website one is a bit different, but 'warning'.....presumably rain, you would think that wasn't news to Wales!  Haverfordwest is presumably the epicentre of rain, and is to be venerated by the locals?

attachicon.gifhwest.JPG

We nearly moved there or near there. Carys' sister in law, who is Welsh, and a Welsh speaker from Swansea area, put us off,  she said that the locals  around Haverfordwest didn't like other Welsh people. We wouldn't have stood a chance coming from Essex, even with Mrs M having a Welsh name. We ended up in middle of nowhere Linclonshire where the RAF have stopped zooming over head as there is a storm raging. Being so flat the wind just howls across the fields, just like the RAF's Typhoons and Tornadoes.

Edited by Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

We nearly moved there or near there. Carys' sister in law, who is Welsh, and a Welsh speaker from Swansea area, put us off,  and she said that the locals  around Haverfordwest didn't like other Welsh people. We wouldn't have stood a chance coming from Essex, even with Mrs M having a Welsh name. We ended up in middle of nowhere Linclonshire where the RAF have stopped zooming over head as there is a storm raging. Being so flat the wind just howls across the fields, just like the RAF's Typhoons and Tornadoes.

Beware of those windmills near you, they may explode.

A. Blaster