SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

Actually, being serious for a moment (rarely possible with me) they are actually bliddy historic things and are great fun to travel on compared to most of the other plastic carp being used these days.

Ar$£

They're currently my favourite trains to ride on the railways - especially in 1st class which can be remarkably cost effective if booked right - 1st class return to Stirling £220 pre-booked with hot breakfast in one direction and lunch in t'other

I believe the IETs followed the current fashion of doing away with seat cushions

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I await the experience of using one of the Montezoomas for an experience of a lifetime once they are introduced by LNER. That is supposed to be quite soon, but I shall find out more about that today after visiting 36E to admire a very wet 60009 and later an even wetter 46233 and speaking with the friendly Station Staff.

Phil

• RMweb Premium

Actually, being serious for a moment (rarely possible with me) they are actually bliddy historic things and are great fun to travel on compared to most of the other plastic carp being used these days.

Ar$£

HSTs are second to AM9s for comfort and speed. Well they are better at the speed thing but don't 'alf make a racket doing so.

• RMweb Gold

Talking of things that are posh, CTMK and I yesterday took delivery of the first ever item we have ordered (on line) from John Lewis.

The delivery confirmation said that the item (a computer keyboard tray) would be delivered sometime between 0700 hrs and 1700 hrs. That time period commences in what is technically referred to as 'the middle of the night' here at Kernow Towers, but hey, no one gets a courier delivering that early, do they?

Anyway, I thought nothing more about it, until the door bell rang at 0718 hrs yesterday morning.

It was probably just as well that it did, as I was in the middle of a nightmare, where David Jones had ousted Teresa May as the Prime Minister and had announced legislation to make his own unique brand of locomotive mechanisms mandatory across the country. There had been a referendum, in which he had hoodwinked the people by promising 'a 14XX for every household'. In my nightmare, I was trying to reason with an awkward Governmental Gearbox Inspector that my Perseverance chassis should have an exemption on medical grounds, when I woke up.

Anyway, the John Lewis delivery driver stood there on the doorstep, immaculately attired and with an extremely well-packaged item. He was most polite and apologised profusely for arriving at that hour, but evidently we must have been the first on the delivery schedule.

I later unpacked the item and was struck by how well and carefully it had been packed and what a nice computer keyboard tray it was. Later, in the afternoon, I gave my vocabulary of expletives a good airing as I lay on my back, fitting the new keyboard tray to the underside of the new desk that I had just installed.

You can forget your Yodel and Hermes, John Lewis has set the standard to beat here at Kernow Towers.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Talking of things that are posh, CTMK and I yesterday took delivery of the first ever item we have ordered (on line) from John Lewis.

The delivery confirmation said that the item (a computer keyboard tray) would be delivered sometime between 0700 hrs and 1700 hrs. That time period commences in what is technically referred to as 'the middle of the night' here at Kernow Towers, but hey, no one gets a courier delivering that early, do they?

Anyway, I thought nothing more about it, until the door bell rang at 0718 hrs yesterday morning.

It was probably just as well that it did, as I was in the middle of a nightmare, where David Jones had ousted Teresa May as the Prime Minister and had announced legislation to make his own unique brand of locomotive mechanisms mandatory across the country. There had been a referendum, in which he had hoodwinked the people by promising 'a 14XX for every household'. In my nightmare, I was trying to reason with an awkward Governmental Gearbox Inspector that my Perseverance chassis should have an exemption on medical grounds, when I woke up.

Anyway, the John Lewis delivery driver stood there on the doorstep, immaculately attired and with an extremely well-packaged item. He was most polite and apologised profusely for arriving at that hour, but evidently we must have been the first on the delivery schedule.

I later unpacked the item and was struck by how well and carefully it had been packed and what a nice computer keyboard tray it was. Later, in the afternoon, I gave my vocabulary of expletives a good airing as I lay on my back, fitting the new keyboard tray to the underside of the new desk that I had just installed.

You can forget your Yodel and Hermes, John Lewis has set the standard to beat here at Kernow Towers.

Splendid.

Now then, I have just witnessed something almost as good as a Packet thundering through Pokesdown Station one winter's night in about 1966. It was a maroon thing in LMS livery so I suppose it was really Crimson Lake. The Duchess was running late and the bonus was that it did not stop at 36E but thundered through, going south at a rate of knots and steaming beautifully. The sweet smell wafted across the Platform and SWMBO and I enjoyed the whiff. Almost as satisfying as a John Lewis Delivery I suspect? I did not Yodel and my Hermes has been cured by ointment. 

At$£

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 3

... The Duchess ...  Almost as satisfying as a John Lewis Delivery I suspect? ...

But was it "immaculately attired and with an extremely well-packaged item", as per CK's experience? Or is that Linford Christie wearing a suit and tie?

• RMweb Gold

Very sad, he wrote songs for the fun side of punk. Who cannot identify with "Sneaking in the backdoor with dirty magazines"? A wonderful line summing up many peoples youth?

His most well known was 'Have you ever fallen in love with someone you shouldn't have'

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Several Times; recently: Darcy Bussell; my Doctor; Amelia Pond!

Sad really.

Ar$£  

I know what you mean as I was unfaithful myself recently. I looked away from the mirror.

Several Times; recently: Darcy Bussell; my Doctor; Amelia Pond!

Sad really.

Ar$£  

I'll give you Darcy Bussell, but I'll bet your doctor's not as nice as my tottydoc.

And  .  .  .     Amy Pond can't hold a candle to Clara Oswald.  Did I ever mention that the delightful Jenna-Louise went to the same school as me?  To be fair, I did leave 30-odd years before she started, but it's the thought that counts, or so they say.

• RMweb Premium

Amy Pond can't hold a candle to Clara Oswald.  Did I ever mention that the delightful Jenna-Louise went to the same school as me? 

JLC has the same surname as my mother's maiden name...

And she's a Northerner, or more accurately, Lancastrian (like me)

We may be related.  :O

Edited by newbryford