SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Hi Brian

Mrs M can recall the milk being delivered by horse and cart, and she is younger than me.

She was brought up in Billericay so that might explain things.

And please not the Ian Dury song , she gets cross being called a fickie from Billericay.

I thought the point of the song was that Dickie wasn't a something fickie, or so he claimed.

• RMweb Premium

I thought the point of the song was that Dickie wasn't a something fickie, or so he claimed.

Tricky Dicky from Billericay................great lines. Here is another of my fave toons

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvWHQMH-G4A&feature=share

Proper job band, not like the sh#te mostly around these days

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

I was going to take the Kernowmobile through the car wash this afternoon, when I found that I couldn't unscrew the radio aerial, so I had to abort that particular operation and claim a refund on the car wash ticket. As I then drove over to find a parking space, I noticed the 'Tesco Hand Car Wash' facility on the left and thus intrigued, parked close by and ambled over to ascertain what the damage for a basic wash would be.

Having ascertained the price and undertaken a quick risk assessment regarding affordability, I decided that I couldn't be ar$ed to hand wash the car myself and didn't want to get my trousers wet by using the jet wash, so I engaged a most affable gentleman to hand wash the vehicle.

I handed him the keys but first re-set the key code to the pasty storage compartment. Thus re-assured, I left the vehicle in his tender care and went to do some shopping.

Upon emerging from the large retail facility, I walked back to the car with my purchases and discussed payment options with the still-affable gentleman. I decided to use a card, which was duly swiped. The receipt could be e-mailed but then, to our mutual surprise, we found that his tablet already had details of my e-mail address on it, despite this being the first time that I had used his services and so he could not have been previously acquainted with my card.

He investigated at some length, to his credit, but wasn't sure how this could happen. The only conclusion we could come to, was that a previous usage of the same card in a similar 'swipe-your-card-but-you-get-no-paper-receipt-but-we'll-e-mail-you-one' emporium must have permitted one set of electrons to inform another set of electrons regarding my e-mail address.

When I returned home and checked my e-mail on a proper computer, as all right-thinking inhabitants of Kernow Towers do, I found that I had received an e-mail from the car washing facility, thus supporting the previous theory.

• RMweb Premium

Its likely a lot will not recall horse drawn carts from the likes of the Co-op fr'instance, delivering the milk and bread down the back lanes of another age.  That was also a great source of 'fertiliser'.

Brian.

Carts of horse s#it are what a lot of posts on this Forum are, including many of mine and on this tread as well. However, horse s#it can be useful as long as it is well rotted and that is certainly the condition of many people I see at exhibitions. :sarcastichand:  :this:  :fie:  :angry: .

Tricky Dicky from Billericay................great lines. Here is another of my fave toons

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvWHQMH-G4A&feature=share

Proper job band, not like the sh#te mostly around these days

Thank you for that Ducky, made my afternoon watching it !

Saw him perform once and will always remember the gig.  Ahhh those were the days......

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I was going to take the Kernowmobile through the car wash this afternoon, when I found that I couldn't unscrew the radio aerial, so I had to abort that particular operation and claim a refund on the car wash ticket. As I then drove over to find a parking space, I noticed the 'Tesco Hand Car Wash' facility on the left and thus intrigued, parked close by and ambled over to ascertain what the damage for a basic wash would be.

Having ascertained the price and undertaken a quick risk assessment regarding affordability, I decided that I couldn't be ar$ed to hand wash the car myself and didn't want to get my trousers wet by using the jet wash, so I engaged a most affable gentleman to hand wash the vehicle.

I handed him the keys but first re-set the key code to the pasty storage compartment. Thus re-assured, I left the vehicle in his tender care and went to do some shopping.

Upon emerging from the large retail facility, I walked back to the car with my purchases and discussed payment options with the still-affable gentleman. I decided to use a card, which was duly swiped. The receipt could be e-mailed but then, to our mutual surprise, we found that his tablet already had details of my e-mail address on it, despite this being the first time that I had used his services and so he could not have been previously acquainted with my card.

He investigated at some length, to his credit, but wasn't sure how this could happen. The only conclusion we could come to, was that a previous usage of the same card in a similar 'swipe-your-card-but-you-get-no-paper-receipt-but-we'll-e-mail-you-one' emporium must have permitted one set of electrons to inform another set of electrons regarding my e-mail address.

When I returned home and checked my e-mail on a proper computer, as all right-thinking inhabitants of Kernow Towers do, I found that I had received an e-mail from the car washing facility, thus supporting the previous theory.

I am cautious about the hand washes due to exploitation of some the employees at some of these places. However, I am sure Tesco would not permit such naughtiness to happen on their sites.

If anyone thinks I am a liberal snowflake then they can #### off.

P

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Carts of horse s#it are what a lot of posts on this Forum are, including many of mine and on this tread as well. However, horse s#it can be useful as long as it is well rotted and that is certainly the condition of many people I see at exhibitions. :sarcastichand:  :this:  :fie:  :angry: .

Some smell like it too!

• RMweb Premium

E-up Duck bloke

Has your Pip used the horse poo you took home to her when you visited the Mortimore ranch?

Most geezers take a bunch of flowers or a box of chocolates home for their wives when they have been out for the day....no not Phil 3 bags of  well rotted horse doings.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

E-up Duck bloke

Has your Pip used the horse poo you took home to her when you visited the Mortimore ranch?

Most geezers take a bunch of flowers or a box of chocolates home for their wives when they have been out for the day....no not Phil 3 bags of  well rotted horse doings.

I think I had it for Dinner about three weeks ago............................. :mosking: 

Philth

• RMweb Premium

Outside, we had got off lightly, but there were cow pats, hoof prints and other disturbances in other gardens and one front garden had suffered particularly.

Anyone need their roses fertilising?

The defacations of ruminents and hippo-domesticus are not suitable for the fertilization of horticultural produce when they are in a "fresh" state.

Best placed upon the heap of composture, or left in a plastic sack for 6 months or so.

The exception to the ruling is the use of output from Llamas and Alpacas.    That can be delivered even while warm to the needy growths.

• RMweb Premium

Couldn't sleep so I thought I would wish the gang Merry Festives !

attachicon.gifSEATON A JNCT.jpg

Ho! Ho! Ohhh !

G

Did someone get on the wrong train at Exeter St Davids and decide to throw the seat out of the guards van at SJ rather than take it back?

Edited by brushman47544

• RMweb Gold

Do you use Paypal at all? Our card payment system works via Paypal and clients are often surprised to find that their e-mail or mobile number comes up on our screen.

• RMweb Gold

Do you use Paypal at all? Our card payment system works via Paypal and clients are often surprised to find that their e-mail or mobile number comes up on our screen.

Negative, Caller, but I have used the card in other machines operated by the same credit card payment company, if that makes sense?