SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

23 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

All this talk about motor bikes, I had a C90. I went everywhere on it, well all of Essex. Then one night I came off it. There was a neat hole in my bike Jacket, the inner jacket, my jumper, my shirt and my skin where one part of my humerus bone came through. When they opened up my arm there were 7 large bits of bone. 2 plates, 12 screws and some wire later (and a bone graft from my hip) it was back together. I still have limited movement in my left elbow and wake up most nights in pain, 27 years afterwards.

It don't matter how big a bike is that road will hurt you if you land on it.

Similar for me, low speed crash resulting in 2 plates and 11 screws (12th screw would be where the gap in the bones is) holding my left arm together.  Mrs T insisted that the bike had to go which was rather depressing until I had the idea of using the space in the garage for a model railway.  So, my beloved SV650S was replaced by 12' by 6' OO gauge layout which almost compensates...

Teabag

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
On ‎06‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 21:27, Mallard60022 said:

other downs starting at Waterloo have the loco entered

Now the Exeter locos are  all entered on the right end of the coach lists for clarity after sorting the actual formations order today with a good friend.

The Waterloo departures have the Loco at the left end of the coach lists. 

If I could attach the damn SS I would so you could see what I'm on about.

P

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Now the Exeter locos are  all entered on the right end of the coach lists for clarity after sorting the actual formations order today with a good friend.

The Waterloo departures have the Loco at the left end of the coach lists. 

If I could attach the damn SS I would so you could see what I'm on about.

P

Hi Phil

Click on "Choose Files", then go to where you have hidden the spread sheet , highlight it and then click on open and by computer magic it will be added to the post. We are allowed xls files.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Phil

Click on "Choose Files", then go to where you have hidden the spread sheet , highlight it and then click on open and by computer magic it will be added to the post. We are allowed xls files.

I am trying, very trying!

P

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

I could only get an opening of my private files on the screen so I wasn't leaving that on here.

Fortunately a friend has offered to pass it on from his PC. I am in the course of checking my copy now to correct my errors.

Phil

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Will the information include quality of on-board tea and space/layout information for the toilet compartments?

(Asking on behalf of Admiral Cuthberston).

I'm not divulging my privates for anyone, however one should not flush whilst stationary at a station (or anywhere for that matter) and tea will be served in the Restaurant Car at 3p.m.

Iva Teleys 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to 2manyspams who is undoubtedly a superstar, here is a PDF; there are two pages and they are not the finished articles.

2 Sets (P?) in Maunsell Green; 3 Sets L in Green.  5 Sets in Yellow. Set 400 is a 4 coach, one off set and as you may notice it could not have run as many times as they suggest! There are some locos missing on the Exeter departures and there are no destinations on the Waterloo departures either. I am working on that at the moment.

1958 Expresses off Waterloo Exeter and area SO.pdf

May you God go with you and goodnight and may God help me to get a grip with blinkin' saving and attaching SS stuff. Pah!

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Never (touch wood) hurt myself much on the bikes, but smashed my left foot to smithereens walking along a muddy path! Sticking to bikes….but changing gear hurts a bit.

Now what's all this about coaches?  According to my assistant at work green ones look like cucumbers.  Surprised we sell any really!

• Funny 2

Serious question - is Hon Algenon Cuthbertson a Captain, or a First Lieutenant ?  And is he retired or not ?

Have him up before Judge Jefferies at the next Bodmin Assizes and have him transported.  Falmouth will thank you!

Brian.

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, brianusa said:

Serious question - is Hon Algenon Cuthbertson a Captain, or a First Lieutenant ?  And is he retired or not ?

Have him up before Judge Jefferies at the next Bodmin Assizes and have him transported.  Falmouth will thank you!

Brian.

I hear on a popular radio programme that there used to be excursion trains to Bodymins so that posh ######## could watch hangings at the Gaol

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
Just now, Mallard60022 said:

I hear on a popular radio programme that there used to be excursion trains to Bodymins so that posh ######## could watch hangings at the Gaol

They finished when the peasants were Revolting

This post is not working well on my phone

• RMweb Premium

Nice spreadsheet Phil. Mine has more colours on it than yours though. Seriously, unless I am misunderstanding, which is probable, it looks like you are contemplating five coach cassettes. I've found four to be the practical maximum, and I'm about to ask my joiner if he can do me some more threes and twos, as they are so much easier, and safer, to handle.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I hadn't thought about the 5s coming from one cassette G. Two brakes and three middle coaches = 1 cassette of three and a couple of loosy lockets!

I have not yet looked carefully at this SS set and the 'missing' trains (locals and others), to start to rationialise the stock requirements. For example, I will not really need a 3L for every train that has one!! Your thinking has saved my braincell some mighty tough work. Thanks.

P

• Informative/Useful 1