SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

1 hour ago, Mallard60022 said:

Actually, apart from the ripping up of most of the track and creating a desolate Station site (not unlike it is a present but without forests of undergrowth), with only Stubby's Hut and a Platform 1 + manky building (not yet constructed by said Stubbs as he is sensibly awaiting any progress), I had considered doing something like that. I can get about as far as 1967 but 87 would be really very difficult and I wouldn't have a NSE 50 tucked away anyway. (I do have one of those green livery IKBs (with excellent sound, but with EM wheel sets). 

Suppose I could do a fantasy era where the whole area survived reasonably well preserved, except perhaps the Branch being a heritage line, including Trams, with the Junction being the heritage HQ and NSE expresses running a full timetable as they should have done, along with steam workings to and from Salisbury and other areas (via Yeovil) and a local service at peak times with  additional facilities for P & R.

P

Oh! For goodness sake !

Take a couple of ya tablits and have a lay down with the kurtains pulled, then dream of the finished layout in all its entirety pleeze.

We'll have no more of this sort of talk thank you !!!

N.O.T. Beeching

• Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, bgman said:

Oh! For goodness sake !

Take a couple of ya tablits and have a lay down with the kurtains pulled, then dream of the finished layout in all its entirety pleeze.

We'll have no more of this sort of talk thank you !!!

N.O.T. Beeching

I don't fully agree, but like you Grahame I do think it is a tad silly to mudle the 80s and keep things as they were. Would look right daft. :crazy:

I think a 1980s Remains of Seaton Junction would look good. And just think Phil, no complication of points in the scenic area with a single track. :rtfm:

All the stock in Notwork Southeast livery, cos we all know Devon is in the best part of the country. Class 50s, class 33s, class 47s (in Scotrail livery) and if you extend to the 90s class 158s.  :locomotive::locomotive::locomotive:

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium

Oh you lot are so kind and thoughtful. Such fun.

1 hour ago, Stubby47 said:

I have April to finish DM4MS for it's  visit to SWAG at Taunton, then it's  on with the Seaton Stn Building.

I like the idea of the station still existing in it's entirety,  with a heritage branch and occasional steam specials on the main line, as a light interlude alternative to the general SR 1950's flavour.

Now there is an idea...……………………...and thank you dear heart re the building. That really will make me get a grip of my ar$£ and do something constructive.

May I indulge you all for a moment? I have forgotten who it is (he don't appear so often these days sadly) that would appear to live near/in Radstock and is of like mind to us mob. I need to contact he urgent like. Thanks.

Mad Duck

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

Suppose I could do a fantasy era where the whole area survived reasonably well preserved, except perhaps the Branch being a heritage line, including Trams, with the Junction being the heritage HQ and NSE expresses running a full timetable as they should have done, along with steam workings to and from Salisbury and other areas (via Yeovil) and a local service at peak times with  additional facilities for P & R.

P

I think that sounds like a good idea. Would you need any Maunsells? I appear to have about 20 too many at present.:heat:

Imaginary Friend.

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Oh you lot are so kind and thoughtful. Such fun.

Now there is an idea...……………………...and thank you dear heart re the building. That really will make me get a grip of my ar$£ and do something constructive.

May I indulge you all for a moment? I have forgotten who it is (he don't appear so often these days sadly) that would appear to live near/in Radstock and is of like mind to us mob. I need to contact he urgent like. Thanks.

Mad Duck

I think that would be Mr Tim Dubya Mr Duck

Madder Valley

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Take more water with it, Ducky!

Yes, things are getting quite bizarre here in Duck Towers and the drugs are failing to cope. I believe, from what I hear on World Service, it is being identified as Brexshiteitis; disturbed sleep, loss of motivation, unable to make rational decisions and the appearance of skin blotches resembling those noted during the Black Death and that is just SWMBO.

All I need now is for Bachmann to announce a further series of retooled Bulleid coaches ready for June, including the Dining vehicles, and I shall know that the world as I once knew it has finally begun to decompose. Blackpool 2, Argyle 4.

P

• Friendly/supportive 3

1 hour ago, Mallard60022 said:

Blackpool 2, Argyle 4.

Oi!

Just watch it, Duck, else you could end up smothered in a nice, sharp tangerine sauce.

Actually, that scoreline wouldn't surprise me at all.  Bring on all the usual cliches:

"It's always a roller-coaster ride with Blackpool."

"Let's hope for a towering performance."

"The sand's better on the pitch than it is on the beach."

etc.

At least there should be a reasonable crowd now the Oystons have been forcibly removed.

Will we still be talking to each other at 5 o'clock?

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, devonseasider said:

Oi!

Just watch it, Duck, else you could end up smothered in a nice, sharp tangerine sauce.

Actually, that scoreline wouldn't surprise me at all.  Bring on all the usual cliches:

"It's always a roller-coaster ride with Blackpool."

"Let's hope for a towering performance."

"The sand's better on the pitch than it is on the beach."

etc.

At least there should be a reasonable crowd now the Oystons have been forcibly removed.

Will we still be talking to each other at 5 o'clock?

Honours even? We can't sustain our  leads; must be DCC.

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, devonseasider said:

C'mon, you can't blame the County Council for everything, can you?

I hate to say this but from posts of farckbrook we actually threw that away having strangely out played the Tangerines for 80 minutes and then just wentto sleep just like last week. Bliddy idjuts.

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, devonseasider said:

C'mon, you can't blame the County Council for everything, can you?

No, but I will blame those fatuous and money-grabbing idiots at South Hams District Council for levying a charge to use the public lavatories in Ivybridge as of tomorrow, plus the tight and miserly governments that have sustained 'austerity' all these years, thus leaving local authorities without enough funds to manage properly, plus the greedy, arrogant barstewards of wbankers, who started it all.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 hours ago, raymw said:

Well, if Ivybridge became a 'sanctuary city' Like San Francisco, say, then the whole area would be a latrine.

I've just come back from a week in San Francisco and can confirm that it is indeed a latrine.

Not sure that's because it is a sanctuary city though.  I've been sporadically over the past 15 years and always loathed the place.

• Friendly/supportive 1

7 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

No, but I will blame those fatuous and money-grabbing idiots at South Hams District Council for levying a charge to use the public lavatories in Ivybridge as of tomorrow, plus the tight and miserly governments that have sustained 'austerity' all these years, thus leaving local authorities without enough funds to manage properly, plus the greedy, arrogant barstewards of wbankers, who started it all.

Not like you to hold back coyly, Tim.

Why don't you say it like it really is?

C'mon, tell us what you really think  .  .  .  .

PS   talking of Ivybridge, have you been to that chippy in Plympton?  Kingfisher I think it's called.

Chippy of the year 2017 or 2018.

• Informative/Useful 1