SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

Where's the Chapel at Pegs? Is it near St Enodoc?

No, that's Chapel Amble.

I first encountered the "chapel hat-pegs" reference on a Blaster Bates record about 40 years ago. 

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, timbowilts said:

Good grief! I’d like to see Dave Franks cast a set of those! What are they fitted to?

Tim T

No idea Tim. Found it in a thread titled A Nice Pair of Buffers, on here and the usual suspects were making lude comments there as well; not me of course as I know nothing of what this is all about.

Ar$£

• RMweb Premium

This afternoon, after an interesting talk at the U3A from a nice pair (of Pharmacists) and afterwards some thunder showers that I did not get caught in whilst walking home from the venue, I wrestleaterated with some artists' mesh, a pair of Tin Snips along with a Hot Glue Gun, a bended Hacksaw blade, some insulating expanded polystyrene, Peco Track Pins, a Jeweller's Hammer, some Pliers,  a few Hornby Track Pins, one 1" Panel Pin, some screws (Philips head)some scap plywood, a wooden foldy up type ruler, a pencil, a decent cross cut saw, some sandpaper, a really good Rasp and a small Surform Plane. Gorilla Glue was also employed and my fleet of vacuum Cleaners. That was fun.

Ar$£

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

This afternoon, after an interesting talk at the U3A from a nice pair (of Pharmacists) and afterwards some thunder showers that I did not get caught in whilst walking home from the venue, I wrestleaterated with some artists' mesh, a pair of Tin Snips along with a Hot Glue Gun, a bended Hacksaw blade, some insulating expanded polystyrene, Peco Track Pins, a Jeweller's Hammer, some Pliers,  a few Hornby Track Pins, one 1" Panel Pin, some screws (Philips head)some scap plywood, a wooden foldy up type ruler, a pencil, a decent cross cut saw, some sandpaper, a really good Rasp and a small Surform Plane. Gorilla Glue was also employed and my fleet of vacuum Cleaners. That was fun.

Ar$£

That seems a lot of effort to get a hungry caterpillar to metamorphose, got any pictures?

Ash

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Ar$£

Is that all you have done???????

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, Ashley Bridge said:

That seems a lot of effort to get a hungry caterpillar to metamorphose, got any pictures?

Ash

Not yet. Only did about a metre of embankment and 'trays'/'pods'. I was just showing off with all the technical equipment involved.

Red Leader mentioned the 'trays'/'pods'. It will become clear how this is supposed to work once some pics are sorted. It is a bit of an experiment at the moment, with the intention of allowing reasonable access to the storage loops if there is a disaster, and yet provide a decent looking scenic area during normal operations. Loads of trees, loads of staticaterated grasses and some nice little and very neat bushes (:swoon:) will sort that out, says he with confidence.

46 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Is that all you have done???????

Yup. I'll do the whole station and yards area in a minute and then the east embankment of the Incline and surrounding countryside + backscemes, scenic break photoprint sheets, Uncle Tom Cobblers and all, before breakfast tomorrow. Doesn't include point rodding and signal wires with wiggler bits or signals.

Ar$£

• Funny 2

7 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Not yet. Only did about a metre of embankment and 'trays'/'pods'. I was just showing off with all the technical equipment involved.

Red Leader mentioned the 'trays'/'pods'. It will become clear how this is supposed to work once some pics are sorted. It is a bit of an experiment at the moment, with the intention of allowing reasonable access to the storage loops if there is a disaster, and yet provide a decent looking scenic area during normal operations. Loads of trees, loads of staticaterated grasses and some nice little and very neat bushes (:swoon:) will sort that out, says he with confidence.

Yup. I'll do the whole station and yards area in a minute and then the east embankment of the Incline and surrounding countryside + backscemes, scenic break photoprint sheets, Uncle Tom Cobblers and all, before breakfast tomorrow. Doesn't include point rodding and signal wires with wiggler bits or signals.

Ar$£

Until I see photographic proof I refuse to believe it!

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

No, that's Chapel Amble.

I first encountered the "chapel hat-pegs" reference on a Blaster Bates record about 40 years ago. 

That would be about right - I was at Uni from 75 to 78.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

Ar$£

Sounds good Phil. An old (now late, sadly) friend did exactly that to conceal some loops behind the scenic section. He built in some proper handholds too, which were concealed by removable buildings in normal operation.

• Informative/Useful 1

12 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Any how Smifffy, have you settled in in your new abode and sorted out a manshed yet?

Thanks for asking Clive,  we've almost finished the building work and SWMBO has got me into gardening, so between us we've seeded offer 3000 square metres of lawn that used to be massively overgrown borders.

We've also taken about 10 trailer loads of stuff we decided we didn't really need after all to the tip, and managed to get all the railway boxes, and a lot of others into he new manacle which is about half the size of the last one.

I did realise that going back over time, on every occasion on which I've completed the circuit of a model railway, I've found myself moving house two years later. As we have no intention of leaving this one, perhaps I ought to comsooider an end to end - I do have 21' to do it in, s it could ba an interesting opportunity.

However, it's certainly not going to provide me with modelling space that willl accommodate the 200-odd coaches, 100+ locos and 200 trucks I brought with me - I sense a spot of Fleabaying coming on!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Sounds good Phil. An old (now late, sadly) friend did exactly that to conceal some loops behind the scenic section. He built in some proper handholds too, which were concealed by removable buildings in normal operation.

I'd wondered about that but there are no buildings just a load of trees and bushes. Perhaps I'll arrange to grab a bush or two to enable uplift.

Ar$£ 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

I'd wondered about that but there are no buildings just a load of trees and bushes. Perhaps I'll arrange to grab a bush or two to enable uplift.

Ar$£ 

Grabbing a bush sounds like a great idea.

• Agree 1